Vader's RO game.

8ayrun A+B rings out on air hit well and it also wall splats.

So would you say he's better than NM (in terms of ROs)?

^^ can be done from certain force cancel moves that allow it to hit successfully(honorable mention 44+b~g,VFC).. but still has range strictness otherwise.

Vader is THE ring out king..though if your comparing the two characters to each other..they can dish out a lot of damage and both have evil range, and since they both aren't very fast, they can dish out hits back and forth at tolerable rate...but Vader is better in a match up vs NM imo.

^^ can be done from certain force cancel moves that allow it to hit successfully(honorable mention 44+b~g,VFC).. but still has range strictness otherwise.

Vader is THE ring out king..though if your comparing the two characters to each other..they can dish out a lot of damage and both have evil range, and since they both aren't very fast, they can dish out hits back and forth at tolerable rate...but Vader is better in a match up vs NM imo.
Yeah I posted 44Ba+bG 8wrun A+B in the combo topic but no one noticed :(. I guess everyone knew about it. I feel it Ros farther and is a little easier than 22K...

Well, I don't think merely considering their matchup vs each other is really a good way of saying who's better... Apparently Mina's a good matchup vs Algol. Doesn't mean Mina's a better overall character. I play both and I'd have to say Vader can open up the other guy better with throws and force cancels, also he has generally more options in both directions. For example, both NM's throws put the other dude behind him, and NM can't RO a grounded opponent behind him. Also Vader is safer, allowing him to attempt more ROs. NM has better forward push back on moves (on hit), though.

Well don't forget you asked :) ..though what you just said basically lead to my exact prior post's response towards your original question..ultimately Vader is better overall..but keep in mind that when hitting while in air(ed) opponent with 8WR A+B for ring out is tricky because its very range dependent(its only hits from so far away and that's it)..which then proceeds to make it hitting situational at best...remember the opponent needs to be suspended in air in order for it to hit/ring out anyways..which makes it even that much more situational, if you want to hit an opponent with 8WR A+B then make sure your doing it on a grounded player and it hits NH/CH..this move has way more potential in that aspect ratio

I'm not sure about this, but i don't think hitting a mid air opponent with 8WRA+B will W!, otherwise i think i would be using it more often.

Well, whenever i try to do that, the opponent just ACs out of the way and i get no W! guess it's time to go train and test a few more things when i have time

you cant AC that i dont know what your talking about somtimes if you not lined up with a wall it wont splat

Megiddo_Flare/babalook..welcome to the "Vader's RO game thread"..please take ANY non RO game discussion elsewhere to PM/AIM etc..

Megiddo_Flare: there was NO mentioned about 8WR A+B for a W! at all previous to your post..this is NOT a W!(wall splat)/combo discussion thread either, so it would have been better to have thought about your post and where your posting it before doing so..either find appropriate threads you can discuss things such as this and if your not sure..please ask before throwing out random posts in random topics about W! in Vader's RO game/thread discussion....

babalook..your doing the exact same thing..gotta keep these threads clean of topics that don't exist in it to begin with..

Edit: once i find a nice 'lil spot for these (instead of just deleting them), i will move them to where they can do good if any.

Hey if your near the edge and you drop your opponent cant you 4A+B A+B 8k for a ring out instead of using the second A+B i was messing with 8k since I cant hit 88_22K after 44b Vfc. Its good for saving up on your force guage

Those 3B have the same distance as 8k though? Because when you use 8K is sends them flying a nice little distance while i would imagine that 3B woudlnt send them that far. Im not home so I cant check the distance.

I'm pretty sure that both 9k/3b have to be done relatively close to the edge in order to get the RO..

when finishing RO combo's with 9k, make sure that you are very close to the edge(1 character and a half distance at max),never more than 2 characters' distance away from the edge, if this is the case.. your opponent can air tech right out of a RO opportunity.. though, toy with it a bit near any stage edge... so you can find where the "hot spots" are for it and how you can apply it for RO...but i will suggest it'd be used wisely and cautiously...messing something like this up can turn the match quickly against Vader if the opponent is using a character that has solid RO capabilities whilst they have their back facing the edge..BE CAREFUL!!!

On 8WR A+K are you supposed to hit at tip range because sometimes i get the ring out and other times they just fall on the ground next to me?

Yeah, 66A+K will always whiff if you Force pickup at close range.

It will connect if you are 1 to 3 character spaces away from them when they're on the flloor before you pick them up.

If you still want it to connect it at close range, you can do 33A+K (or 77A+K on 2p side), but at that point I'd rather just finish with 8K or 3B.

8WR A+K as in 88_22 can be done RO can be done directly next to the outer perimeter of the stage(s) edge(as long as your facing any stage edge..and it also RO at max tip range as well, usually they are attacking or stepping to evade a possible 4b or any mid that leads to RO since they are mostly linear attacks to begin with, so that will also cause a RO effect too...

If you end up in any other area's in between then you are most likely not going to get RO..also remember it help the closer the are to the edge as well.

Now..If you mean 66_33_77A+K after A+B force lift, than it is character specific most mid weight(voldo/maxi etc) characters and ALL light weight(sisters/female) characters..though i have seen it alternate on certain characters like Lizardman/kilik and voldo.. i think it might have to do with the angle its done from on those characters, everyone else mentioned gets hit by it for RO no matter where it hits them usually.

OOF..i usually hit the RO all the time at close/far range on smaller characters and larger characters are a bit more trickier to connect..hmm, I'll test a bit more...

You're right, it does work on small characters, but like I mentioned earlier, unless it's the last round I'd rather finish it off with 8K_3B so that i save Force going into the next round.

Edit: although it is useful for wallsplats after a Force pickup, but I always do 33A+K just to be sure it hits. :P

Back