Trying to Redeem the SCV Newcomers

Are your vocabulary skills (or better yet, debating skills) really needed at this point?

This thread is about developing the new SCV characters in a constructive manner. Obviously, their few years worth of star power isn't going to be as positive as those who pack even two decades worth, but since the "damage" is already done, what can be done to fix it, without needing to chicken out and remove them altogether, because all of them have great potential to be much better characters with the help of storyline and movesets.

The Artbook gave a great foundation for all of the characters, and I hope that Project Soul uses that to their advantage.

well vocabulary has to be on point or grammar Nazis will catch me out, can't have that now can we? Kappa
secondly this isn't even a debate, it's just Nyte crying as usual, and people trying to set him straight, which is obviously going very well.

but I'm glad you think my debating skills to be good since they're actually not.

I'll be honest, as bold as it was, Patroklos was a breath of fresh air for me. nevermind the fact he's top tier in SCV, but his personality as a whole got me interested. usually Taki, Talim, Sophie and Sieg have been the main characters or the main pull of the franchise: Taki because it's her duty, Talim because of the wind, Sophie for the sake of her family and Sieg for repentance.
Pat is after revenge. Just to go over a few details that so called "soul calibur" fans seem to conveniantly gloss over is the fact that Pat was in Nightmare's service and of course was manipulated into believing that the malfested murdered his mother and had kidnapped his sister...as such he blindly killed anyone he thought to be malfested.

Now after being hit by the hard truth that everyone he killed were in fact innocent humans and upon learning that essentially his sins were staring right back at him in the form of his Malfested sister would drive anyone nuts...throughout the rest of the story, even tho its short, Pat does what he can to redeem himself...only to be manipulated by Soul Calibur. eventually he gets things right, even going as far as to sacrifice himself to ensure his sisters safety and even accepting that even tho Pyrrha is malfested, she's still his flesh and blood...THAT is why Pat interests people like myself, aside from him being an asshole, which I can only commend Namco for being bold enough to try something like that. but as I say people tend to leave out the finer things when it suits them

Last edited:
well vocabulary has to be on point or grammar Nazis will catch me out, can't have that now can we? Kappa
secondly this isn't even a debate, it's just Nyte crying as usual, and people trying to set him straight, which is obviously going very well.

but I'm glad you think my debating skills to be good since they're actually not.

I'll be honest, as bold as it was, Patroklos was a breath of fresh air for me. nevermind the fact he's top tier in SCV, but his personality as a whole got me interested. usually Taki, Talim, Sophie and Sieg have been the main characters or the main pull of the franchise: Taki because it's her duty, Talim because of the wind, Sophie for the sake of her family and Sieg for repentance.
Pat is after revenge. Just to go over a few details that so called "soul calibur" fans seem to conveniantly gloss over is the fact that Pat was in Nightmare's service and of course was manipulated into believing that the malfested murdered his mother and had kidnapped his sister...as such he blindly killed anyone he thought to be malfested.

Now after being hit by the hard truth that everyone he killed were in fact innocent humans and upon learning that essentially his sins were staring right back at him in the form of his Malfested sister would drive anyone nuts...throughout the rest of the story, even tho its short, Pat does what he can to redeem himself...only to be manipulated by Soul Calibur. eventually he gets things right, even going as far as to sacrifice himself to ensure his sisters safety and even accepting that even tho Pyrrha is malfested, she's still his flesh and blood...THAT is why Pat interests people like myself, aside from him being an asshole, which I can only commend Namco for being bold enough to try something like that. but as I say people tend to leave out the finer things when it suits them
I can't wait until SCVI comes out. I think I'm going to have more fun playing it than you.

I do, however, wonder where Patroklos could go from there. It took him one game to find out about both swords while it took 2 or 3 games for others. He has already gained plenty of wisdom that quick into the series.

I do, however, wonder where Patroklos could go from there. It took him one game to find out about both swords while it took 2 or 3 games for others. He has already gained plenty of wisdom that quick into the series.
Getting mommy and auntie outta Astral Chaos.

They could handwave that by saying Pat met Edgemaster (or Algol) or he's spent the in between time with Pyrrha chasing down leads.
I see them lazily doing the former, but that could happen in order for the latter to make sense.

Or

Try to find Cassandra first since her status was never given to Patroklos. Then he discovers his mother's current status as well.

Speaking of Pyrrha, I'm more curious about how she is going to maintain horrible luck still having her mother's condition.

They're redeemable, but they need the same treatment as the "clones" got in SC3. Make them more unique.
There were clones in SCIII?

Speaking of Pyrrha, I'm more curious about how she is going to maintain horrible luck still having her mother's condition.
From Patroklos' updated profile, it seems that Sophitia's death is no longer official. She just disappeared now. If she is alive, she may add a lot to her children.

In SC1 and SC2 characters like Sieg/Nightmare, Kilik/Mina, Sophitia/Lizardman, et cetera were close to identical in move sets. They redesigned them a lot when SC3 happened.

Back