Vader's RO game.

Angrel-San

[10] Knight
A thread to discuss his RO options.

Let's start.

G+A RO's back.

4A+B (grounded) 6A+B RO's back.

44B+K > 8wr A+B is pretty good for front RO.

I've posted some combos with decent RO in the lectures thread.

Forward ROs
3B
4A+B A+B A+B
66B
44B
22_88K
66A+K

The combo with the best RO I've found is WS aGA+BG, 3B+K, 44BA+BG 22_88K, it'll knock people out on that square indoor stage from where they start.

Forward:
11B
44A+B
22_88A+K

66B,1BA seems to be his easiest way to cover distance, and on most stages if he's stunned you before and they don't shake out before the 66B you'll probably get a RO. .

Seems like for forward RO's anything that launches and you hit with 4B has good RO potential.44B+K doesn't RO on it's own from what I've seen ,but the launch is high enough to let you just knock them out anyways

FC A+B seems to somewhat track the edge. center of the stage the knock back is low, but anytime there's an edge near his front it seems to just hurl them off.

Force Parry B I remember to RO, but i'm not near my 360 to check.

Oh ya, love that move for ring out. Has pretty decent range for the RO too. Wasn't gonna post this, but here's a vid with some RO's. Just messing round with my brother. Shouldn't rely on the ending combos from clip 1 and 3 too much, as my brother got really good at breakin the stun on 6BbG and BB by the end of the night.

Thx, btw, I should be force canceling every one of those 44B's. Sadly, I don't think I will be pursuing him as much as I thought. I guess he's still gonna be banned from tourney's even tho he's on both consoles now. Damn haters......

you can ring out with a ws k. i did it last night and was quite surprised by it, accidently clicked the wrong button and went yep ment to do that ...

i get to use vader in the aussie tourney coming up in less than a month woohooo could care less what tier people put him in im using him cause i can :P, will post vids if i can of me either pwning or getting pwned rofl. ^^

I hate this.. his 4A+B AT, 6A+B does not ringout against Amy well. As if he doesn't it already have it hard fighting her, he can't even ring her out like he can a normal character!

So an alternative to doing it if you really need to RO her out backwards is 4A+B AT 4A+B BT B+K 4A+B A+B 8K_66A+K. The 8K_66A+K is what I prefer, but there are other options for ringing out forward. Ringing out this way requires around 95% of your Force though.

I think he might have this problem against Talim also, but I haven't fully tested it yet.

EDIT:
Another back ringout would be the new combo I posted in the combo thread:

To ring out to Vader's left:

4A+B AT 4A+B g3B+K 44B 1BA.

If Hilde is the ring out Queen, then I will now consider Darth Vader the ring out King.

Here are some RO's that haven't been mentioned yet, some of the RO combos are mentioned twice with just the step direction being different but I did it like that for simplicity's sake as to not confuse anyone:

Vader's back to the edge but not too close to the edge:

3B+K, step back, 4A+B, 6A+B

8wr A+B, step back, 4A+B, 6A+B

Vaders back kinda far from the edge:

8wr A+B, step back, 4A+B, 4A+B, BT B+K, 4A+B, A+B, A+B - 100% force

8wr A+B, step back, 4A+B, 4A+B, G:3B+K, 44B, 1bA - a little over 50% force (you can finish it with 4B instead of 1bA on certain characters)

8wr A+B, step back, 4A+B, 4A+B, G:3B+K, 44B~A+B~G, 22_88K - around 90% force required (this will RO from further away than any other back ringout)

The ring edge is to the right of Vader, and right beside him and his opponent (also works if the ring edge is to the left of vader. In that case, step in the opposite direction of what's written for the following combos):

8wr A+B, step right, 4A+B, 6A+B

3B+K, step left, 4A+B, A+B, A+B (takes around 3/4 of the force bar), you can also finish it with 3B/8K or whatever you prefer to RO with after 4A+B, A+B at close range) *for this combo, if the ring edge is to the left of vader instead of the right, you can just do 3B+K, 44B, 1bA to ring out to the left.

The ring edge is to the right of Vader, but not too close to him and his opponent (also works if the ring edge is to the left of vader. In that case, step in the opposite direction of what's written for the following combos):

3B+K, step right, 4A+B, 6A+B

8wr A+B, step right, 4A+B, 6A+B

8wr A+B, step right, 4A+B, 4A+B, BT B+K, 4A+B, A+B, A+B - 100% force. This combo will ring out farther than the two mentioned above, and will RO from pretty much anywhere on the seesaw stage depending on the direction that you step.

