Tips with Soul Calibur 2 Talim

SarahPaiFan

[08] Mercenary
Are there any moves or setups in Soul Calibur 4 that also work in Soul Calibur 2 when using Talim? I'm going to Steamtown Mall on Wednesday.

Nope... nothing... SC2 Talim and SC4 Talim are completely different. Yes, some of her juggles still work, but anything that did damage in SC2 has been nerfed to high hell to the point that her WORSE moves in SC2, are now her BEST moves in SC4. SC2 Arcade Talim is also very different from SC2 Console Talim.

Nope... nothing... SC2 Talim and SC4 Talim are completely different. Yes, some of her juggles still work, but anything that did damage in SC2 has been nerfed to high hell to the point that her WORSE moves in SC2, are now her BEST moves in SC4. SC2 Arcade Talim is also very different from SC2 Console Talim.
Not that different IIRC.

I think the only difference was that you could charge 4B in console.

Anyway, just spam 33A. :V

AA - quick high
AAB - nice little mixup
BB - quick mid
33A - tech crouching, step killing mid that ring out and it's safe
1A+B - tech crouching mid that launches. follow it up with 44B. Work out of FC
1K - quick low
44K - low that kills step. a bit slower

Besides what HervE said... here are her top 10 moves I can think off the top of my head.

AA and AAB is a GREAT mixup, simply because the B is delayable... not delayable in SC4... transitions into Wind Charmer 1.

BB is your bread and butter... there is a reason why we called it the Killer Bs. The BB combo is your setup to EVERYTHING. Talim's absolute best moves in SC2 start from Back Turn, and BB transitions into Wind Charmer 2. And it gives you enough advantage to have suitable mixups.

33A... the god move... Tech crouches, tracks 350 degrees, tech jumps, rings out, safe, long range.

1A+B... we call this move "Jesus!" When someone got hit by it, the first thing they said was "Jesus Christ!", as they saw 35% of their health disappear from only 2 hits. Sadly, both this move and 33A were nerfed hardcore in SC4. 1A+B->44B.

1K... her new 2K. However, instead of it being utter garbage like it is now in SC4, in SC2 its one of the best lows in the game.

44K was my famous mixup (its now 1K). I used 44K as an audio queue, the sound I make with the stick as I do it is very significant. So I make the sound with 44K and people start blocking low. Once they do that, I change it to 44B... once they start GI-ing low, I change to 44A and ring them out.

BT A... same as her current BT A, except it auto-GIed all mid/high horizontals.

BT B... same as her current BT B, except it auto-GIed all mid/high verticals.

4B... in the console version, this move was GOD-LIKE. In SC2 you delay the to ANY frame you want (unlike SC3/SC4 were there are only a few select frames that you can delay it to); this of course means that you could delay, and the moment you see the opponent try to attack, you could let go and on that exact frame, your move would come out (in SC4, when you let go, it waits for one of the predetermined select frames, and then attacks). Not only that, but it was also cancel-able into Wind Charmer 2... which as I said before, gives her move options.

WR B... fastest rising move in the game... TECH CROUCHES, does not tech crouch in SC4, unfortunately.

WR A... another fast move, hits high... TECH CROUCHES, does not tech crouch in SC4, unfortunately. Rings out like a cannon.

Back