[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question, is there really an honour system we must follow? If I'm allowed to use everything at my disposal then that makes this version of online more fun.

Well it depends on the connection. Just keep in mind what will not work offline :P... SC5 online is much better than SC4 online though.

@C_3

GGs tonight. I'll try to post something constructive while it's still fresh in my mind. Even though online play has gotten SO much better in SC5 than SC4, there's still some lag. Maybe there were somethings that you couldn't pull of because of the lag. I'm not sure. However, there are somethings you could definitely work on.

Note: I'm by no means good with Seig or Zwei. I'm just going with what I know, and I'll try to give you some general tips about the game play that newer players may not see.

Seig: 6B - IMO it's very situational. You cannot just throw that out there because it's slow and very, very easy to step. WS AAs are good, but again it's pretty easy to block the lows, and very punishable. I see some people wake up with WS AA with some success. I think you could definitely throw out more 3Bs. I think it's safe on block due to your knees from the stance. No one will try to interrupt you after 3B if you stuff them with the knees a few times. From there, you have more options.

Zwei: That skill where he swipes mid than high is very telegraphed, so I would use it sparingly. That was the only thing that I could comment on...haha.

In general: Whiffing an attack is very bad in SC, so you cannot just throw attacks out there and hope that your opponent will run into them. Even the best players whiff, but try to keep them to a minimum. I usually go into training mode and check the MAX range of every skill that I have. During a match, I try to hit my opponent with the tip of my weapon. Also, you maybe notice that some attacks are not safe at close range, but at max range you're opponent may not have a skill that can push you.

Freezing in fight: Everyone freezes and waits for his opponent to attack. I always tell myself to use my quickest mid (3A in my case) when I'm in that situation. In general, I think it's better to have your opponent react to you than you react to your opponent.

Block stuns and Force crouch attacks: Frame data really helps here. So learn which attacks gives you advantage and mix up your follow ups. Sometimes you'll see people do an attack that forces crouch on block, and then they back off or side step to fish for a retaliation in the form of WS A,B, or K. So remember that and try to incorporate it into your game. I was trying to show you that when I kept doing 66BB then side stepping.

I think that's all for now. Let me know what you think. Please point out my weaknesses too.

@C_3

GGs tonight. I'll try to post something constructive while it's still fresh in my mind. Even though online play has gotten SO much better in SC5 than SC4, there's still some lag. Maybe there were somethings that you couldn't pull of because of the lag. I'm not sure. However, there are somethings you could definitely work on.

Note: I'm by no means good with Seig or Zwei. I'm just going with what I know, and I'll try to give you some general tips about the game play that newer players may not see.

Seig: 6B - IMO it's very situational. You cannot just throw that out there because it's slow and very, very easy to step. WS AAs are good, but again it's pretty easy to block the lows, and very punishable. I see some people wake up with WS AA with some success. I think you could definitely throw out more 3Bs. I think it's safe on block due to your knees from the stance. No one will try to interrupt you after 3B if you stuff them with the knees a few times. From there, you have more options.

Zwei: That skill where he swipes mid than high is very telegraphed, so I would use it sparingly. That was the only thing that I could comment on...haha.

In general: Whiffing an attack is very bad in SC, so you cannot just throw attacks out there and hope that your opponent will run into them. Even the best players whiff, but try to keep them to a minimum. I usually go into training mode and check the MAX range of every skill that I have. During a match, I try to hit my opponent with the tip of my weapon. Also, you maybe notice that some attacks are not safe at close range, but at max range you're opponent may not have a skill that can push you.

Freezing in fight: Everyone freezes and waits for his opponent to attack. I always tell myself to use my quickest mid (3A in my case) when I'm in that situation. In general, I think it's better to have your opponent react to you than you react to your opponent.

Block stuns and Force crouch attacks: Frame data really helps here. So learn which attacks gives you advantage and mix up your follow ups. Sometimes you'll see people do an attack that forces crouch on block, and then they back off or side step to fish for a retaliation in the form of WS A,B, or K. So remember that and try to incorporate it into your game. I was trying to show you that when I kept doing 66BB then side stepping.

