Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Well UMvC3 is a couple of days away. I'm very interested in seeing Vergil and Phoenix Wright as well as Nova and Iron Fist. Screw that Rocket Raccon! lol

GGs Juecey

I guess it seems we're still somewhat even. Your Hulk is as beastly as always. It took me about 8-10 matches to stop myself from going head to head with him. XD Fighting bad Hulks online will do that to you. You should definitely pick up Nemesis in Ultimate. From the looks of it, he looks like Hulk with a Rocket Launcher, which is gonna be right up your alley.

Now, about your question for Dorm, sorry I didn't reply. I had to get off. Now as for your question, I say that you should be a bit more mobile with him. Incorporate tri-dash's for instant overheads and mobility, because sometimes, teleports alone don't cut it. I personally LOATHE Dorm's ground dashes with a passion. I've raged so many times because of his dash killing me with its recovery, so I only move around with tri-dashes and teleports, unless I'm in a combo. Other than that, your Dorm is very solid. I hate Wesker vs. Dorm very much lol

Also, thanks for the Dante compliment. He can be super annoying since he's a jack of all trades, and any competent Dante should and will use everything he has to open you up. I simply can't wait to get my hands on his brother =D

39.jpg

"You will know this devil's power"

So I'm trying to create a Hulk midscreen relaunch using Shulk or Wesker assist. It's possible but extremely tight. I do s.H (pause) S, sj.LMMHS, dash, assist, etc... The issues is generally Hulk doesn't land quick enough or pushes the target too far...but I've played with the timings and it DOES work, it's just difficult to find. Any suggestions how to get a midscreen relunch with Hulk by playing with the aerial rave?

If you use Shulk then you are going to have a harder time with hitting an OTG since she takes a while to come out, what I've seen some people do to have longer carrying combo's is gamma wave into assist. I'll look for a vid that shows what I mean when I get a chanche.

GGs Juecey

I guess it seems we're still somewhat even. Your Hulk is as beastly as always. It took me about 8-10 matches to stop myself from going head to head with him. XD Fighting bad Hulks online will do that to you. You should definitely pick up Nemesis in Ultimate. From the looks of it, he looks like Hulk with a Rocket Launcher, which is gonna be right up your alley.

Now, about your question for Dorm, sorry I didn't reply. I had to get off. Now as for your question, I say that you should be a bit more mobile with him. Incorporate tri-dash's for instant overheads and mobility, because sometimes, teleports alone don't cut it. I personally LOATHE Dorm's ground dashes with a passion. I've raged so many times because of his dash killing me with its recovery, so I only move around with tri-dashes and teleports, unless I'm in a combo. Other than that, your Dorm is very solid. I hate Wesker vs. Dorm very much lol

Also, thanks for the Dante compliment. He can be super annoying since he's a jack of all trades, and any competent Dante should and will use everything he has to open you up. I simply can't wait to get my hands on his brother =D

Yeah when you started to try and zone me I knew it was going to get annoying for me, I keep telling people that they are sleeping on chris and you proved it by kicking my ass with him. You're right about nemesis though as he seems to be Hulk with a projectile and better command grabs.

The Dorm thing is true and I've noticed it, I'm not mobile enough with him and its something I should work on if I want him to be ready for DEV. I think I have his keep away game down though. I did like most of your dorm combos but I tried not to let you use them to often. The wesker matches with my dorm were tough since it was hard to get away from you. Thank god for flame carpet... at least for now, I'm really sad they are going to nerf it but the buffs they gave Dorm make it alright.

And yeah your Dante was frustrating to say the least, what with his combo's that seemed to gain you like 2 bars of meter and easily set you up for lv3 hypers.

So I'm trying to create a Hulk midscreen relaunch using Shulk or Wesker assist. It's possible but extremely tight. I do s.H (pause) S, sj.LMMHS, dash, assist, etc... The issues is generally Hulk doesn't land quick enough or pushes the target too far...but I've played with the timings and it DOES work, it's just difficult to find. Any suggestions how to get a midscreen relunch with Hulk by playing with the aerial rave?

Ok I found 2 videos that corner carry but you have to click the link to view them, and I don't want to post the vid without the guys permission so I'll direct you to it.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hulk-smash-camera-man-hulk-video-thread.127361/page-3

its post 134.

Thanks! Yeah I asked in that forum and I guess the secret is to omit the j.H. <3 active communities. @Juece, as a Hulk/sent player with my team:

Hulk(wave)/Sent(charge)/Shulk(otg)

Do you see any issues here? I don't play any of these characters so in terms of movement, order, and assist dependence I'm not sure yet. The logic:

• Shulk OTG makes all Hulk combos lethal
  • Shulk OTG sets up unblockables with Hulk and Sent
  • Hulk wave will help Sent zone even better, cover him flying in, and help Shulk get in
  • Sent helps Hulk and Shulk set up nasty pressure
My big fear is having Shulk as anchor as I hear she needs assists to stay in. Should I do Sent instead? Sent DHC better, but Shulk is still good on those as well. Thoughts? Also am I right to use Shulk over Wesker?

