Wavedash

babalook

[10] Knight
So ive sean many very advanced players such as chang's fd and CheeseOfTheDay use this for setsuka effectivly but ive never seen it online and i wanna no what the advantages are and if you need to have a arcade stick to make it a useful move to add to her arsenal

wave dash

It just looks cool, and it might confuse your opponent a bit, not necessary for a good setsuka player. Though after 1B:B is blocked I like to 214 dash instead of back dash, I have a feeling that it gets me out of range faster.

wave dash

The wavedash isnt necessary to succeed at higher levels, but it is a tool to create mixup opportunities and movement options unique to setsuka. The dash is a visual cue that does disguise your next move abit, but the best thing about the wavedash imo is that it strengthens her throw range and throw mixup. Since you can use any of her throws from the wave dash as well as AA, BB, 33B, etc. You can press the offense and have very damaging options your opponent must react to and defend against. I tend to use the wavedash ALOT as it can be intimidating and very rewarding if you mixup/read your opponent. It also lets you press the offense in situations when no other character could do so, so I have tried to learn when to take advantage of it. I use an arcade stick for the record, but some people are more comfortable wavedashing on pad. Use whatever you are most comfortable with if you want to experiment with it.

P.S. playing setsuka online is very hard and random at times due to the latency issues.

wave dash

Caveman is correct here. You can also use wavedash to bait and punish, as well as use it as an evasive tool. When I'm not lazy, I'll make a video showcasing the more useful ways one can use wavedash. Used in the right situations, it can be a very effective tool.

wave dash

You just need to imagine what would you do in the situation when some setska that you fighting with, wd'ing and getting closer to you.
If you will attack then it means that wd is forcing you to do some action with is good for setska because it give her some opportunities for mind games.
If you will stand and wait with block then it means that wd is forcing you to guarding with is good for setska because it give her some opportunities for mind games.
Any other of your actions also will give her some opportunities for mind games.

So like you see its just a mind games, you can win or you can loose in it. But due to the fact that setsuka have offence (we can say that) and she can change her actions in any situation (for sidestep, block, attack, backdash), she have advantage in this mind game.

It's something like mishima wd, only big differences is lack of fast low for mixup, (but she have throws with is good), and I think that sooner or later setsuka will need it in highest levels of play (just like mishima need it).

Oh, and one more thing. Her 236 214 are not that risky.
If you will get hit during them, it will count as normal hit not counter.

wave dash

Wavedashing. Hmm...don't know much about setsuka but If it's the same concept as tekken (which I play) then it isn't absolutely necessary. It's more of a fancy mind game/habit/buffer. Just looks cool. Never seen her do it though lol, gonna have to try anyway just to say I did it lol.

wave dash

so do you think you would be able to wd on a xbox controller cause iv never seen it on live and i can't do it very well

wave dash

Nice tutorial Shenrei. I usually just use the umbrella when I force a whiff with 214 dashes, I gotta try 2143A+B sometime.

wave dash

Good tut Shenrei. But imo you missed some things, like ...214~236~aG for 214 cancel, ...236 to sidestep_backdash_214 for some other movement options from it then attack. Also ...236 BB or any other move without directions:).

wave dash

nice tutorial vid, Shenrei!

Babalook: I was referring to a PS pad...I dont know about the xbox. I have seen many people wd on ps pads for tekken so I would assume it would be even easier in sc4 for setsuka since the motion is easier.

wave dash

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah Cheese, I didn't really go into a lot of detail. Though people should have an idea of what can be done. However, you're right about the 214cancel. On the plus side, I did show the ones I normally use. That whole extra range bit applies for any 2365 move as a mixup/option, even though I used a throw. I should've explained that better :X

What people don't realize is this is actually my nefarious scheme to infect and poison minds with the Chobits song.

wave dash

Cheese do you ever play online cause somone told they got destroyed online by someone named CheeseOfTheDay useing setsuka

wave dash

No, I cant play online because I have problems with my modem.
I played only one fight with some noobie [1]AA all-day asta player but it was on my friend xboxlive acc. So yes, there is a fake or some one doesn’t say true:P.

wave dash

also do you think useing a ps3 controller or arcade stick would help with all of her jfs and wavedash

wave dash

ok cause many people have told me that just attacks are alot easier on anything else but the xbox controller

Back