Training room record mode on dual-modded joystick?

Aurumvorax

[08] Mercenary
Sorry for the very specific question, but I can't figure out how to activate the record/replay mode in training without pressing select+start. I'm playing SCV on an xbox360, and I'm using a dual-modded joystick with a toddles PCB. There's no built-in xbox home button on my joystick, so the PCB maps select+start home (so when I want to go to Xbox home I have to press start+select). Here's a link to some PCB documentation if I'm not explaining this well: http://www.godlikecontrols.com/imp2.pdf (see the "Basic SSG Setup").

But to activate record/play in the training room, SCV wants me to press select+start. When I try that I get Xbox home instead! I guess I could solder another button on to dedicate to Xbox home, but I feel like I shouldn't need to modify my hardware just to use training room. Anyone have any ideas?

is there any way to unbind the home button?

my converter does this to me on ps3, so i know what you're going through. never found a way to work around it

Thanks, was hoping there was just something silly I missed. Yes, by changing a jumper on my PCB I believe I can unmap the home button, so select+start will work normally. I hadn't considered that before---do I need a home button on an Xbox360? At this point I just use it for fighting games, and I have a pad I can use for navigating the main menus. As long as I can start the game up and log onto Xbox live without a home button (or using the home button on a pad) I'm good.

Anyway, thanks for the idea, when I get home I can obviously try it out myself to see if I really need a home button or not.

you wont be able to use xbl messaging. so no messages/parties/responses to invites. everything else will work fine

Back