Vampire Swordsman, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Fencing.

It must be the part when he shouts "AMMMYYYY" That's half the fun with trying out his 236B and his prepBB(BE) series.

236B is the same from scIV bad thing is EVERYTHING it was great against was buffed...ex:
-whiffs on round start if opponennt BS
-cannot punish most long range things because their unsafeness passed from -20 to -18 -.- (ex night 22B)

now its really a whiff punisher and nothing else...i found myself using more 66B than 236B in scV.

236B is the same from scIV bad thing is EVERYTHING it was great against was buffed...ex:
-whiffs on round start if opponennt BS
-cannot punish most long range things because their unsafeness passed from -20 to -18 -.- (ex night 22B)

now its really a whiff punisher and nothing else...i found myself using more 66B than 236B in scV.
I agree with what you say... but really, going to 8WR moves from G is difficult for me, so it's about half and half between 236B and 66B for me.

I dont know about you but i've been consistently punshing sieg's 66B and nightmare's 88B (non CH so i doubt they were trying anything)

sieg 66B is punishable (who cares anyway the matchup is made of QSB6 step G option, 1K and other tools both character can punish hard half opponent moveset) night 88B is not.
If you punish night 88B is because your opponent tried to move ignoring raph range......but most players knows they have to block after 88B

Hello, everyone, been a while, haven't had time to browse forums.

So, who's still left after the Raph nerf? I know he kind of got hit hard, but so far, I'm still able to find success as Raph, though every time I sidestep counter with 22b, I get a little sad. How has everyone else's game fared? Success? failure?

I've backdashed a lot more despite the nerf to backdash which throws people off I suppose.

QS into 4(B) for meterless or 33KBE for 0.5 meter can do similar damage to 22B's meterless or 0.5 meter combo if you think it'll hit. QS 66B if you know your opponent will just guard for + frames on block.

Overall the nerf was pretty significant, as I haven't attempted to use 22B very much at all. The "gamble" follow through between 1B, A+BA, 66A+b and 11BB is too damn annoyingly unreliable.

I left for a while, but I had to come back to my favorite soul vampire guy. I've got to learn to take 22B out of my game, as I still tend to throw it out on QS. Also, the new Prep BBB stun makes me use 4(B) way to often for my own good, but that trick I found makes the damage I can get off of it very tempting.

I'm still here but been working so I can get a PS3 to play my copy of the game. I just love Raphael too much to leave him, same with Aeon.

I'm still playing Raphael, I haven't really notice the changes after the patch, I'm not that observant. All I know is offline or online I can be plenty ferocious with him [or her since I have a lot of female CASs], I like his speed and his awesome range. I can even go toe-to-toe with those pesky Natsu players . . . and their pretty bombs. ^_^

I'm still playing Raphael, I haven't really notice the changes after the patch, I'm not that observant. All I know is offline or online I can be plenty ferocious with him [or her since I have a lot of female CASs], I like his speed and his awesome range. I can even go toe-to-toe with those pesky Natsu players . . . and their pretty bombs. ^_^
You and me both. I barely notice the changes. I still fight away with Raphael like nothing is wrong.

Back