Honestly I stopped using Sent Drones I mean they are great but Set has a better OTG assist IMO considering the range it has and it adds a nice chunk of damage. Honestly Wesker is the option over Shulk IMO since he can zone and Shulk can't. Plus if you wan't unblockables then Wesker sets them up much faster and as you know Xfactor wesker murders everyone.

If you want to stick with team you're running now then Sent is the best choice for Anchor and hulk as second. My issue with Shulk is she can't DHC well with your team but she is strong by herself so I guess it balances out. Have you tried the timing on hulks air throw and command throw with Shulk OTG? You should see how easy it is to combo and see if you really want to keep her.

I haven't done air throw but the command grab yes...even with L version. The trick I found to making continued Hulk hop dashing easier is: AA for the first dash then just before he actually lands, I piano HML. No idea why but it works amazing to make sure I always get:

command grab, dash, assist, dash, c.Hs, etc...

As for DHCs, Shulk obv cant with Wave (unless I want to do a lvl 3 car ftw!), but she can with gamma crush, she just has to cut it a little bit short...but if you have 2 meter you're still doing 900k+ with a Hulk combo anyway as they all land in the corner unless you used the OTG to set it up while facing the far corner.

I think I'll try:
Hulk(wave)/Shulk(otg)/Sent(charge)

I like the idea of using Hulk on point with these types of assists. Feels a waste to use the OTG on point and risk not having her around for Hulk or Sent.

DHCs:
  • Hulk Wave > Shulk lvl3/kicks (corner) or Sent HSF/plasma(corner)
  • Hulk Crush > Shulk kicks(cancel early) or Sent HSF
  • Hulk Quake > Shulk ??? (air throw whiff reset?) or Sent plasma
  • Shulk Kicks > Hulk Quake or Sent plasma
  • Sent Plasma > Hulk Crush or Shulk kicks
  • Sent HSF > Hulk Wave or Shulk lvl 3
  • Sent harddrive > Hulk Crush or Shulk Kicks

Sooo still plenty of options

*note with the HML piano dash. I'm aware of plink wave dashing, but even though these are inputted a few frames apart (its not very strict) it's not the same as they are a little before he actually lands. In the inputs it often registers 1 button, then the next together. A normal character would've done the 1st input and not gotten the dash if it wasn't done perfectly on the 1st 2 inputs, but this seems to buffer it and unless you jump cancel he won't do an attack.

Off of Sent's HSF you can HSF>Gamma crush

You should work on Air throw combo's with hulk since its a lot easier to get air throws than his command throws. I usually only use his CT's if I'm going for a reset for a tad bit of extra damage. Bad thing about Sent drones is that you will have a hard time hitting combo's with them.

yeah i realized the combos are very inconsistent if drones connect off a crossover j.S. You can however use it to reset DP pressure or bait them into holding back and going for a throw. Also it helps get in if you do gamma wave, assist, then run in...assuming they dont have a beam hyper.

I just dont like using Sent OTG assist. I feel there's better characters for the assist such as one's that also do it as a low (x-23/felicia/Wesker/Shulk). The OTG assist isn't bad but there's not a lot of times I think I feel I need Sent in a team and he's the only one I'm willing to devote to an OTG slot if needed. I don't like assists that are only good in combos unless my characters absolutely depend on it.

I say keep the drones, they help hulk with rushdown and Shulk with pressure.

I use Sentinel as an anchor and I do pretty well with him, my only problem is fighting crouching characters like Morrigan, who crouch, block and mash cr.L all day... It's lame really, but once Sentinel frying pan's her ass, its game over!

I say keep the drones, they help hulk with rushdown and Shulk with pressure.

I use Sentinel as an anchor and I do pretty well with him, my only problem is fighting crouching characters like Morrigan, who crouch, block and mash cr.L all day... It's lame really, but once Sentinel frying pan's her ass, its game over!

Honestly I'm learning the disadvantages of Sent the more I play him. I mean I love his damage output but opening people up with him is so hard sometimes that it makes me want to drop him and pick up someone else. I'm actually considering dropping him for doom but I will be lacking an OTG assist and I really need it.

Honestly I'm learning the disadvantages of Sent the more I play him. I mean I love his damage output but opening people up with him is so hard sometimes that it makes me want to drop him and pick up someone else. I'm actually considering dropping him for doom but I will be lacking an OTG assist and I really need it.

With me, I like to use his ghetto ass mixups,( jump H, jump S, cr. M, Rocket Punch) and sooner or later they give in and take 800k's worth of damage

Yeah...I'm done with this game but Sent is actually pretty terrible. It's pretty hard to get damage in with him outside of of airgrabs/command grabs (which do convert to good damage)...which only work against people who respect Sent, really. And, on the other hand, if he doesn't have something like Tron/Haggar assist, it's unbelievably easy to pressure and eventually open him up. It was to the point that, whenever I saw Sent as an assist, I'd snap him into the corner and start the rape train.

Really, like after a month a playing, I felt Capcom jumped the gun on his health nerf and honestly, I don't like the way lots of games are going with all of these patches because of shit like that. When you look at it, even when his health was high, most of the havoc day 1 Sent strats ran were based of fear/ignorance and random armored attacks connecting. But I guess it's just the way of things that every random scrub be given a voice now.

Back