[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked anime north event list. SC4 is on Sat 12pm to 2pm. Considering they normally have 10k + people attending the event, there should be quite a few people there at the gathering. I think I might just skip work to attend this, its a good chance to grab new players.

You can buy tickets at the door, its $40 dollars for Sat, $55 for the entire weekend.

Yeah. As much as I happen to like half a dozen animes, there's no way I'm paying half a bill to hang around with a convention centre full of weeaboos.

Although if I'm in the area I'll drop by just to check out the cosplay, because I've done that before and it's always good for a giggle.

Just got back from Anime North, it was really fun. I came a bit late thanks the 1 hour line up at the door, by the time I got there SC4 already started. I thought it was just gonna be some free play at a tiny corner, but no, they had a entire presentation room just for fighting games. SSF4, T6, BB, GG, even TvC and KoF were there. SC4 was the first thing by the door, there was a huge crowd at the TV. There were also some great SC cosplayers, I saw Amy, Talim, Raph, Sieg, Mina, Yun and Tira, only Yun (topless) was cosplayed by a guy, the rest were all girls. I truly regret not able to get a camera in time for the event, some of the Talim cosplay were really really good, the rest are pretty amazing too.

Anyways, there was a huge turnout. At one point there was about 40-50 people, plus others that come and go. The level of competition isn't as high as our circle for sure, and there was some problems with the controls (they had 1 xbox and 1 ps3), the xbox controller suck big ones, but in order to get the event moving they had to use both machines. Still, it was really fun to see all sorts of new players doing there best. Shouts and boos are all over the place. Plus it was great to see all the cute cosplayers playing their own character at the tourney and giving their best. Both Tin man and Alvin were there, if you are reading this, good games guys. To me its very refreshing to see there are many guys and girls that still like to play SC. I got a prize at the end so its a extra bonus. The event would go even better if our community got involved, since the tourney was solely organized by the Anime North staff, detailed stuff like controllers and whatnot gets left out. I saw some T6 and SSF4 regulars that were at the TFN tourney last month there helping to organizing their own event, so their community is certainly more active than ours.

The game room won't close till 2 a.m and open since 9 a.m. Plus there are other stuff like D&D tabletop game, GO, different type of card games (ie magic the gathering), arcade dance games, manga library, all sorts of anime panels,shows, and one big J-pop Rave party. I wanted to stay past midnight for the dance party but my shitty job force me to work on Sunday. Next year I'll be better prepared for sure.

As I said, or at least thought I said, anime conventions almost always have fighting game tourneys, or at least places set up to play them, and Soul Calibur and King of Fighters are both pretty popular with that type of crowd. You'd think that at least one of us would be into anime enough to be on top of this, but noooooooooo.

I'd be all for Anime North. But its a higher end function. And we have no idea about thses events and I guess they assume to just go by who they get. Plus, if you like Anime enough to pay $45, you'll probably want to do other things as well.

I'm pretty sure those were some of my old friends cosplaying Soul Cal.

Imagine the whole SC gang were to attend the anime convention and dress up based on our mains.

Let's see...

I dress up as 2P Cervantes (bad ass!); Amaury as Vader (also bad ass minus the force); Silentwall as Nightmare (Damn cool!); Emlarr as Xianghua in her watermelon costume (Cute!); Vincent in Hwang's costume (Pimp'n); Page as Mina (Oh gawd!); Partisan in Cassie's outfit (ack! XP); D.I.N.O as Voldo (o_o); Eli123s in Ivy's 1P costume (WTF!); and Harry as Amy (luls)

Soooooooo, Lets start planning some games guys.

Who like Thursday evenings?!?!

Who like FRIDAY evenings?!?!

Who likes SATURDAY AFTERNOONS or EVENINGS?!?!

Who likes SUNDAY AFTERNOONS?!?

Lets pick a day when the Majority of us can be there and we have at least THREE systems. Lets set this up. I need TWENTY PEOPLE!!!

Starting Posting....

TENTATIVE DATE SATURDAY JUNE 4TH!!

I'll likely go for Saturday, but I'm still thinking whether in the afternoon or evening.

BTW don't you mean Saturday June 5th.

Can't do Thursdays. Fridays and Saturdays are fine if I can plan ahead. Sundays are open.

i still play online. i will be available to play offline soon. Its summer and im done school. Although at the moment i am very sick.

I look forward to joining these sessions when I come back to Toronto guys! Sounds like some more of us should have been at AN to promote the scene though!

Okay.

DINOZ GATHERING AT DINOZ HOUSE!!

SUNDAY JUNE 6TH!!!!

I have Work Saturday and will DEF be out after that. Sunday should be better.

12PM-10PM!!!!

PLEASE POST OR PM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME!! ALSO PLEASE POST IF YOU CAN BRING A PS3!!!

I will have THREE TVs ready. We will also discuss Plans for the Future IN WRITING!! I'm taking initiative and will try to teach some of you how to bring more people to the (Growing) Fighting Game Scene. DUN KNO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back