VS Strats/ Match-Up Discussions

onlyrunverynoob

[08] Mercenary
6KK is an insane tool, 3A+B for stop step happy natsus (when they're in deep ofcourse), A's and highs in general need to be used sparingly since CH WR K from natsu leads to about 45% damage combo if your op can hit the just frame (natsu I play with can hit it a decent amount of the time).

Try to punish (i know you've heard it before, but its how leixia should be played), and stay safe. Locking up when they pos rush you is also very bad.

Mainly try to learn your opponents natsu's tenancies, punish with 6KK into WR mixup game, and play good soul calibur. Natsu doesnt seem like too much of a counterpick to leixia, you just gotta stay safe, and know that shes as fast as you.

-orvn

Learn when she can frame trap you with WR K... Make it a point to never eat that on CH.

Remember to not tech... EVER! Teching into a bomb is half life, avoid that at all costs.

Learn her PO transitions and know how to appropriately punish/interrupt them.

Exploit her strings where possible. So for example B,K has a slightly slower timing than BB, so you can fuzzy out of it by blocking low after the 2nd B would typically hit. If you do that properly, you never get hit by BB but you can punish BK every time

Leixia rapes Natsu! She has range advantage and can punish the heck out her set ups you need to learn Natsu frame data.

Natsu WR K can be stepped to her right your left. Punish with 3B, but if you choose to block you can punish with AA.

Natsu 66K can be punished with 6KK <-- (this move is pro vs Natsu it punishes most of her stabs as well)

Natsu's side jump horizontal attack can be punished with AA

You can AA Natsu when she does possession before she do ANYTHING.

Their speed is generally the same don't let the rushing fool you. Yes Natsu has the fastest AA in the game with an i10 AA but Leixia falls right behind with an i11 AA. It's a stepping, spacing, and punishing game with Natsu as well as bread and butter mix ups and your good to go.

You can duck the second hit of Natsu's 66B BE, and we all know how great Leixia is from FC, especially with a frame advantage.

She shouldn't be doing her full AAB string on block, but if she does we can punish with a number of things, including a CE or 6KK.

1A, which I've seen Natsu's using a lot as a low that isn't a bomb, is a horribly unsafe -26 on block. WR A+B is free and it can be blocked on reaction. I don't think this will be used a lot as people learn, but it's just something I noticed. (FC 3B instead of WR A+B) ,-- Shinji

After BB, a crouching guard avoids/blocks every string. This is one of her lead-ins to a purple bomb, so I figured I'd mention it. Better to hop the bomb but this will keep you safe I guess.

Just some random stuff I've noticed looking at the frame data and stuff. I really wish the purple bomb wasn't safe, but I figure we can learn to hop it on reaction and be careful with our ukemi and it will stop being such a huge problem... though she can still cancel the bomb whenever she wants with that high (which is, of course, also safe.)

From my current experience, Natsu's biggest annoyance is her AA series. She can punish Lexy's FC 3B and force her to guess the followup (AA6~WR K, or AAB which is unpunishable unless you JG all of her stabs... good luck with that)

If you get GIed or guard broken (she works the gauge really well also) be prepared to hand over 50% or more of your life bar with CE~airgrab.

2A will beat most PO transitions on block. And 6KK will beat all of her fakeouts into PO since it has really good range.
If you block the purple bomb it is NOT safe. You should get 6KK for free whether she POs or not. The only way for her to make it safe is if she cancels into the high just as you block it.

They are not similar in speed however, she (along with å Patroklos) almost makes Lexy look slow.

I agree.. Natsu speed and aPats are really good. I am going to make a video and full discussion on how to beat Natsu and what Lex has in her arsenal thats really good vs Natsu. I'll prolly get finished some time this week.

I would say Astaroth, because most of his punishable moves have too much pushback and knock you out of range. Not to mention the extremely high damage.

Astaroth is not her toughest matchup, he cant zone exactly like how he used to, use 66+AA, 66+BB, or 44K to get in close and STAY in his face, Leixia is safe as hell so think close combat!!!

Fighting Leixia is scary as fuck as Astaroth. You can keep backing up, but she can easily get back in your face. And as long as you're not on one of the infinite stages you'll hit a wall eventually, then your biggest advantage disappears. He can still do a shit ton of damage but with Leixia working so crazy well from FC a grab is a big risk.

