Viola Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I'm not sure if this is new but, B+K BE tech traps after 4B. It catches back tech only. I was testing and I managed to catch left tech twice in a row but never again after that....so I don't know.

Is no one else amazed by this!?!? That's really cool! It's good to know her W/O 2B+K isn't completely useless

Anywho. Don't worry! Luff is here to put his input! :D

I just skimmed through all the posts so if this is already up there, sorreh.

N/O 44A BE 33B 44B 2B

Optymuss showed me this one: N/O 3B AAB 66B 1A+B

To me, B+K BE is both extremely situational and timing required to get it to combo is very tight. There are easier ways to get damage and better things to spend meter on.

Two combos (not sure if they've been posted).

3b, aab, 2a+b, 2b+k BE, B+K, 44b, 66a+b. About 84 damage and leaves them a bit closer with orb in hand.

3b, aab, 2a+b, 2b+kBE, B+K, (slight delay), 66aab. 74 damages, reverses ring position, leaves without orb.

Also, the mod of this SA really needs to update the combo thread before this becomes too much.

1.5 Meter - VS (N/O) - 22B (BE) - 3B - AAB - 2A+B - 2B+K (BE) - Small Step AAB - 7K - 2B+K (BE) - B+K - 2(A+B)

Can anyone confirm that this all works assuming the BE hits? It does about 96-105 damage depending on clean hits and what not from what I've done. All testing was on Pyrrah in training mode.

Essentially its just 22B (BE) -> Launch with the beginning of her bread and butter slam down, relaunch with 2B+K BE, do the actual BnB, then relaunch with 2B+K BE and hit them twice more. :D

W/O 6AB B+K(BE) 44A+B = 83 DMG / 1 meter (Strict timing, done very fast)
Alternatively, with different timing the 44A+B unblockable will cause back launcher (Back R/O)

This seems to be avoidable by a right ukemi, unless I am doing it wrong. Without ukemi it works though.

If the damage is reporting at least 81 you are doing it right. If anything less than 81 you're doing it wrong.

Personally I'd like you guys to try to minimize meter usage in combos. One 1 2B+K BE is cool in a combo but when you get up to two or three, it's to the point of wasteful for the minimal extra damage, unless it's going to kill.

Btw what are you guys doing off of 3B W/O? I've just been doing AAB but I feel like I could be doing a lot more.

AAB is pretty much all you can get off of 3B With Orb =/ You can do 2B (does the same damage as AAB but keeps the orb, better oki?) and I think BB (which does 5 more damage than AAB or 2B).
I could be wrong about BB...the aircontrol will just get them out of the ball recall, right, not the BB itself?

Personally I'd like you guys to try to minimize meter usage in combos. One 1 2B+K BE is cool in a combo but when you get up to two or three, it's to the point of wasteful for the minimal extra damage, unless it's going to kill.

Btw what are you guys doing off of 3B W/O? I've just been doing AAB but I feel like I could be doing a lot more.

2A+B to force them to block

then 6B+K pressure. Otherwise, BBB.

After an N/O A+G you can get 66K it's character specific and it does less damage than 8A+B but it leaves the opponent back turn and you're point blank. You can go for another throw or you can 3B if they try and press a button. Watch for characters with fast back turn attacks of course.

You can also do 66K BE and hold the orb if your opponent is scared to press buttons and go for the unblockable 3B or 44A BE.

66K hit Midscreen on: Patroklos, Leixia, Natsu, Ezio, Rapheal, Pyrrha, Xiba and Tira. It hits everyone else if the A+G puts them in the corner.

I thought this was known but apparently not as my friend had no idea.

You can combo 3B after N/O A+G on certain characters; standard N/O bnb after launcher follows as normal. I've only landed it on Patroklos (though admittedly I haven't really tested it extensively).

ReadBio : Adversaire is not in BT after 66K hits. He can turn back :( Good find though, 66K BE is a nice move.

NeonCrusader : after A+G throw, 3B does work indeed. But A+G 3B > BnB doesn't. 3B hits max range, and best combo out of it is 4K for 53 NH damage. Good setup for 2B+K and 6B+K though. 2K/1K and BB/33B works wonders here. Nice find.

Two combos (not sure if they've been posted).

3b, aab, 2a+b, 2b+k BE, B+K, 44b, 66a+b. About 84 damage and leaves them a bit closer with orb in hand.

3b, aab, 2a+b, 2b+kBE, B+K, (slight delay), 66aab. 74 damages, reverses ring position, leaves without orb.

Also, the mod of this SA really needs to update the combo thread before this becomes too much.

I think I'm about to go through and do it. Nice find on the 44B thing. Doesn't seem techable.

N/O 6B+K, 3A, A+G, 9A+B- 90 damage
checking now if throw is techable....probably
edit: is techable, but doesn't matter

N/O 6B+K, 3A, 3B, AAB, 2A+B, 2B+K, dash AAB, 9K, 2A+B 112 damage
N/O 6B+K, 3A, 3B, AAB, 2A+B, 1A+B -92
trying to see if there's a low version
edit: I guess you could just throw if they don't wanna duck :)

N/O 6B+K, 3A, B+K BE also works

N/O 6B+K, 3A, 3B, AAB, 2A+B, 2B+K, dash AAB, 6B, 2A+B 112 damage

Ill have to try these out. They look like my BnB's but way more damaging. These arent air controllable or anything right?

N/O 6B+K, 3A, 3B, AAB, 2A+B, 2B+K, dash AAB, 6B, 2A+B 112 damage

sorry bud but after the 6B its air controllable, leading to the 2A+B to wiff.....

the 6B+K, 3A setup is actually pretty beast, great for those smartypants who think they are clever trying to duck violas call backs....

2A+B, 1A+B ender does less damage then 66b, 66A+B,B, but its a great alternative for ppl who seem to catch on to the teching of 66A+B,B (i have yet to find a person though....)

I think I'm about to go through and do it. Nice find on the 44B thing. Doesn't seem techable.

44B is taught as a standard combo lol. I was wondering why no one posted 44B after launchers actually. But I see combos and I forget them so I might have missed it from anyone who might have posted.

Back