[Toronto] The Race to 10,000 Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in...
OHHHH CANADDAAAA...
1456055_700208706670885_612067509_n.jpg

Are people free this Sunday Dec15th?

Damn Reno in town, Is anyone free Sat/Sun Dec 21/22?

Wallace JR Russell Barry Reno-Sama Chris Franz

Oof Eli Chaos Partisan Page Fran Rept

Potential for a multi-sc chilling outing this weekend or next weekend?

I wanna be like Reptile above after this gathering

Not good for me for both the 15th and 21st.

On the 15th, I'm busy with things and on the 21st I'm already on my 1-week cruise around the Bahamas.

Last edited:
Alright so there's been a lot of bitching about our scene due to the lack of participation. From what I've seen, we've been repeating the same mistakes over again so I like to propose something different.

I believe that instead of relying on the same ppl, we look for new recruits. I made this banner to promote our scene in hopes of achieving that; however, I can't do this alone so I need your help. You need to post this banner to other public domains such as Facebook, Twitter etc. as well as public areas such as your school (if they allow you to), your workplace, the streets, maybe even ppl's mailboxes. Let your friends and relatives know about this and pass it on to others that might be interested.

HELP SPREAD THE WORD with the aid of this banner of course.

Attached is the banner. Plz feel free to offer your critiques.
Soul Calibur Toronto Banner.jpg

Last edited:
*Awaits a certain hater to come trying to knock what franman just did*
I rather be more interested in awaiting for a certain hater (actually the more haters the merrier) to knock the other players in a game of Soul Calibur. Then the victims become haters and the cycle continues.

Ah yes the beauty of hate.

I rather be more interested in awaiting for a certain hater (actually the more haters the merrier) to knock the other players in a game of Soul Calibur.
MY ONLY COMPETITION IN ONTARIO IS PARTISAN BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE IS A LEGITIMATE TOP PLAYER. THAT’S JUST HOW IT IS. THIS COMMUNITY HAS HAD OVER A DECADE TO PROVE ITSELF. AFTER SOWNEMESIS, THERE HAS ONLY BEEN ME AND PARTISAN. END OF STORY.

IF YOU WANT TO GET TOGETHER AND FIGHT, GO AHEAD. I’M NOT STOPPING YOU. BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, REAL COMPETITORS WOULD HAVE ALREADY SOUGHT COMPETITION FOR THEMSELVES. REAL COMPETITORS AREN’T MADE BECAUSE SOMEBODY ADVERTISED A COMMUNITY TO THEM. COMPETITIVE PEOPLE SEEK COMPETITION WITHOUT BEING ASKED AND THEY GO GET IT. AND EVEN IF ADVERTISEMENTS DID EVER CATCH SOMEONE’S ATTENTION WHERE THEY WENT ON TO BE A GREAT PLAYER, THAT IS PURELY COINCIDENCE SINCE THEY ALREADY HAD THE DRIVE TO BEGIN WITH. ADVERTISING ONLY INVITES FAKE HYPE AND FILTHY CASUALS.

THE MAJORITY OF THE HARDCORE COMMUNITY THAT REMAINS EVEN AFTER YEARS OF COMPETING, THEY USUALLY JUST WANT TO MEET UP ON OCCASION BECAUSE A GOOD FIGHT IS LIKE A QUICK FIX OF THERAPY AFTER ALL THE HARD WORK PUT INTO LEARNING THE GAME. LONG STORY SHORT, I'M BETTER THAN EVERYONE AND YOU'RE ALL TRASH. FIGHT ME IF YOU DISAGREE.

MoneyMuffins, since this post claims all Ontario players are trash, so I treat this is talking to me too, so I have stopped to ignore your non-sense preaching posts because of this one.
I accept your challenge (Most of time, the lower level players will ask for a challenge to the higher level players. I never know all Ontario players' level that high. Thanks.)

