Tira being DLC

kj209

[08] Mercenary
Relax everyone about this tira dlc thing. I heard people saying Cervantes and Lizard man will be dlc now, relax tira is the bonus season pass character it sucks but people she's going to be the 6th character slot that will be a dlc slot for future dlc the last 5 slots we be Raphael, Cervantes, Lizard man, Hwang, and probably a new character. The season pass has 4 characters the 4th being the bonus character which is Tira making this games roster 26 characters. I'm telling you I've thought it through over and over tira is dlc it's not as complex as everyone is making it and yes it sucks but it's not end of the world bad like people are making it to be

But this is still stupid making us pay for a character that's been around since 05

I understand why Project Soul is doing this. They want Tira's SCIV & V gameplay intacted and easily port her SCIV & V model into Unreal Engine 4.

Do we know if Tira has a story?
Or does dlc automatically mean no story mode participation?
Are there other clues i overlooked?

Last edited:
Do we know if Tira has a story?
Or does dlc automatically mean no story mode participation?
Are the orher clues i overlooked?
It's too soon to know, but the hope is that DLC characters do get at least Soul Chronicle stories, if not also inclusion in other game modes. It hasn't been confirmed or deconfirmed. For all we know, there's more than 20 lines in the starting list. Nothing is final that we've seen thus far.

Buy the season pass, and you get her. You could buy her individually if you want, but you'll save money in the long run by buying the season pass. She has nothing to do with pre-order. That's been debunked.

Would you be getting this up in arms if it was Li Long, Hwang, or Rock instead of Tira? What if it were Cassandra (who was not in all the games since III like Tira but she was in II-IV). The argument most people are using about her being a mainstay of the roster is a fallacy that I find fascinating considering no one has gotten this upset about any of the other characters from pretty much all previous fighting games that cut a character and either they don't appear for a game or get added later as DLC. Soul Calibur is taking the majority of the criticism because it is the most casual friendly of all the fighting games...

I mentioned in the general discussion thread that there is more going on here than people realize. Things do not get made Day 1 DLC without a reason. Yes the reason is money but likely not because she was cut from the roster. Even in her reveal trailer you can see that the audio doesn't quite sync up and that there are some actions where she is not even holding her weapon. The character doesn't look quite as polished as some of the others. I imagine that the extra time needed was to work on her. The issue is paying for her and after thinking about it I completely understand the need to charge for her.

Soul Calibur VI was likely given a smaller budget as is and more than likely the reason they are charging for Tira Day 1 is to recuperate the extra costs of adding her 'last minute'. There were rumors of her being added over a year ago which was right around the time that Zasalamel was expected to be a DLC character. Notice that Zasalamel is no longer a DLC character and I believe that this was a result of his expanded role in Libra of the Soul (narrator/mentor) and the fact they went with a more diverse character instead. I believe both Tira and Zasalamel were probably decided upon around the same time but focus went first into Zasalamel.

The reason they would like us to pay for her is because Project Soul quite possibly over extended their budget...considering what is in the game and how much content they are including it would not be a surprise if they spent more than allotted. If this were the case and they did go over then they likely pitched the idea of making Tira (who was not going to be completed by the time the game went gold) as a dlc character to be allowed to do more with the game.

Another possibility is that Tira might just be DLC because of us. Because of the fans that wanted a second guest character. She might be their way of trying to have the funding needed to do another. It would also explain why they might not know if they will be able to have one or not...they might not know if they can fund it yet.

They should just stop base roster releases and beef up CAS and make everyone not-yet-released planned DLC with 10 Season Passes just to troll people for their outrage.

Yeah i'll just wait until I can get the game pre owned for like £40 then i wont mind paying for dlc so much.

They confirmed she does indeed have her own Soul Chronicle chapter.

10:58 - Tira DLC Details

I believe that that blank spot in the center of the Character Select Screen is for DLC Characters.

vlcsnap-2018-08-23-16h39m11s321.png

Relax everyone about this tira dlc thing. I heard people saying Cervantes and Lizard man will be dlc now, relax tira is the bonus season pass character it sucks but people she's going to be the 6th character slot that will be a dlc slot for future dlc the last 5 slots we be Raphael, Cervantes, Lizard man, Hwang, and probably a new character. The season pass has 4 characters the 4th being the bonus character which is Tira making this games roster 26 characters. I'm telling you I've thought it through over and over tira is dlc it's not as complex as everyone is making it and yes it sucks but it's not end of the world bad like people are making it to be
Found this on Reddit sums up everything perfectly
IMG_1753.JPG

Comic is pretty accurate, still though. I ain't giving those con-artist a penny, regardless of their make-believe excuses for making my bae cost extra. Would gladly have like 10 of the trash looking characters revealed so far be dlc than Tira. REEEEEE

Back