Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9 Results & Aftermath

mkl

[00] Signia's Cheerleader
Thanks for posting the rankings. I really wanted to find out the rankings of this and I was really pissed when they didn't put SCV on the stream :(.

The other 7th place was a kid who played Maxi. I did not get his name. It was his first tournament and he was very quiet. Nice kid though. Played a mean Maxi. Took a game off LP when they played in their pool.

Thanks for posting the rankings. I really wanted to find out the rankings of this and I was really pissed when they didn't put SCV on the stream :(.

That was actually the SC players' choice; we wanted to finish on Saturday rather than Sunday (stream day) so that we could have more time to hang out.

That was actually the SC players' choice; we wanted to finish on Saturday rather than Sunday (stream day) so that we could have more time to hang out.
Oh I see. Either way, I was really excited to see some matches because watching people play SCV is hard to come by. :|

The other 7th place was a kid who played Maxi. I did not get his name. It was his first tournament and he was very quiet. Nice kid though. Played a mean Maxi. Took a game off LP when they played in their pool.

Yeah I just can't figure out his gamertag.

Shoutouts:

LP for taking the hometown trophy.
Hawkeye for not giving a fuck and trolling with Tira and Hilde.
Thermidor for beating the sense out of me in pools.
ARU for being the funniest dude in the scene, easily.
MysticBill for being the most stone cold unconversational dude I've ever met. Strangely a complement.
Mateo for the fun FT3 and being an enjoyable to dude to talk to.
Xiang for coming out and watching.
TOs for 10am 2/3 pools.
Fenris for fun troll warmup casuals.
Unwieldly for making top 8.
Saltyfist for repping ZWEI.
The people I beat in pools (I forgot your names, sorry).
And Chicago in general for doing their best to make this tournament worth playing even if everything else went wrong for it. Kind-of sad for my last tournament in what will probably be a long time, but I enjoyed it.
I suppose I'll just shout out everyone I forgot in advance. Love ya all.

Yeah I just can't figure out his gamertag.
The Maxi player's handle ended with 53. That's all I remember. Dude gave me such a severe flogging that it straight up depressed me.

TOs for 10am 2/3 pools.
At first I was confused about this since Friday's pools didn't start until 5 PM, but then I saw Saturday's. Yuck. :< And I'm still pissed about 2/3 pools, just on the principle of it. They didn't do the research, and they blew off two players who knew what they were talking about and tried to correct the situation. They straight up did not give a fuck.

Okay, my own shoutouts:

Everyone I met. It was so great to finally meet you all in person. :D
Fenris for sending me to losers in the very first match of the tourney. Woohoo! There's no more hilarious irony than having a plushie made of your endeared custom character as a good luck charm and then getting matched up with this motherfucker right off the bat. Kappa
Ora, for beating my ass with the very skills I constantly put off learning. Your punishment was on point, you played a very safe game. Your win was well earned.
MysticBill, it was good to see you again! Get your ass to Arcade Legacy more often! Bring Ora too, I want to play more games with her. Myself, Sluch, Jesse, and a dude named Ragnarok keep the game alive there.
Hawkeye for giving me the most uncanny flogging I've ever experienced playing this game. Good lord. I really wish I'd recorded that.
Delta and Jansauer for all the casuals, and them and Ringout for showing me the power of 4.
Divekick. Just... Divekick.

Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
LostProvidence
$28.00
2nd
ARU
$20.00
3rd
MateoGalvan
$12.00
4th
FenrisZero
$8.00
5th
Thermidor
$4.00
5th
Unwieldly
$4.00
7th
MysticBill
$2.00
7th
shotputter53
$2.00

Added the top 8 to the ranking system. Feel free to edit this into the OP if you'd like.

Shoutouts to Malice for getting me that last player name.

My guess was shotputter53, and I seem to have guessed right. He's a guy I play on PSN a lot, and I spent a good deal of time playing him to try and prepare him for UFGT. Good to see him in top 8!

Fenris looks like Tiz profile pic
DansGame

Uh, no. I look like my profile pic. Fenris looks like... shit, he actually does look a little like me now that I think about it. But taller, more built, more manly, etc. Kappa

Had a great time, and enjoyed playing with so many good players. Leveled up so much thanks to all of you.

Back