Umbra4life's CREATION Gallery

Raphilde looks rather badass.

I agree: Raphilde is the standout here, although I find the Amy/Nightmare mash-up quite creative too. Most all of them demonstrate some clever technical/work-around thinking in replicating gender-locked assets, and plenty of them are creative in their intentional silliness, but the Raph-Hilde and Nightmare-Amy nexuses actually have a tonal/stylistic shared space that allows for these two designs to pop on a more serious level, I feel.

In any event, a very creative concept to explore--I like mash-ups in general: we don't see a lot of them in CaS, traditionally, but they can be fun to tinker with and are fun to see.
Thank you, guys. 😊 Raphilde was one of the more fun ones for me to create because I could put together a somewhat simple outfit and then polish it with a whole bunch of little details, colouring and the effect of shading.

I love ALL those cosplays!!! Siegsuka cracked me up!!! Also Sweet Dream was so perfect. Cute and tiny Amy-Nightmare :D
Taxi was also ingenious... literally I liked all of those!!!👍 Gold star for creativity!!! 🌟
Thank you, @Spanky 😁 I appreciate that. I'm not nearly as creative as some of the other talented people on this site (I'm looking at you, @VILARCANE ) but this was the result of my weird little brain trying to think outside the box. Haha.

I had to make an account just to see if you'd be willing to post the Raphilde formula. It looks amazing and I've spent the last 2 hours trying to recreate it.
Thank you so much, @BootsyRawlins hugs And welcome to 8wayrun! Unfortunately my Ps4 and I are in different states and won't be reunited for a little while. If you'd like though, I can go into detail in a pm with any questions regarding the creation? ☺

Last edited:

Very good designs. Only thing is Jia Qian is wearing a hat that looks ethnic-Manchu looking. The SC6 series is set during the Ming dynasty and it isn't until the next dynasty that the Manchus take control of China. :) But don't worry. Namco also made a mistake by only providing a Manchu style male clothing in the custom character screen instead of a Ming one.

Last edited:
Your creations are magnificent, impressive by the quality of the details. I am enjoying myself and I still want to enjoy your characters who inspire and motivate me. well done

Too lazy to like all or look through it all, but I overlooked a great CAS artist!
Haha, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed my collection.
Ugh I really wanna recreate some of these creations. I really like the Bayonetta creations.
Thank you, Bayonetta's my favorite series so I spent a little extra time on her and her gang. 😁
Very good designs. Only thing is Jia Qian is wearing a hat that looks ethnic-Manchu looking. The SC6 series is set during the Ming dynasty and it isn't until the next dynasty that the Manchus take control of China. :) But don't worry. Namco also made a mistake by only providing a Manchu style male clothing in the custom character screen instead of a Ming one.
I appreciate that information, @Knapf , I had no idea! 😉 I think we CaS artists get carried away with creativity so staying true to the time period sometimes flies out the window. But it's a good thing to keep in mind when creating a cohesive product, so thank you!
Your creations are magnificent, impressive by the quality of the details. I am enjoying myself and I still want to enjoy your characters who inspire and motivate me. well done
I appreciate your words so much, @superdurand Truly. hugs

@Umbra4life What pagan incantation must I utter to summon your creative forces to come again into the world in the form of some new designs? I have semi-regular discussions with our mutual friend @VILARCANE about technique and style over DMs and your name is one that comes up when we talk about innovative technical improvisations and overall well put together designs. I hope we'll see new work in the new year--if you have the time for it, that is, of course. :)

Oh, and more generally, Happy Holidays if you're celebrating anything!

Last edited:
Back