To anybody owning a G-sync monitor at 120Hz or above.

G-sync enabled, 120Hz, or something even better?

• Enable g-sync

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Set Monitor refresh rate to 120Hz

• There's something better than those two.

• Total voters

franman

[13] Hero
When playing SC6, do you guys have g-sync enabled -OR- do you just set the monitor refresh rate to 120Hz -OR- is there another option I never heard of for better optimal performance?

Plz explain your choice even of it's outside of the first two questions.

I HAVE A 144HZ MONITOR WITH GSYNC.

VSYNC ON MY WINDOWS IS DISABLED IN THE NVIDIA SETTINGS (I ALSO SET REFRESH RATE TO 120 HZ IN THE "CHANGE RESOLUTION" SECTION). FINALLY, I USE RTSS (RIVATUNER STATISTICS SERVER) TO CAP THE FRAME RATE AT 120 FPS.

SC6 LOCKS THE FRAME RATE AT 60 FPS, BUT I HAVE MY MONITOR CAPPED AT 120 FPS FOR OTHER GAMES I MIGHT PLAY. CERTAIN GAMES LIKE SKYRIM DON'T RUN PROPERLY UNLESS THE FRAME RATE IS LOCKED AT A MULTIPLE OF 30.

Last edited:
So basically I did some researching around to the point where I've asked the author who has written articles on the G-sync 101 series.

I've asked the author what is the most optimal settings I can achieve with a fighting game locked at 60 fps.

In a nutshell, you want to set the monitor refresh rate to the highest with g-sync and v-sync enabled.

Alternatively, you can just enable g-sync and with v-sync disabled, but you may witness screen tearing.

Details of the answer can be found here.

Back