Weapons you wish were in Soul Calibur

You guys have no imagination. WHERE"S THE AUSSIE WIELDING A BOOMERANG?
Also, it shouldn't be limited rounds, it should be a massive reloading time to compensate long range. (Making shooting an UNSAFE move. C'mon, lets give Asta a move he can punish with 236B+K UB)

You guys have no imagination. WHERE"S THE AUSSIE WIELDING A BOOMERANG?
Also, it shouldn't be limited rounds, it should be a massive reloading time to compensate long range. (Making shooting an UNSAFE move. C'mon, lets give Asta a move he can punish with 236B+K UB)

a massive boomerang would actually be pretty cool. like that sango character from inuyasha... who actually reminds me of taki, come to think of it.

The only problem with a boomerang is what happens when you throw it and the opponent knocks you down before the boomerang returns? Does the boomerang magically follow you to the ground, or does it magically reappear in your hands? Anyone remember what happened when Link did this?

Ok, first of all, this is a weapons fighter.

EMPHASIS ON WEAPONS.

You want hand to hand, there is Tekken, DOA and VF for your 3-D fighter needs.

Anyway, on a thread in CF, I suggested and I agree with Kusarigama and no, Ivy isn't one. Whip Stance doesn't count.

Where are my dual Sais? Where are my Kali Sticks? Flails are in already but the user is LI LONG. Bring AE Li Long back for the dual flails in all their glory.

A Tri-Staffer is a long time request for the series and is still yet to come.

A Boomerang user is a nice idea indeed. A Taekwondo or a martial art that relies mostly on kicks would be nice with this one.

A Bow/Arrow user can be done as well. Legolas did something well in his portrayal, when in close fighting with the bow with good stabbing usage. It has potential.

Also, a Trident can be used as well. A new big monster a la Astaroth using a giant trident and a gladiator style could work.

My only real wish is please, no more magical weapons a la Ivy's Snake Sword and Algol's style which is mostly magic. Old school true and true real weapons, please!

Could give him a limit on the amount of bullets per round, and dictate the way he fires them. Maybe give him a aiming stance, 3 versions of it, were he can fire high, mid, or low depending on stance. Then the rest would just be him using the bayonet with maybe some throws or attack grabs using firing animations that would count towards his bullet limit.
No. Ranged weapons are stupid in this context.

Why not have a woman who fights with a kite that has blades on it? It'd be awesome to have her running around the stage to get the kite high enough to use...

You want hand to hand, there is Tekken, DOA and VF for your 3-D fighter needs.

That's why people are suggesting one hand-to-hand fighter, as a standout among weapon users.

No. Ranged weapons are stupid in this context.

That's why I suggested a character who fights primarily with close range attacks, bashing people with his gun and grappling with them. I'm basically suggesting a 16th century Solid Snake as a possible new character who wield a gun.

The only problem with a boomerang is what happens when you throw it and the opponent knocks you down before the boomerang returns? Does the boomerang magically follow you to the ground, or does it magically reappear in your hands? Anyone remember what happened when Link did this?

You're asking this question in a game called Soul Calibur? lol

I would also love to see the inclusion of Longsword + Gauntlet, using actual German swordplay. It'd be a heavily defensive/counter-offensive style based on reversals and grapples.

That actually looks really, really cool. Man, I wonder why Siegfried didn't get to do this. :-(

That's why I suggested a character who fights primarily with close range attacks, bashing people with his gun and grappling with them. I'm basically suggesting a 16th century Solid Snake as a possible new character who wield a gun.
Why a gun? Why a bow and arrow? They're not HTH weapons. If you gimp them, you're basically just making the weapon cosmetic.

- Sakabatou (reverse-bladed sword) would be cool.
- Iai-jutsu with an actual blade and not Setsuka's weenie kodachi would rock.
- Tri-section staff, great idea.
- Always wanted a character with longsword + martial arts like Xianghua, but with a more direct style. Kinda like Fayt in Star Ocean 3, for example.

Why a gun? Why a bow and arrow? They're not HTH weapons. If you gimp them, you're basically just making the weapon cosmetic.

You might be right about the gun.

But the Bow and Arrow, I can see ridiculous potential for. Basically, imagine a character who might either have a bunch of Just Frames tossed on his moveset like a salad; he hurls an enemy into the air, shoots an arrow at them, stuff like that.

His Arrows don't need massive gimping. If done right, he would have the good range, but be good enough up close. He would be an anti-staller, which would be fairly fun to play. He would be the type of character who forces your enemy to come close enough not to be hit by arrows.

You're asking this question in a game called Soul Calibur? lol
Hey, I was just asking if anybody knew how they dealt with it in Link's case. I do realize that a lot of things don't make sense in this game. Not even taking zombie pirates and bubble cannons into consideration.

You might be right about the gun.

But the Bow and Arrow, I can see ridiculous potential for. Basically, imagine a character who might either have a bunch of Just Frames tossed on his moveset like a salad; he hurls an enemy into the air, shoots an arrow at them, stuff like that.

His Arrows don't need massive gimping. If done right, he would have the good range, but be good enough up close. He would be an anti-staller, which would be fairly fun to play. He would be the type of character who forces your enemy to come close enough not to be hit by arrows.

would be fun if he was called Algol

In Link's case, the bow was not a primary weapon. He got 3 different projectile weapons. First, he had to pull out the weapon, which was done by hitting any combination of two attack buttons (the Gamecube controller is conveniently designed to do this easily). This took a few frames and it still takes a little bit for the projectile to be thrown, so you get plenty of warning. Your mobility was also drastically reduced while holding a projectile weapon.
Arrows: You could shoot it immediately, hold it a second, shoot the toes to start a combo, or shoot in the air for an aerial combo. If you shoot it straight forward, it is a guard breaker attack, and unblockable once soul charged.
Boomerang: Pretty lame, actually. High attack, difficult to aim, leaves you helpless until it returns.
Bomb: This charges while you have it held out, and becomes unblockable if you hold it long enough. Once dropped, it's a low attack that launches if hit. I might be wrong, it might be mid on some level, because I've blocked it while standing before it hits the floor.

In all cases, the projectile weapon is more trouble than it's worth, making melee combat the dominant part of the fighting style.

We've already got asian swords. Half the cast here is Asian, or else they're European with a couple rogues. You'll have to get more specific than "asian sword."

a musket would break the game

how bout a character thats in the swiss guard
fahnenwache_gr.jpg
with snazzy pants?

Kusarigama would be interesting. Ivy already kinda occupies that slot tho. (Same for whip as far as that goes)

I think a two sword style other than Cervy's swashbuckling would be interesting too. Could give it strange new game play mechanics like holding a button down to keep one or both swords "stuck" to the opponent's weapon etc. (Kind of an inverse Hilde. Designed to keep the opponent close.)

Rock should start using Bangoo as a weapon. Man Bangoo up a bit that way. (Or a big iron ball on a chain, either way. It'd help separate him further for Astaroth.)

Good suggestion with Cervantes thing but shouldnt they try to seprate astaroch further from Rock seeing that Rock came first.

I mean i think its a slap in the face that Astaroth has the moon axe as purchasable weapon.

Back