Training room record mode on dual-modded joystick?

Aurumvorax

[08] Mercenary
Sorry for the very specific question, but I can't figure out how to activate the record/replay mode in training without pressing select+start. I'm playing SCV on an xbox360, and I'm using a dual-modded joystick with a toddles PCB. There's no built-in xbox home button on my joystick, so the PCB maps select+start home (so when I want to go to Xbox home I have to press start+select). Here's a link to some PCB documentation if I'm not explaining this well: http://www.godlikecontrols.com/imp2.pdf (see the "Basic SSG Setup").

But to activate record/play in the training room, SCV wants me to press select+start. When I try that I get Xbox home instead! I guess I could solder another button on to dedicate to Xbox home, but I feel like I shouldn't need to modify my hardware just to use training room. Anyone have any ideas?

jansauer

[09] Warrior
is there any way to unbind the home button?

my converter does this to me on ps3, so i know what you're going through. never found a way to work around it

Aurumvorax

[08] Mercenary
Thanks, was hoping there was just something silly I missed. Yes, by changing a jumper on my PCB I believe I can unmap the home button, so select+start will work normally. I hadn't considered that before---do I need a home button on an Xbox360? At this point I just use it for fighting games, and I have a pad I can use for navigating the main menus. As long as I can start the game up and log onto Xbox live without a home button (or using the home button on a pad) I'm good.

Anyway, thanks for the idea, when I get home I can obviously try it out myself to see if I really need a home button or not.

jansauer

[09] Warrior
you wont be able to use xbl messaging. so no messages/parties/responses to invites. everything else will work fine