Top 10 Sophitia Moves

schabit

[09] Warrior
So what's your top 10 moves with Sophie?

Here's mine:

1. BB - Should be the base of everyone's game.
2. AA - Fast nice, tracking safe poke.
3. 4B+K - Wow this move is amazing. Mid, goes under highs, ROs, crushes Soul Gauge, and safe.
4. 11A[A] - I long ago dubbed this move the "Matrix."
5. 1K - Nice quick low.
6. AK - Not that effective once your opponent learns to duck after the first A, but great to throw out everyonce in a while.
7. 236:B_B - Best punisher in the game, imo.
8. 66B+G/B+G/A+G - Throws are too good.
9. KK - I love to mix up just doing one K and finishing with the other K.
10. 3A+B - Nice easy juggle filler, hits grounded.

Damn Sophie has so many good moves. This probably should be a top 15 list. :D

4b+k is amazing, true. it doesn't seem to have tracking, but there are times when it does, and i'm confused as hell.

i think it has something to do with when the opponent tries to step, but that's just a bad guess.

Well, it's been my experience, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it is harder to step any move, not just 4B+K, when you are at negative frames. Which makes sense. So it probably depends on the prior action. If whatever you did or they did left them at negative frames and then they tried to step 4B+K, then you most likely would hit them out of the step.

Ok I suck with her but here is my top 10 in no particular order

4B+K - awesome tool
B,B - basics
A,A - essential
236236B - YOU WHIFFED!
22A (right side) - great for closing distance (other side is more of a step killer and positioning move)
22K - Still awesome
236B - YOUR UNSAFE!
8wr B+K - great for wakeup and busting up gauges
6A,B - Fuck your forced crouch move
44K/2B,B - STOP ATTACKING AT DISADVANTAGE!

B,B
2A
AA
4B+K
22A Right Side
236B
66A

There is no order, and it gets tough when you only have 10 to work with. 66B, 4B, AK, and 4AB all deserved to be on the list also.

Yes it seems weird to me that I no longer would put 4B in her top 10. That move used to be the greatest. *sigh*

4B+K - Good move is good
BB - Staple
AA - Safe and tracks nuff said
Throws - Staple
236236AA - Personally i love this
6B - A good punish move, pushs opponent back a small bit on block if i remember right
236236B_B - Again good move is good, unreal for punishing
1K - Nothing like quick lows
44K - Shame on you with your attacking when you have a disadvantage
11A(A) - Tricks be fun

Top 3:

44B
4B
BB

7-10 (no order)

WS K (underrated by many players)
B+K
236/236236B
11A
22A
66A

Why is everyone listing 1K as a top 10 move? I really dont get it. The move is 20+ frames... doesnt stop step anymore... and doesnt give advantage... so everyone likes the slow low thats only redeeming quality is CH?

I think it may be the animation but for some reason it hits often.

It looks faster than it is I guess.

Why is everyone listing 1K as a top 10 move? I really dont get it. The move is 20+ frames... doesnt stop step anymore... and doesnt give advantage... so everyone likes the slow low thats only redeeming quality is CH?

Because despite the fact that it's negative on hit, Sophie can still force a mixup (unlike most chars) after it hits with 2A, 11A and B+K, to name a few moves.

Because despite the fact that it's negative on hit, Sophie can still force a mixup (unlike most chars) after it hits with 2A, 11A and B+K, to name a few moves.
A+B can also be very good after 1K.

I like 1K because the animation is reasonably deceptive, people are usually more concerned about not eating Sophie's strong mids than taking the small damage 1K does (though it can add up), and like Bean said, you can turn it into a mixup afterwards. I don't use it very much for CH fishing, because it's not super fast.

I wouldn't list 1K as a top ten move myself, but on a forward step you can throw it and hit low from deceptively far away. Plus it catches sidesteps to her right(at range anyway). I think Sophi is lacking in good lows as is and you need something to play mix up with when you're too far for grabs.

In no order:
AA
BB
A+B
AK
236236B
WS K (shut up, I like this move)
11A
66B
B+K (in front and behind)
44B and it's 8WR variants

Basic Stuff(AA, BB, 2K, 2A, Throws)