Turtling Sophies

RLWolfen

[08] Mercenary
I have read a good thing or two about turtling with Sophitia. Which moves should I keep in mind when going this route?

Hmmm...

I have been playing Sophie a lot more Defensive lately ever since I have actually played some top level players a few weeks ago. I just wanted to hear from some other Sophie players of what you really think of this? I mean I always hear that defense is the way to go etc. But is it the best choice for her? I mean I think so but I thought it would make for an interesting topic.

Hmmm...

Sophie's the most defensive character in the game. She's trash if you use her aggressively. In SC4 she has nothing to be feared offensively, so people can turtle like a bitch against her and she can only do a weak mixup. In SC3, wsA+B beat turtling, but now it sucks so you have to play a really slow paced game with her. If you're gonna be playing at east point, I'll probably play you sometime, unless u wanna play at my house, any day.

Hmmm...

She's for sure, defensive. You usually have to wait until you can start up any kind of offense.

Hmmm...

you don't have to be completely defensive with sophie.

she has safe(ish) tools that evade verts or dodges highs/lows, so you can be aggressive if you're smart or a good guesser. she also has a good/fast step so 33k or 22a+b is always a threat. and she's pretty safe in general with a lot of moves being less than -8 on block I believe.

Hmmm...

a good defense is necessary for all the characters in the game (of which, very few players actually can); however, soph is much more dependent on this than most of the cast. i think most people noticed this soon after sc4 came out.

Hmmm...

i disagree...aggro sophie has been whats making me place alot higher now-a-days...

Hmmm...

My old Sophie used to be unsafe and risky as hell but after playing experienced people I try to use safe moves to bait the opponent making a mistake then punish. It sucks when we're both spamming safes because I get impatient and my Sophie ends up defeating herself. So yeah, defense to bait the offense.

Hmmm...

i disagree...aggro sophie has been whats making me place alot higher now-a-days...[/color]

i can barely ever read your posts ever since you started going through your purple phase...

if you're beating people with hardcore aggresiveness you're opening yourself up to a lot of possibly punishment once your competition figures out that you can stop the majority of what she has.

...that is, unless they're getting hit on ch all the time, which would be stupid to continue attacking in that position anyway.

Hmmm...

I think I will have to agree with a defensive Sophie. I just don't think she has that much going for her from being aggressive, her mix up game is really weak and that alone can make her very predictable. But thanks everyone for all your input to the matter.

Hmmm...

Sophie's Offensive Game: 6/10 (Below average)
Sophie's Defensive Game: 10/10 (PERFECT)

... to me, at least. Basically, Sophie's main forte would have to be finding openings, doing a little 236B, 236B:B, 236AA, AK,22_88A etc every now and then, rinse, and repeat, with variation of course.

Hmmm...

i can barely ever read your posts ever since you started going through your purple phase...

if you're beating people with hardcore aggresiveness you're opening yourself up to a lot of possibly punishment once your competition figures out that you can stop the majority of what she has.

...that is, unless they're getting hit on ch all the time, which would be stupid to continue attacking in that position anyway.

i'll keep this off color for this 1 post lol

but Aggro sophie CAN do damage when it needs to be brought out! moves like B+K, A+B and 4B+K can keep you attacking if you guess right! remember that sophie is a powerhouse!

u can just highlight what i type and read it easier!

Hmmm...

to me, at least. Basically, Sophie's main forte would have to be finding openings, doing a little 236B, 236B:B, 236AA, AK,22_88A etc every now and then, rinse, and repeat, with variation of course.

That and her poking ability is good because it's quick and safe.

Hmmm...

Uhh... 6/10 would be above average. 5/10 is average, and 4/10 would be below average. Just a bit of basic math nitpicking ;p

Hmmm...

Uhh... 6/10 would be above average. 5/10 is average, and 4/10 would be below average. Just a bit of basic math nitpicking ;p

When you are in college, any score 6 or below (let's say a 10 point quiz) is a below average or failing grade. But I see what you are trying to say.... a range scale, sort of like...

1---------------5---------------10
(low) (average) (high)

Thanks for the feedback! ^^

Back