vs. Ivy

Nine-L

[10] Knight
This is easily becoming my worst matchup.

I might be an idiot but I find a lot of her tools to be very... Gay. Not really "gay" in the sense of the politically incorrect misappropriation of the word meaning "lame", but "gay" in the sense of "if 214B was a person, it would be trying to fuck me in the ass."

I don't like characters that take away my range advantage. Anyone got any tips?

Yeah, me too :|

I can always bait bad Ivy players into spamming whip attacks and letting me get close enough to smack her without being in throw range, but good ones...ow. Can't space or zone the bitch at all :|

Horrible matchup for nightmare imo. I remembered playing a not so good Ivy player and having a ton of trouble just getting in. I can only imagine a good Ivy player...

Ivy is one of those weird characters that can turtle by spamming launchers. I can see why she'd be annoying for Nightmare to fight.

Ivy is pretty slow so beat her on hits, use a lot of 2A, but then again I feel like Ivy can royally screw you if you duck... Also I find her 3K to be a little bit OP

Ivy's best way of fighting NM is by poking. Try side stepping her.

Ivy's best way of doing damage is by hitting you, try blocking!

The reason this fight sucks is because Ivy doesn't let you move.

Ivy is pretty slow so beat her on hits, use a lot of 2A, but then again I feel like Ivy can royally screw you if you duck... Also I find her 3K to be a little bit OP

"use a lot of 2A" is not sound advice in the Nightmare forum.

I'm going to bed right now but if you're going to be on XBL later today, we'll hash it out.

EDIT: DIME likes it when I swing my dick.

This is easily becoming my worst matchup.

I might be an idiot but I find a lot of her tools to be very... Gay. Not really "gay" in the sense of the politically incorrect misappropriation of the word meaning "lame", but "gay" in the sense of "if 214B was a person, it would be trying to fuck me in the ass."

I don't like characters that take away my range advantage. Anyone got any tips?

Try 66A hitting range in order to cover her long range pushback attacks.

If the Ivy uses 214B alot do agA or 6A or simply create some space for her to whiff, these are some possibilities of avoiding it.

214B you A+G grab her, works if you time it right. Honestly, nightmare always has ia: g:A, you should be beating her on speed.

Maybe the phrasing or explanations are just off, but what I'm reading as advice for dealing with a tech crouching move is "USE HIGHS". Doesn't seem right to me. Clarify?

Also, 66A is not the answer to anything unless the question is retarded.

lol you can ss 214b and punish

That was a bad match for kinetic, I dont understand why he whiffed that many moves and let keev side step. For NM to beat IVY, he should really space her poke where possible and Do dashing punishes on her unsafe (allmoves) moves ^^

Maybe the phrasing or explanations are just off, but what I'm reading as advice for dealing with a tech crouching move is "USE HIGHS". Doesn't seem right to me. Clarify?

Also, 66A is not the answer to anything unless the question is retarded.

I think a demonstration would help, it depends who you play with and how you play im just telling what works when i play, against any good Ivy and what should work. I think it's up to you in the end to make her whiff or simply guard or play it more safe, if you assume the player does certain moves then work out their pattern so you know what is coming but make sure your not taking risks and it's a safe decision, so you don't allow the player to trick you.

Doesn't 214A TS in the direction that 3AA tracks?

It does. This was my logical go-to but it seems I get stuffed a lot. I've had 214B stomp my 3A after a blocked 66B. I swear I get HAX'd by that move all the time.

Naturally, I haven't lost to an Ivy since maybe two hours before I made this post but it's not sentient Ivy's are common online.

Back