ULTRA Street Fighter IV

my point is easy to see: people as now don't try to play xxx character in USF4, they try to apply SSF4AE tactics into USF4 wich is boooring
This is true. Delayed Wake-up has a bigger impact than a lot of people thought. It completely changed the wake-upgame making it more footsie heavy.

I've seen a Yun do shoulder RFA U1 through a fireball so all is good. >.<

And I'm happy that Daigo is giving Hugo a chance.

And I'm happy that Daigo is giving Hugo a chance.

If i remember correctly it's not the first time he try characters just for the lulz, i think it's his way to relax a little bit

I hope he find some cool shit and keep classic Ryu , but imho he's going to switch to Evil Ryu

If i remember correctly it's not the first time he try characters just for the lulz, i think it's his way to relax a little bit

True but at least I can see some quality Hugo play. And since I want Hugo as my new main it would be nice to see how good people solve certain match-ups. (Even though The Gentleman got some solid buffs.)

Also at Rose to the 8-2 match-ups for hugo >.<

And if daigo goes back to Ryu he might as well go E.Ryu, that character really got some stupid buffs.

Rose...
...and Sim, Sagat, Akuma and probably some more... just to say the ugly ones :D

Hugo got fucked by having an epic trick (1hit armor on st HP) for most of the developing time, wich probably stop them from give him other buffs

Then last minute they was like "1hit armor on a normal? This shit is too good" and removed it :D

Btw is soon to speak, i read rumor around about te console version beng the true definitive build and that once released aercades will be updated to be like it
Some characters may still get buffs (example the Gief seen in the last Decapre-build is different from the current arcade one)

Then last minute they was like "1hit armor on a normal? This shit is too good" and removed it :D
He still has it. Only the armor is 3 or 4 frames tops instead of the enitre animaton and doesn't start on frame 1 making even more annoying. And too top it of it's unsafe.
Solid as hell AA though, that is if you can time it right. >.<

Also I still haven't seen anyone use the claps like they should.
H.Clap M.Clap L.Clap L.Lariat was his BnB in SF3 but I haven't seen anyone even try it.

If EX Clap still launches in the way it did in SF3 you could do.
H.Clap M.Clap L.Clap RFC H.Clap EX.Clap U2. Probably not worth it beause you can use Super into U2 as well and that does a lot more (I think)

I'm not familiar with Hugo's gameplay, but yeah, it look like somehing that will get heavy scaled
One of the things i'm curious to experiment in the training lab is how much RFA affect the dmg scaling

What we know is that RFA itself does 50% more dmg than the basic FA

I don't get the point of delayed wake-up. Isn't the game already defensive heavy? Only reason I can think of why they would introduce delayed wake-ups is to fix vortexes and option-selects. But... I would think it'd be better to fix the characters that can vortex really well and fix the bloody code to stop option-selecting.

The game was really safe-jump heavy and some characters have little to none options when knocked down so this buffs them a lot.

Edit:

Hugo has his clap combo :) 2:20

Last edited:
No, Poison is a motion character like in SFxT.

None of the new characters other than Decapre are charge characters.

Don't think of her fireballs as conventional ones. They have different recovery so it's easier to hold your own for a while with HP Aeolus until you inevitably lose the fireball war. But her HP fireball is more like an Ibuki kunai or more like a Sakura fireball fadc mixup. You get a free high - low mixup that you can combo out of it isn't mediocre because of that. If you're talking purely about fireball wars she's not going to be amazing at that, but she can somewhat hold her own.
Her fireballs are average/below average. She's not winning any projectile wars against Guile, Sagat, Ryu, Akuma, or Gouken for example. She may mess with Rose, and Sakura for a while until they get sick of it. But overall, her projectile game is decent enough to where it's competent to keep Grapplers at bay, and to annoy other projectileless characters to jump into HP fireballs.
It's "good" because it doesn't go fullscreen.

It also has a janky animation, with the hitbox fading before the fire does.

"Coming out for Digital Upgrade (PS3 and 360) on June 3rd for PS3 and June 4th for 360. The price is $14.99
PC and Retail (PS3 and 360) on August 5th

Reminder the retail release will also come with all the costumes for $39.99.

Also next month on 360 you will be able to get SSF4 AE for free so you can upgrade to newest version for $14.99."

Cool, sooner than i expected

I played Hugo yesterday and the day before.
Some match-ups are gutter-trash but most of them are playable and he even have some match-ups where he has a advantage.
EX Backbreaker looked instant and is strike invincible.
s.HP is god-like, I don't understand why japanse hugo players aren't using this move. It anti-airs everything that doesn't armor breaks.
Meaty H.Clap catches wakeup backdash and you can even do a M.Backbreaker to combo.
Since every clap is + on block, clap into Meaty SPD is a thing.
Focus crumple into delayed H.clap into back breaker does a solid 350ish damage.
Whiffing 6 l.Lariats give him 1 bar which is fucking nuts.
EX Ultra throw has stupid range and is strike invincible.
Claps don't really work well againt projectiles because the cancellation hitbox is at his fingertips.
Guile v hugo isn't as free as you would think. Hugo can punish any blocked flashkick with H.Clap or if FADC'd with SPD. If Hugo just plays patiently and let guile walk himself in the corner Hugo can pressure with Mpunch and claps.
Hugo is free against Sagat and Dhalsim. However if you can knockdown dhalsim it's really hard for him to get away. That said it took me 6 matches against dhalsim before I got 1 knockdown. >.<
Hugo can punish T.Hawk's Condor dive with H.Back breaker or U2.
U2>>>>>>U1 except for matches with characters that have pressure tools that are -1 (Dictator, Dudley etc.)
U2 and EX backbreaker both catches backdash so EX Back breaker or SPD is a legit mix-up on wake-up >.<
EX Lariat and EX Meat Squasher look completely identical, Lariat catches jump and can be followed up wit Backbreaker and Meat Squasher carries to the corner where you get a free M.punch.
cr.Hkick is SUPER unsafe but travels a sick distance and is overhead.
ddMkick goes through fireballs but the recovery is too shitty to use it.
ddMkick s.lkick l.Lariat is a combo.

That's all info I can give about hugo. @Gatsu

Back