Too old for Guilty Gear :(

AriesWarlock

[12] Conqueror
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-16-the-arc-of-fighting-interview?page=2

Eurogamer: What ever happened to Guilty Gear? Why did you stop making it?

Daisuke Ishiwatari: Guilty Gear got too hardcore for some people, so we wanted to reset the level of entrance. BlazBlue was the answer to it. Also, the generation of Guilty Gear players has become a certain age - maybe a little bit too old for playing games. So making that reset brings in a new generation of fighting game players. Then they will be with us for the next few years.

Eh, Street Fighter is older, became easier to play, and look how successful it is now. Guy needs to stop making excuses and do some work.

Somebody asked him why Blazblue was so "noob friendly"

Well thats fine Arc System Works. I won't be giving you my hard earned dollars anymore, either. Works both ways.

I don't mind not having a new GG game so much is I hate the fact that they didn't finish up the story. Let's be real...no one in the States plays that shit anymore.

How could Daisuke say such a thing?! You can't get too old for playing games any more than you can get too old for reading books or watching movies. I can understand how a new series like blazblue would bring in new young people but I just don't like the way he put that.

but oh well.....he did cool music for Hard Corps Uprising so I'll forgive him...

Honestly, I think their excuses are kinda legit. Making new GG games is not going to make enough money to be worth the work they'll put into it unless casual gamers can play it as well- which is why SF4 and the SC series do so well. Remember that the hardcore/competitive scene is a very small fraction of the audience that actually buys the game. Are they going to listen to the 99% of fans that play it casually or the 1% that want the game to be super hard? (This is why Namco doesn't give a shit about balance when compared to adding guest chars) Making BB a cross between GG and SF in terms of difficulty was kind of the only way to please everyone, or at least most. I mean, I like GG a lot, but I could only play it casually because I have shitty execution. BB and AH are like a godsend to me because I can actually play it competitively if I want. Granted they could just make GG easier, but I'm sure a lot of the hardcore crowd would complain about it like they do with BB.

About the "too old for GG" comment, maybe he meant that the people that used to play it are getting tired of it and moving on? Or maybe he's referring to the casual players that played GG1 or moved on to SF4? Either way, getting too old for gaming isn't inconceivable, you know. Some people play as a hobby until they want to have families and such. If that's the case, then a "reset" is not a bad idea.

How could Daisuke say such a thing?! You can't get too old for playing games any more than you can get too old for reading books or watching movies. I can understand how a new series like blazblue would bring in new young people but I just don't like the way he put that.

but oh well.....he did cool music for Hard Corps Uprising so I'll forgive him...

I thought they did finish the story in AC+? What with Eddie and Slayer essentially being killed off, among other things.

Back