Underrated Moves Discussion

spongebob

[08] Mercenary
Games still new and Algol SA doesn't have a ton of discussion but oh well.I don't see these moves getting talked about enough.

1. FC 8B - Really, its 16f and does 40 dmg with a 2k follow up. Great punish with a lot of dmg.

2. 8B+K K- Seems to have a lot more tracking than in SCIV but I havn't played that game in years. If you do this after a knockdown and the opponent techs it will auto correct itself and hit them. Also really safe on block and does a lot of dmg.

3. 4A,B - Pretty unsafe but the A+B push's back enough iirc. The B can be delayed a fair bit though and hits mid so theres maybe some mixup you can get out of this.

4. 7/8/9k - Decent jumping attack with knockdown, Algol's only good one, used on reactable lows that are safe from anything substantial on block.

5. 263B - Due to GI costing meter and JG being hard auto gi's are great this time round and 236B interrupts a bunch of slower strings on block.

I have been trying to implement 623B more and more into my game since it's quite nice atleast for now, I can see it beeing baited at some points down the road but for now, awesome move imo.

I mainly use it when confirming people doing slow strings like Siegfried/NM and other then that using it as a mixup tool on moves such as 66B. Doing 66B then mixing up between throw/low/623B or just another 66B. Makes people respect your mid game alot since you seem to have an answer to everything :)

Yeah I've gotten out of a few strings with 623B, also got away with it after some negative on block moves got blocked.

I like 2B+KB a lot. The bubble is only slightly unsafe on block. If the kick hits the bubble tech traps any direction so they either have to stay down/roll or get up and block it, both let you get your offense going.

According to the guide... 44K is neutral on block so I need to use that more.
and also 44B, his main launcher... super massive dmg.
In addition, I like the push-back on 3K ^_^

Yeah I've gotten out of a few strings with 623B, also got away with it after some negative on block moves got blocked.

I like 2B+KB a lot. The bubble is only slightly unsafe on block. If the kick hits the bubble tech traps any direction so they either have to stay down/roll or get up and block it, both let you get your offense going.
I need to use 623B more, I have a tendency to forget that it exists. Occasionally I'll try to bait using 88_22A and follow it immediately with 623B. It pays off for the most part 'cause the opponent will eat the 88_22A and get knocked down, or they'll block it and release and get hit with the 623B.

I use 2B+K B a lot. Almost to the point where I could be accused of spamming it.

I've also found 6BBB very useful. The bubble either will make the person stand still blocking and I'll go for a 1A followed by a 2B+K B, or they'll step the bubble in which case I can usually rush in for a throw, toss out a 1A if I'm farther away, or if I'm close enough a 66B followed by the 200% meter chair smash. But only if it's the last round. :-D

One of the really cool things about 6BBB followed by a 1A is that if it's timed JUUUUUUST right, the 1A will connect at the same time as the bubble and launch them about as high as a 44B will. Which can then lead to massive combos, I haven't been able to pull the 196 combo off of it, but that may just be because I'm not skilled enough. But you could at least do a 66 B+K or 66B BE into 4BA.

Sucks when the person is knowledgeable/lucky enough to duck the second B...kinda screws you.

66A is also very underrated. I have not seen many Algol players use it.
It's only useful trait is that it kills step, unfortunately, it's somewhat unsafe (especially against Alpha) and it hits HIGH. Any TC move will beat it clean, even another Algol doing 66A

According to the guide... 44K is neutral on block so I need to use that more.
Not many people know this or they forget. I use it near walls/edges and follow-up with 6BBB, hoping for a counter hit.

It's only useful trait is that it kills step, unfortunately, it's somewhat unsafe (especially against Alpha) and it hits HIGH. Any TC move will beat it clean, even another Algol doing 66A

Agreed but still its safe on block (i think), its high crush, has very good range, side step catches and its very hard to punish it on reaction though. It destroys certain characters game (example Mitsurugi and Nightmare).

Back