Algol, Viola and ZWEI, Pyrrha and Omega all feel pretty tough. The main reason is because these guys are very good a punishing Leixia's stuff, whereas she needs to use her riskier attacks in order to get to her big damage and these guys can shut it down pretty well. Not to mention their attack rate is as high as hers, which ends up stopping Leixia's flow and momentum, making it difficult to get back into it.

Actually algol is pretty bad in this version of the game, usually he kinda comes to you lol, Zwei at close range is really slow, so if you can lock him down keep him there, his moves have hella startup frames, and pyrra, its actually hard for pyrra to get any real damage from punishing leixia, Leixia can punish most of pyrras good moves including 236B even on just frame

Leixia's toughest match up from experience thus far is Pyrrha and Viola. Omega is a tad bit slower but does more damage. Viola can be a huge problem with her pressure game. Pyrrha AA BB tactics are really good she can punish a bit of Lex good moves with i236B she has great movement and can zone and space very well. This match up is pretty even but I'd give it 6:4 in Lex favor because Lex has a better soul crush game. Lex rape Algol and ZWEI way too slow and unsafe for her. She also beats astaroth pretty badly as well as Natsu. I'm currently working on anti natsu stuff and trying to make a video as well so yeah busy with that. Will get more characters afterwards.

I think Leixia's hardest matchups in SCV are Raphael, Xiba, and Viola. I haven't run into many good Viola players yet, but she's a real problem when played correctly. Raphael's range and mixups are annoying, and he can force you to block a lot, leading to guard breaks. Xiba has range, mixups, and good damage that can be hard for Leixia to keep up with.

Which moves are you having trouble with vs Xiba and Raph? Maybe I can help you because I can assure you those two characters are no problem AT ALL. lol

Leixia can punish almost all of Natsu's bread n butter combo tactics.

FC 3B her 1A
6K, K her 6B
Duck 6B BE into FC 3B
step her WR K to her right your left punish with 3B
A, A her A+B
punish her 6A, B with 6K, K
6K, K her 66K

It might just be that I play online all the time, and have relatively little knowledge of this matchup, but when I fight a good Raphael, I always find myself getting slashed out of sidesteps and ducks when I'm trying to avoid his high pokes. His Brave Edges shred my guard, and I have trouble getting the momentum back.

As for Xiba, his pokes and sidestepping moves give me trouble. I find myself just defaulting to 2A a lot against good Xiba's because I fear getting crouched and sidestepped when I try 6KK or AA.

Viola... I just don't know a darn thing about her, and I rarely run into good Viola players, so I think it's just gonna take some time before I figure this one out.

This section is being created because I'm starting to see a lot of "what to do vs this character" posts. To prevent a thread being made for each character for anti discussion everything will posted her in this main post. This thread list Leixia's advantages/ disadvantages for each match up, as well as what she can do to punish characters moves. It may take a while to go through everyone of course but we will get it done. This will make things easier for everyone especially new comers looking to learn Leixia.

What I would like to have is volunteer for each character. Your job is to learn that character including frame data if you do not already know. I don't want too much info as we are trying to analyze every character. Just key points on how Leixia can beat that character and what she can do to overcome that characters best moves/ tactics will be fine. I will be putting "VS Natsu" thread in here and adding the information as well.

VS Natsu

I'm studying punishment for Raphael, including ducking/stepping strings, AGIing strings, etc. I'm doing it for the punishment thread but I figure that info will be helpful here as well.

Unfortunately the Raph I'm studying for doesn't actually live here, so I can't say I have, overall, a lot of Raph experience. So if someone else wants to take that data and learn the matchup, feel free.

It might just be that I play online all the time, and have relatively little knowledge of this matchup, but when I fight a good Raphael, I always find myself getting slashed out of sidesteps and ducks when I'm trying to avoid his high pokes. His Brave Edges shred my guard, and I have trouble getting the momentum back.

As for Xiba, his pokes and sidestepping moves give me trouble. I find myself just defaulting to 2A a lot against good Xiba's because I fear getting crouched and sidestepped when I try 6KK or AA.

Viola... I just don't know a darn thing about her, and I rarely run into good Viola players, so I think it's just gonna take some time before I figure this one out.

Once I get this thread taken care of I will post the Xiba data on him but right now I am having trouble with something so give me some time may be fixed tomorrow.

Back