Tira vs Alpha Patroklos

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalex

[08] Mercenary
So, I'm having a lot of trouble in my matches vs APat. I normally just go for rush-down tactics, but against him I don't feel safe. He seems to have an easier time punishing me than I do punishing him. Should I try and stick to a footsie/keepaway style doing stuff like GS 6A and 3A to keep him zoned out, or are there particular attacks I should look for to punish?

To me it seems like it'd be better to try to stick to the mid range zone game.
That's just from watching other characters fight aPat though, I only have experience against shitty online ones and not many at that.

You're definitely right about him having amazing punish. You're also right in thinking you should stay back a bit, he's brutal at point blank. His low game is pretty weak, so his mix-ups come from throws - staying out of throw range can help a lot. He's also really linear, with few moves to catch step outside of very close range, so take advantage of that - just watch out for his bA. It's fast and has a ton of range, but puts him at a pretty bad disadvantage on block. Twisters are also pretty easy to punish if he just throws one out at random.

From playing Hyrul (Tira main) extensively at WGC Cannes (about 50 or so matches), Tira can win this match, though it is defenitely in Alpha's favour.
True enough, Alpha can punish you for near enough half bar and whiff punish you for half bar, but he struggles on mid range antistep.
My advice - get the fuck out of JS as soon as possible and get to grips with 3B midrange whiff punishment, you can make up the damge here. Also, for all of the amazing tools he has, when Tira is in gloomy side by a wall or edge with meter, he has very few options, her pressure game is that good - abuse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back