vs. Ivy

It does. This was my logical go-to but it seems I get stuffed a lot. I've had 214B stomp my 3A after a blocked 66B. I swear I get HAX'd by that move all the time.

Naturally, I haven't lost to an Ivy since maybe two hours before I made this post but it's not sentient Ivy's are common online.

Make sure you don't attack with a disadvantage if you don't know what the player may do create some space or at least guard, because it sounds like your getting zoned alot.

Attacking at disadvantage VS ivy usually leads to a decent amount of dmg or usually gurantees as CS, due to the fact you usually end up pressing the wrong button to break lol

Ivy 214B does lose to NM 3A on paper, but 214B is only one frame slower to impact than 3A, so you have to be pretty preemptive with that shit, lest you get stuffed or clash (I'm assuming NM 3A/Ivy 214B will clash anyway, rather than one just taking priority if the timing's right; I've only ever seen it win or lose though). Guessing wrong puts you at -20, which can end up hurting vs Ivy. There's the mix-up in whether or not you'll finish the string that helps mitigate disaster, but if you do and she defends properly, you'll eat shit. Ah, Nightmare. Thank god for CH 3A~3(B) hit confirm. Going to chock up a bit of the problem to just online nonsense. Sometimes four bars can be so suspiciously laggy, especially vs. A ranks...

Anyway, I'm going to start playing a little Ivy, see if that won't help enlighten me in the matchup. I was wishing there would be more match-up specific knowledge coming into this thread rather than general game advice like not attacking at disadvantage as if I was. The guy who said this was a bad match-up for Nightmare didn't really explain anything and the guy who told me I was a dipshit for getting spaced by a spacing character ignored my challenge. Not as helpful as I was hoping. Though, Ivy isn't really that common of a match-up for me, and I play constantly, so I guess it makes sense.

Stop acting like a b***h xD, you posted on an online forum littered with valuable info and not so valuable of course there is gonna be some nonsense posted.
There has been helped posted
-Learn to step 214B
-Space and punish her whip moves
-214B you A+G grab her, works if you time it right. Honestly, nightmare always has ia: g:A, you should be beating her on speed.

-2A helps if you wanna play midish range
Don't ask for help, shoot the help you receive down, then moan about it.

I was wishing there would be more match-up specific knowledge coming into this thread rather than general game advice like not attacking at disadvantage as if I was.

I guess asking for general advice and then getting general advice is sound logic. NM is a spacing character true, but learning the matchup is also learning what her ideal range is. I haven't looked into the matchup too much, but I was planning to do an analysis of 214B when I had the time.

Thing you need to realize is that just because you have frame advantage doesn't mean she can't use it to her advantage. Look at how we use 1K to backstep 3B as a whiff punisher. Same idea, just gotta make a on the Ivy player's habits.

Ivy's ideal range depends completely on the player and opponent, some say close is best, others long range is best

Close Range -
CS - ICS
BB
214B

Mid range forces you move in a linear fashion
1A
Lots of chip dmg

Long range for sidestepping is required on your part
Lots of chip dmg

Back