I think that's all for now. Let me know what you think. Please point out my weaknesses too.

Thank you for the feedback. I tried to use 6B when I was anticipating an approach or a move that was coming within that range, but I will sub 6B with something else. Today is my first day really practicing with Sieg, so I don't have his max spacing and such down yet, but I am well aware of the importance of frames and spacing, not just in SC, but in general. I would love to throw out more 3B's, but it's a bit slow lol A lot of the time I would try to move in to range, but I would either stop too suddenly or have certain movements dropped in the lag, so I need to learn to adjust that.

The issue with ZWEI's 66 BA (the one you're talking about) is that if I don't do the high, i'm -12 I believe, and if I do....W.R. punish. Sadly, it's one of his better moves and it high crushes, so I will have to figure something out. His lack of range is frustrating. I whiff punish ppl all the time with A+B, but if I were sieg at that moment, I could much more.... hence, i'm learning him.

I will try to be more mobile in those tight situations. Thank you for mentioning that.

I found you threw out punishable strings without confirming the hit A LOT, and if 1.) ZWEI had more range or 2.) I knew Sieg's frame data better, you would have eaten a lot more damage than you did. Watch out for that. As a Xiba player myself, I knew 66BB, step is a great option, but I called you on it 5 or 6 times and punished you..... so i'm not sure why you kept doing it lol Also, as successful as those out of the blue supers were, I definitely wouldn't suggest you throw them out like that. I'm suseptable to out of the blue decisions, so i'm not a good example as to why that would be a good idea. I had fun and hope to do it again soon.

This guide is intense. Talks about everything.

The following people have guides:
Amaury
Charles
Wallace
Azure

Sorry for the late people but couldn't find anymore in Buffalo.
I will be in A&C World from 12p-6p tomorrow.
If you want to pick up your guide. It's $30.

If people are free tomorrow, we can have an SC Gathering in A&C World as well.
I won't be able to play since i'll be doing something but people should come if they are free.

NeoRussell

This post is for Stryder.

Xiba is not safe at all. His most spammable strings have holes in them. You just have to watch for them and punish.

3BK (the K is high) - you can duck and punish or just 236B
3AB (the B is high) - same punish as above

However both strings can be cancelled into his stance. Therefore, Xiba has to start cancelling into his stance if his opponent starts ducking all his highs.

6AK (the K is steppable) - probably free AA/BB/236B
6BK (the K is NOT steppable) - however Xiba has no advantage. I noticed that you were throwing me a lot after blocking this, so I just threw out 3AB to fish for counter hit.

66_33BBB pressure - I noticed that Pat's 66B comes from the right (he's right handed) so I step to his left and pressure with 33BB. You can free punish if you block the last B.

This post is for me.

My life is so boring I am BEGGING this community to challenge me in SC and kick my ass. I know it won't happen but might as well try. Feel the fury, punks.

Russell: Thanks for getting me the guide. I'll be at work all day today, my work is near Queens Quay West and Spadina. So since you'll be in the area, and if it's not out of your way of course, it would be great if you could stop by near my work with the guide. If not then I'll just get it from you this Wednesday at A&C.

What happened to ShadowZone? I wonder if he's still playing Tira? Haven't seen Haeven around since before SCV either.

Russell: Thanks for getting me the guide. I'll be at work all day today, my work is near Queens Quay West and Spadina. So since you'll be in the area, and if it's not out of your way of course, it would be great if you could stop by near my work with the guide. If not then I'll just get it from you this Wednesday at A&C.

Sorry Amaury but I have to stay in that area. Either you pick it up today or Wednesday.

Harry: Might want to ask around before you go. I'm not going there to play SCV. Sunny is going from what I know.

NeoRussell

I've been using Russell's technique of JG'ing and I gotta say it's beginning to work out for me.

For that part, NeoRussell deserves to be called awesome.

how is it russells method exactly? It was clearly explained before he made a big deal of it how its done....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back