Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Eh, okay, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but whatevs. Way I see it though is S, A, B, C, and D tier, and S is never more than 5. Broken tier is a term I agree with, but A wouldn't be "top tier" because it's not at the top (derp). It's just characters that are "high tier." Hence, why I don't think Wesker's top tier. He doesn't suck or anything, there are just characters way better.

Well i mean whether we want to think it or not, Wesker still holds at the highest of high tier slots from most eyes as far as i can see. On SRK anyway, and most other forums. Lot of top players think so too. Talked to some of em at Seasons Beatings about subjects like it and most threw Wesker in teh top.

Well i mean whether we want to think it or not, Wesker still holds at the highest of high tier slots from most eyes as far as i can see. On SRK anyway, and most other forums. Lot of top players think so too. Talked to some of em at Seasons Beatings about subjects like it and most threw Wesker in teh top.
That's because hardly anyone thinks Magnus and Viper are top 5 (Which I don't understand). Hence why Wesker gets lumped up there.

That's because hardly anyone thinks Magnus and Viper are top 5 (Which I don't understand). Hence why Wesker gets lumped up there.

No one thought Viper was top anything because no one wanted to put the time into learning her when they could just pick Wolvy and Derp their way to a win. Mag has always been on the top of the list and anyone who says other wise is lying to themselves.

Got to play a lil UMvC3 today. MY fears of the GUI and X-factor are pretty much gone. I still don't like the changes, but they don't obscure who's who and what the life bars at. I only got a few rounds in (go fuck my lethal cat allergy). Only real notes I can take away are that I like Rocket Racoon and I'm a big fan of Tasks new move.

Tasks new move is mainly awesome because now your long traveling shield bash can always be safely cancelled into this instead of arrows as before. If it connects you have plenty of time to land an OTG or simply do air OTG hyper and keep it going.

'The Coon' is a character I think I can really main. He is very hard to hit as imaged, but you can definitely zone with his projectiles well. The double shot can be split directions and is very effective at covering space. One of my favorite moves is simply his c.H. It's a very fast straight beam that has an upward angle. It is very capable of quickly downing jumps or standing characters at midrange. The burrow is awesome. That thing was landing my cross ups all over the place and made him very good for punishes. And yes, headshotting Nemesis in the face with log trap is beyond gratifying. It will be a tough contest over which assist to use as the 2 I tried (double shot and log) were both very good and the 3rd is a trap, which are great. He does lack movement speed, but is not terrible. Burrow can get him in well enough.

That's about it for now. I go back tomorrow to play more.

That really doens't mean anything Cosmic, Justing had no thought on Viper but Marlin thought she was godlike. Both thought Wesker was in the top spot.

No one thought Viper was top anything because no one wanted to put the time into learning her when they could just pick Wolvy and Derp their way to a win.
Yep, unfortunately. Which is what I hate about most communities. The Marvel community is most guilty of it too.
That really doens't mean anything Cosmic, Justing had no thought on Viper but Marlin thought she was godlike. Both thought Wesker was in the top spot.
Well I have no idea who Marlin's excluding from that top 5 then. Unless of course Marlin's S tier is more than 5 characters. Either way, I still don't see Wesker being S. He's A, very close to S. If one of those S characters did not exist, he'd be top for sure. He has everything he needs and more, for sure, but is any of it broken like those other characters? Nope.

Got to play a lil UMvC3 today. MY fears of the GUI and X-factor are pretty much gone. I still don't like the changes, but they don't obscure who's who and what the life bars at. I only got a few rounds in (go fuck my lethal cat allergy). Only real notes I can take away are that I like Rocket Racoon and I'm a big fan of Tasks new move.

Tasks new move is mainly awesome because now your long traveling shield bash can always be safely cancelled into this instead of arrows as before. If it connects you have plenty of time to land an OTG or simply do air OTG hyper and keep it going.

'The Coon' is a character I think I can really main. He is very hard to hit as imaged, but you can definitely zone with his projectiles well. The double shot can be split directions and is very effective at covering space. One of my favorite moves is simply his c.H. It's a very fast straight beam that has an upward angle. It is very capable of quickly downing jumps or standing characters at midrange. The burrow is awesome. That thing was landing my cross ups all over the place and made him very good for punishes. And yes, headshotting Nemesis in the face with log trap is beyond gratifying. It will be a tough contest over which assist to use as the 2 I tried (double shot and log) were both very good and the 3rd is a trap, which are great. He does lack movement speed, but is not terrible. Burrow can get him in well enough.

That's about it for now. I go back tomorrow to play more.
Lucky. how did you get a chance to play it?

I have connections to a friend who can who can acquire them early. You can even bet I'll play SC5 before you guys ;D, tho I still must wait like everyone else for my personal copy.

After playing for a few hours, my first thoughts on the balance changes seem very positive so far. Personally, it feels like almost every combo is much more tighter than what it used to be. I found myself dropping combos frequently until i adjusted my timing and even then, it still felt...off? Don't really know how to explain it. But it definitely feels like combos are tighter. Also, all the old cast's mission have been changed and are a bit different than before. Some character's missions are harder, some are actually easier (Dante's missions are still piss easy). I tried Vergil, Frank, and Nova's missions as well, and I have to tell you guys, Vergil mission 9 will make you tear your brains out. God was that an ordeal, and I gotta do it again on the PS3 ---___---

The new characters are very fun to play. I was trying out a couple of the new cast (mainly the ones I've mentioned) and they're all looking pretty solid. For now, I'll just focus mainly on Vergil though

Vergil
The first Son of Sparda is much better than i had anticipated, however, personally, I do not see him being top tier. First, I would like to say that he is very straight-forward with his game plan. His mixup game is insane with teleports along with the right assists (e.g. Dante Weasel Shot) and meter. Also, his range is absolutely orgasmic. Much like his brother, he can bully you from pretty much half-screen and laugh at you while you're going WTF O_o. His reset options are also very insane. He also has the old Wolverine Berserker Slash-->Berserker Charge BS with Rapid Slash-->Devil Trigger/Spiral Swords, but Rapid Slash is considerably slower than Berserker Slash and doesn't have any invincibility so I think it won't be as effective as most people would like to think. Also, Vergil's damage output is not very high. I had issues trying to break the 750K mark with two hypers and assists. He's also considerably unsafe beyond all hell. It doesn't help that because his game plan is so straight-forward, his moves can be easily telegraphed. Vergil is an extremely solid character, and he's definitely at least high tier, but I can't see him being top as of now.

Tell how Ammy is ok? I just watch the change log for her. I'm kind of scare to use her now.

Ammy is pretty much the same in most aspects. HHH combos are still intact, albeit much more tighter as I've mentioned already along with her hitstun nerf to her normals. Everything else feels generally the same. Glaive retains it's massive range in everything, but charges feel somewhat longer (might just be my TV lagging on me though). Whip still has its insane range. Cold Star feels a little slower as well (again, might just be my TV). The only real nerf i see with her is that she can't block during air dashes, which isn't really all too bad anyway. The speed is still there. The insane air grab range is virtually the same. You just can't derp your way in for free anymore.

Nova looks so sick after watching some marvel matches! It looks like he hits like a truck and that's just awesome, so awesome I may just throw him in with my doom and Dorm team so I have him with some awesome assists.

Shin how is that Hulk? seeing as people can't air dash towards him now he has the scare factor on his side.

Back