8wr A+B, step right, 4A+B, 4A+B, G:3B+K, 44B~A+B~G, 22_88K - around 90% force required (this rings out FAR)

The last combo listed will ring out from pretty much anywhere on the small ring out stages (including raft) depending on if you step right/left/back. The combo is a bit tricky though since it requires strict timing on two parts. Also, all RO combos listed can also be done after 2A+B_2[A+B] on an airborne opponent.

G:3B+K > 44B~A+B~G > 22_88K must look badass. I can imagine Vader saying GTFO as he boots the opponent in the air and out of the ring.

Originally I've been using 3 main moves that stun and allow you to position yourself by stepping left/right/back to ring out. 3B+K, wr B+K, and 8WR A+B.

But there are far more than just those three. Those three just scratch the surface of Vader's step -> 4A+B RO potential.

Here is the full list of moves that allow you to step and 4A+B 6A+B RO:

• 3B+K
  • WR B+K (requires strict timing)
  • 8WR A+B
  • 4A+B AT, A+B
  • 44B+K
  • 2A+B on an airborne opponent
  • 2[A+B] on an airborne opponent
  • 2B+K on an airborne opponent
  • 1A+B

Here are some more examples of his ring out potential that I didn't mention in my old post up above:

3B, 4A+B, A+B, step right_left_back, 4A+B, 6A+B

33B+K, 2A+B, step right_left_back, 4A+B, 6A+B

Have a full Force meter and you want to make SURE that the Amy player gets RO'd behind you?:

3B+K, step back, 4A+B, A+B, step back, 4A+B, 6A+B

If you have enough Force, and the ring edge is to your right but not very close....

3B, 4A+B, A+B, step right, 4A+B, A+B, step back, 4A+B, 6A+B

Here's a fancy way to ring out forward with 44B+K:

44B+K, step right, 4A+B, A+B, step right, 4A+B, 6A+B

Here's an even fancier one, which is quite useless since there are obviously better options, but it's pretty amusing. If you are right by the edge, have a full force meter, and want to ring the opponent out to your left, you can walk 270° around them...

44B+K_3B+K, step right, 4A+B, A+B, step right, 4A+B A+B, step right, 4A+B, 6A+B

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many different variations to combine that it would take me ages to write them all down. But thankfully with the help of 4A+B, A+B and enough force you can ensure that you get close enough to the ring edge to ring them out from almost any situation. Vader truly is the King of RO. :)

^^^Sauce^^^..always plenty of room for more force meter!!...

OOF, after 88_22_44_66 8WR A+B, i have noticed through his great stepping speed(or larger step), that he can(if timed perfectly) can get a little more than 1 single 8WR step, he can actually get 2!! Big quick steps before recovering to block and connected these variations...

Ex: (on virgin snow stage, easiest because the whole stage is rectangular)

NH/CH 88_22_44_66 8WR A+B(Also ANY air hit 2(A+B) as well!!) ... and you opponents character is facing 1/4 direction away from any edge(just picture a pie cut 4 ways on the stage or the stage cut 4 ways)

so after^ 8WR A+B do.. 2 steps up/down(done immediately and like this if on 1p side hit 8WR 8~6~8, same as 2p side, as long as the (6) is input fast in order to advance to the 2nd 8 stepped direction) at this point now YOUR backside will be facing the ring edge(just visualize it) and then follow up with 4A+B~A+B..step back into 4A+B,6A+B ring out variations..and since 8WR A+B uses VERY little force meter..this becomes a very valuable source to quickly change that pace...try it out..remember its a 2 step process..not a single, and remember to use the 1st 8WR 8 step as soon as you can!

I have only tested(NOW TESTED AND APPROVED) this on 88_22_44_66 8WR A+B(seems to have the fastest recovery compared to other guaranteed force pickups moves)..i'll be trying it out on 3B+K and 1 or 2 others sometime today, i'll get back with that soon if you don't get the chance to test it yourself 1st...and it's good because it gives him more massive potential in the ring out department

Edit:(New Addition!) Added only from 88_22_44_66 A+B you get extra step advantage to force lift combo only from these versions, and keep in mind that the first and very last 8_2_4_6 inputs have to be done much quicker than the one of the 4 1st ones, well actually the 1st one is simply done as soon as the move finishes(no delay's)....i wouldn't mind getting some discussion for adding more usage or proper "how to" ways on certain stages for it in here on this particular move maybe..discuss...though 66 seems a bit trickier to me,..weird.

OOF, or anyone, any luck in other moves that this can be done?..and the 2 steps you get are extremely useful and also have a much bigger step compared to other areas of steps you can add before doing force lifts and variations of that.

*continuation of this testing is on page 3*

Back