[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys gotta have a gathering again soon! I want to play. :x

Anyway, I heard about these tourney organizers here who have stuff planned for SSB and SF4 right now, but they're just starting out and they're looking for input. I know they're main tourney is in Vaughn, but it's not THAT far and that's just the first they announced. Anyone feel like asking them to run some other games and see what the reaction would be? I don't even know where they're advertising their SSB or SF4 tourneys since I haven't seen anything on SRK and I'm not going to bother with SB.

Just a thought.

You guys gotta have a gathering again soon! I want to play. :x

Anyway, I heard about these tourney organizers here who have stuff planned for SSB and SF4 right now, but they're just starting out and they're looking for input. I know they're main tourney is in Vaughn, but it's not THAT far and that's just the first they announced. Anyone feel like asking them to run some other games and see what the reaction would be? I don't even know where they're advertising their SSB or SF4 tourneys since I haven't seen anything on SRK and I'm not going to bother with SB.

Just a thought.

I checked out the site, and found this thread (Said thread), not sure if you were referring to this when you said "Anyone feel like asking them to run some other games and see what the reaction would be?" but regardless they have this thread open to game suggestions.

On another note I should definately enter their "new logo contest" :)

Someone should.

Now that I think on it: I'm not sure what they're running there. They have raffles and I don't see a pot anywhere. I think they're handing out prizes for placing (games or something). I don't know, whatever. We'll see how long they last.

Does anyone wanna play this week?

Post up when you guys are free and I'll see what I can do. I can host gatherings whenever for the next 2 months.

Their tournament is on Saturday, Feb. 26. I'm actually free that day so I wouldn't mind going if SC4 was running.

If I post in their suggestion thread that there's interest for SC would you guys also post up? The only problem is travel, I don't know how you would TTC to Vaughn or use public transit.

I'm not sure you can.

But! If they had Tekken 6 as well then I'm sure rides could be arranged. I'd be interested in SC4, of course, and would add my voice.

I'm from Vaughan. There's the YRT transit, you'd have to pay an extra fare after you take the TTC. I can't remember what the fare is, but it's pretty high compared to the TTC one.

Edit: Their venue is D&B so you can access that using one of the Viva buses (same fare as YRT.) I can't remember which one though, but it's pretty easy to access them.

I might be able to make it down for the 26th if they host an SC tourney.

As for a gathering I should be free in February during reading week which is apparently the 13th-21st (including the weekends on each end). I might even be able to stay for a few days if someone is willing to accomodate my presence :D

Sweet, that's right by the AMC I always go to. :D
I'd definitely go if they get SC going there. And THIS time I could actually book the day off of work, so I could finally stay for the whole thing, lol.

Thanks for the info, John. I'll post in their suggestion thread when I get home. I expect you all to post after me to show support, okay? =D

. . . so, after I posted in that thread I finally noticed that it's on the 6th not 26th. I think I'm gonna be away that whole weekend, GODDAMMIT. D:
*sigh* well, I'll see if I can push my plans back a day, or if I'm leaving late or something. I don't want to have to 'game & dash' again, I but I'll still do my best to make it, regardless.

K Amaury told me on Javachat that he's free on Friday. The time the gathering starts is yet to be known. Just post up if you're planning on showing up on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back