Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

I haven't even played online yet; I'm going through all of the missions just to get a glimpse of all of the characters and then going to start beating arcade on very hard to get a little of my punishment and defense down.

All else fails, use Sent with lvl. 3 x-factor.

Aw man first break through day for sure. Started to understand the combo timings and got a solid team:

X-23 | low assit
Super Skrull | tenderizer
Taskmaster | vertical shot

So much synergy it's ridiculous.

Even as stupid as level 3 x factor is, I hope this game doesn't get a gameplay patch for a long while. It needs to be able to breathe, and counter options need to thoroughly be explored before stupid knee jerk reactions ruin it. Adding stuff that should've already been present like a better training mode, proper button config and basic online features is fine, but I don't see that happening due to the cost of a patch.

Also instead of rubbish like BBCS2 or SSF4AE, you know what's a proven good game? AH3. Also KoF2k2UM, KoF98, SF2 HF/ST, GGAC, MvC2, MBAA, IaMP, BR, JJBA, VF5, BF, WW, MoTW, CvS2, and plenty others.

Loving this game, going C. Viper, Trish, and then Chris or X-23 until I can get my hands on Jill as my third. Kind of liking Shuma Gorath too. Something about eyeballs entices me, but I freaking hate charge characters. I love how Viper's Ex Thunder Knuckle has invincibilty frames now. Trish is freaking sweet. Loving all the traps.

I've had mixed feelings about the online. Had some good matches, but when they get laggy I feel like I'm reduced to LMH mashing because hit confirming is impossible. I also can't fucking stand Sentinal.

Im really enjoying this game. Messing about with a array of characters...
Dr.Doom, Hulk, Sent., Trish, X-23, MIKE FUCKING HAGGAR!, and Akuma

Dr.Doom: Victor Von Doom, quite possibly my favorite Marvel Villain and one of the characters I feel most confident with. One of the best beams in the fucking game. Been using his lvl3 on accident(im too hype) when I really want his AA.
Hulk: My favorite Marvel Hero. And GODDAMN! HULK! YOU'RE BEASTING THIS GAME! O_O! Took a second or 2 to get the new Gamma Charges down, but damn. Hulk kicks ass this game.(Horrible with names though.)
Sent.: The same reason I played him in MvC2(when I did play) exists here. "I Heard he was good", so I play him. Great multi-purpose character. With bastard defense and damage output.
Trish: Traps. With Trish, its traps. All day. Getting a bit better using them, damn annoying. Love the Round Trip move and super, shit is fun.
X-23: Not my best character. May drop her for Jill in the end. but for now, Im giving her a chance. I really like her AA assist.
Mike FUCKING Haggar: I LOVE this guy! Its all about comboing into that air attack grab and the damage shows itself. All his supers are awesome, imo.
Akuma: This. This is Akuma. Fast attack speed. Teleport for assist cross ups, Raging Demon to punish dat ass, and holy fuck the possibilities off of Tatsus! I haven't been this pleased with Akuma since 3S.

lol k. You can get pwn'd by spammy X-23. Do I have to use simple mode? Please don't nerf me.

Doing really well in ranked every loss has been a time out in lag at near equal health. Think I got an edge over most the onliners with my BnB set ups. Need to flesh out my combos though. Haven't adapted assist extensions and x-23's hops in my combos yet. It's also weird' going from X-23 where I'm spamming L for hit confirms and then playing skrull where mashing is BAD with tenderizer coming out, and Task has a terrible L for hit movement. All great characters but VERY different in style.

BTW new tag is:
IFB-PwnStar

Side note. Hsein-ko has a lot of potential. Her walk sucks, but here teleport wave dash is very intersting and she has one of the best air dashes for overhead mixups because it's not height restricted like the other characters. jump>dash>L is VERY hard to react too. Her super armor and normals are also sick. If I could just master her awkward movement she could be really powerful in a team.

I'm with IvyFanboy... Skrull is my favorite non-projectile character. For now I'm teaming him up with Doom and Zero. Trish, Haggar,and Storm are future projects.

This is gonna sound lame but do u guys feel bad about picking all 3 chars from 1 franchise like I do? lol

I'm finding a love for assists that can get me out of being combo'd. I use X-23 as my point and harass with dive kick and here leaping throw, but use Task and Skrull assists to charge in to keep me safe. I can't tell you how many times those taskmaster arrows have not only saved me from a combo, but turned it around into me comboing them. Also Tenderizer assist, followed up by Taskmaster's Swordmaster move, is an unblockable set up. If tenderizer hits you get a single hit after it, but if they block tenderizer you get to go HMHHMH236H for free ...x-factor that and it's stupidly good (i dont think they can advancing guard it since the assist connects first). Also X-23 low assist then Super skrull jump>dash>2H is another unblockable set up. Game's sooooooo good.

Also feeling the hate on the ranked online not connecting...this however isn't much of a problem in player matches...odd.

hey is Chun Li's mission 10 even possible? I can't do it for shit, the standing L,M,H won't connect at all after air L,M,M,H,S

You have to delay the S slightly after the H just so that you hit the ground a bit earlier than they do.

When I say delay, I mean like a millisecond; it's pretty easy once you understand the rhythm.

With the LP, don't try to hit confirm it; pretty much right after the S hits, just go ahead into the whole l->m->h gatling.

Yeah. they definitely leave out telling you about timing delays and how to get assist going. I'm figuring it out, but I can see a casual person never getting these down.

You really gotta play with timings in this game. For skrull and taskmaster i often go LM, slight delay H, slight delay again, then whatever just to do a hit confirm. Where as x-23 i just mash L till I see a confirm and then go barreling through the sequence. With taskmaster to do his corner OTG set up w/ assist:

blah blah, S, j.MMHS, Assist, j.236H

you do it like this:

blah blah S., jump, pause, M at height of it, pause, MHS as you fall, assist + jump, 236H

If you just do MMHS they fall way to early and you dont have time to get the OTG or the assist.

Also that lil theory i had on a layout...lol no. it doesnt work well. Best to go with the TvC-esque type B. Layout wise I think this is a rare moment a 4 button controller with shoulders may best an arcade stick...you just give up the accuracy of a stick for direction.

Back