There is no hate from me. Just challenge, clean and simple. If I lost, you can do whatever insult you want except involved my family or posting something hidden message photo that shows a guy eating a baby sandwich to offense people's baby from mind or hi-jack the Toronto Thread. You can post a grave marker~2013end to threat me as same as you do on OOFMATIC. I can take any insult and I will not agree I'm a loser even I got beaten. I will not knee on you, Pope, I will find a way to beat you. However, I will not avoid that the winner is a better one on that day even it is a 100:0 result. I will respect my opponent even I beat him since he help me to level up. Of course, if someone didn't respect people, don't expect he will get respect no matter his skill is good or not. Simple!

At last, I suggest that you don't use Partisan's or OOFMATIC's name to preach your MoneyMuffinism. (I can't believe you use it during NEC. What a genius. I thought you hate OOF. Isn't it?)

Shit..... I can't believe I'm preaching to kids.

Put it this way, there are things I disagree as well as things I've felt that I disagree with uncertainty against Vints' claim.

However, Vints maybe right and there are other variables he knows better that I don't, but sometimes in losing grounds we call for desperate measures.

That is why I'm not against OOF's claim initially for allowing DJ in his tournies as much I feel the same way for Jaxel banning Hilde and other characters back in SC4. The only time I would not support is when the tourney organizer was corrupt like the one in Colardo's SuperCon tourney or claims that are proven to make matters worse and so far that has happened to OOF's case on day 1, but with a good chance of bailing out; he could still allow DJ in tournies and improve on certain flaws so eventually more players can come in.

Last edited:
Wallace, I'm mainly pointing to Vints' middle paragraph.

Now with regards to his quote you pointed out. For me, I'll let Vints take the cake. I'm assuming that he's trying to wake up the Toronto scene; he's trying to lit the fire in our eyes making us go at him and it seems like its working on you. This is a good thing because now I want to see how far the hate goes.

I'm not interested in challenging Vints at the moment I got more important things to accomplish and it's taking up my time and concentration. I need to fully concentrate on becoming a better SC player before issuing a challenge, but that ain't happening in a long time.

So why am I here? Just in case sum1 asks this question the answer is that so I won't forget this community when I finished all my priorities.

Franman, You were so eager on Post#11528 and now you are cooling down on Post#11535. Which position are you standing? If you want to wake up the Toronto scene, then take serious on this Vints' action which is destroying your advertising plan.
I have been ignoring all Vints' post. But somethings in life you can't ignore.
Even I got lured, is that the reason to ignore people keep calling you "Trash" based on nothing?

If people didn't respect you, you don't have to respect them. You sounds like you are ok with what he claims. Disappointed.

Wallace, I stand for improving this community at the same time accepting the harsh reality our scene has to face. We are not improving much as a community; every time a new SC game comes out there was hype but then after EVO, things died down; this is the cycle that repeats itself. I want to help improve the community on whatever way I can as I still hold onto my remaining optimism with whatever time I can afford due to my situation by making the scene active again. Also I'm not sure what you mean by eager or cooling down? Eager as in what? Cooling down as in what?

What do you mean "take serious on Vints' action"? If you mean posting in response to his response towards my advertisement what productivity will come out of it? We would just go in circles. There's more productive ways to prove sum1 wrong and that is to prove by action. Posting in response (like I'm doing ironically) is just a waste of time unless you're critiquing. If you want me to go and challenge him, I wish I could, but I can't.

Also I don't think Vints is disrespecting me, although the nature of his post is pessimistic, he's just sharing from his realistic point of view. I also tend to think he's doing what Chu-Fye, and Chaos is doing but in a more daring way.

If you take Vints' post too literally I don't think you will understand him any better or where he's getting at. I don't understand Vints completely but at least I try to comprehend what he's trying to post beyond the literal sense.

Last edited:
Franman, I understand everyone will get different message by reading people's post. If you really think he is trying to help this community and not provoking people by insult, then I'm surprised. Everything can be explained to be a different meaning. I don't understand him too, so I will not interpret what his post really mean (avoid misinterpret). I just read it based on literature.
See history, it will not lie. He rants on everyone. He insulted people when he is out of bullet. Is it the way to helping this community?
Be reality. Obviously, he is looking for other stuff. (I guess that probably he want to be the best player and shut everybody up. He doesn't care this community. This community is just a tool for him. Time changed. There are tons of good online players in SC5. Why does he need to deal with us?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back