[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure if you mash, then you either get hit, or you block, but not a Just Guard.
Thank you.
Ok. Last question.
Did you do it in Training mode's record function? Because you can't JG anything at first 1 to 2 seconds after you pressed "Select+X". lol. It think it is a bug.

Usually when I practice Just Guarding, I have the computer set to "Main Moves". At this point, the computer goes through the 6 or so main moves of the character, which I can switch between by pressing "Select+O". I've only practiced Just Guard once with the record function, and I delayed my actions while recording because I didn't know how to properly use it at first xD.

There really is no point to just guarding something like an AA or BB. So just record a string like Pyrrha's 66B BE and practice just guarding the second hit. Hates started compiling a list of essential just guards here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/essential-just-guards.12065/ if it ever gets finished it'll be really helpful.

Wallace - in terms of mashing, gG (like a slide input into itself; double tap) works when you want block/JG something if you don't know what is coming out next. For example, after a blocked AA I do gG so that if the enemy goes for a AA or BB it'll be JG'ed, and if it is something slower, it'll just be blocked. The trick is to press and release G quickly, wait 6 frames, then hold G. That way you'll get a window for JG and a window for regular guard. Not sure if that answers your question.

Tin_Man - record 3 moves you want to learn how to just guard (recording 1, 2, and 3), then in your 2p settings set your actions as follows. Action 1: Play Recording (random), Action 2: All Guard. That way you can practice how to punish that move after a successful JG. If you're having trouble let me know and I can show you next time at A&C.

I just realized that this is probably completely redundant info for both of you because I've seen Wallace JG commonly, and Tinaye has been playing SC since before I came here, but regardless, if I help out in any way let me know. lol.

/walloftext

---

I'll be at A&C tmr at around 7pm.

Sorry, guys. All my JG method I posted is wrong because I used Record method to test JG which is not reliable. Basically, I have tested it 1.o patch. I think the JG from 1.0 patch to latest patch is the same. They haven't changed its' property.
I got the wrong idea by a wrong testing method that causes an misundertanding of JG mechanic.
-_-

There really is no point to just guarding something like an AA or BB.
I don't understand this. Being up an extra 5 frames on block is always good. Do you mean it's not worth the risk?

Ultimately, anything you can JG is good.

Anyway, anyone go to A&C tomorrow?
I'll be there.

Edit: ...and, in a surprising turn of events, Nightmare wins the world championships!

Who didn't see that coming? Though I have to say I expected KEEV vs. Omega to be the mirror. Was surprised by the counter pick, but smart meta choice by Omega to be prepared for that.

I'll be in A&C World today at 5p-10p.
I may not be able to play SCV though cause of other priorities on stream today.

NeoRussell

b4k4, to be honest, OmegaDR's nightmare was scrubby @ previous world tourney. However, this time, he is freaking solid from the vids I see. He improved so much. Probably his Nightmare is as good as Keev's one.

Come on guys. You need to play with me. There are thousand Nightmare in NA and US. Even I'm not the good one, you need to get a good experience against to Nightmare.
Come to A&C. advertising.... =)

Tis another good day. Stryder I think I figure out ZWEI's weak side. If I step clock-wise, I think the wolf follow-up will whiff; even when you pin me to the ground, I tech roll clockwise and I dodge two ground attack follow-ups.

Also I gain a new online buddy.

So now I'm pretty much got Raph down and I'm close-enough to learning the ropes with Mitsurugi. Planning on learning Algol in the later chapter.

Who is planning to go to MLG in Anaheim Cali (June 8-10)?

Expect to spend close to $600 for the whole thing if you are.

Right now plane tickets are $392, leave Friday, return Sunday night, from Buffalo Airport.

Megabus tickets are $10 round trip right now from Toronto to Buffalo Airport.

This is my current schedule that I plan on purchasing:
---
To Anaheim (Friday):

Megabus:

Departs 11:00 AM Toronto, Toronto Coach Terminal.
Arrives 2:05 PM Buffalo Airport, Buffalo Niagara International Airport

United Airlines:

Departs BUF 4:30p
Arrives LAX 8:57p
7h 27m, 1 stop (ORD)

---
Return to Toronto (Sunday):

United Airlines:

Departs LAX 11:33p
Arrives BUF 11:34a
9h 01m 1 stop (ORD)

Megabus:

Departs Monday 2:55 PM Buffalo Airport, Buffalo Niagara International Airport
Arrives 5:45 PM Toronto, Toronto Coach Terminal.

tl;dr: Leave Toronto @ 11:00am Friday, arrive in L.A. @ 8:57pm the same day.
Leave L.A. @ 11:33pm Sunday, arrive in Toronto @ 5:45pm Monday.

From the L.A. airport I read that a shuttle bus is around $20 per person to the convention center.

For the hotel, the cheapest hotel I've found is the Anaheim Jolly Roger Hotel, which is $79 per night and is a 5 minute walk from the convention center, $210 after tax for two nights (Fri night, Sat night).

I'd like to split the hotel with people, as the room will have 2 queen size beds.

If I split the room with one other person, it's $105 each, 2 other people is $70 each, 3 is $52.

So here's a rundown of the expenses:

Megabus: $10
Flight: $392
Shuttle Bus (round trip): $~40
Hotel: $50-100
MLG Registration: $50

Total $550-600 (taking food expenses into account)

Let me know if you're interested, if I don't have anyone to split the room with then I probably won't go. This trip is expensive enough as it is..

GGs at A&C. Gotta work on those block and whiff punishes, or else I'll be free-er than I am right now lol...

@Partisan - I'm down for Saturday.

This prevents people from mashing the guard button in the hopes of just guarding.
I believe you can actually mash to Just Guard, but I think it needs to be at a certain pace rather than just mashing G as fast as possible. You can test this yourself by going into training mode against Dampierre, and recording Dampierre doing B+K, which is an UB attack that randomly comes out at different speeds. I didn't test it too much, but when I did I had pretty consistent results JG'ing it by mashing.

Is it just me or does anyone ever question the active level of community here? Im thinking about why the states has a bigger scene than us. Why France does? Why are our turnouts for tournaments not more than 20 people. Is this why other SC communities dont take us seriously? What attracts people to this game? What attracts people more so to other games?

How can we improve the scene here? What do these successful scenes have that we dont? Where can we learn from? I see many great things about the Toronto scene but I would want to put us on the map. Is it really just saying "Lets get good at this game to put ourselves on the map?". That is certainly part of it but I feel like there is more to it.

THoughts?

Stryder I'll think about it...

As of now I'm pulling out a Vints actually make it a quarter off Vints.

You guys may remember the time when I express my anger against Hever as well as those who support him, in the General Roster Speculation Thread. Well time has finally come, I can use this to my advantage for troll baiting Hever and his supporters in the For those who complain about SC5 thread.

Now some of you may go "Come on man... it's long time ago give it a rest..." NO! I've waited long for this, I play the game of time and this time with time supporting me, I spill my reign of terror on these ppl including Hever.

Now you ppl may think low of me but I'll tell you this "For being insulted by a douche-bag, I guess I have every right to be one."

He started the war; it's time to ignite the flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back