What bad habits do you have as Kilik?

Crauss

[08] Mercenary
All of us have a few bad habits when playing against certain characters or just in general. Sometimes they cost us the match b/c the opponent catches on and manages to capitalize on your mistakes. Here are some of the things that I know I should/shouldn't do but have a hard time trying to undo.

- always try to GI after Sieg's 3B, instead of using a simple K to interrupt.
- instead of jumping or MO after the 3B in Amy's 3BA, I always end up low-blocking the A. in that case, Amy can choose not to do the A and then mess me up with another mix-up.
- try to retaliate Xianghua after her BBs or any fast recovering attacks with 2A and end up eating her 44B
- I get nervous against a possession-happy taki and 90% of the time I try to GI them when they come down, sometimes they catch on and will faint it and then I would eat a combo or RO. It's hard for me to play against a taki that always dances around me coz Kilik doesn't have fast mids that could stop her and I always end up freezing at the same spot.
- when the opponent spaces and tries to bait my whiffs I always fall for it with 4B, 2A+K, 66AA, etc. Very bad habit against Mitsu, Yoshi, Ivy, and Nightmare.

- I get nervous against a possession-happy taki and 90% of the time I try to GI them when they come down, sometimes they catch on and will faint it and then I would eat a combo or RO. It's hard for me to play against a taki that always dances around me coz Kilik doesn't have fast mids that could stop her and I always end up freezing at the same spot.

66B and 1K.

I need to slow down more sometimes. I tend to never want to stop attacking, like whenever I'm at disadvantage I'll try to use 1B or 4B+K or 214 in order to evade and counter. It works too much vs scrubs so.

I also have a bad habbit of attack too vertically when my opponent is constantly stepping.

vs Siegfried I tend to let his stance mix up freeze me up and end up not punishing easy stuff.

I keep accidentally using 66AA for no real reason at all =\. I also don't Asura enough. Also my 'stance dance' gets me killed sometimes.

I keep using 4A for no reason....

and spamming BB when his BB sucks. I think that's from playing cass/soph too much.

My bad habits are using Mo near the edge of the ring my theory is to use mo A, or FOTD, but they always roll be hind me while im stuck like that xD and get a free move.. usually a ring out, i try to do 2_8 B+k to jump to teh side, but for some reason makes me do mo k... which is self ring out lolz.. Also when I try to shake a stun.. (I do complete circles to shake) i end up dong MO or BP MO.. so either my MO GI, or i get hit yay me. Guess I should learn to do 4 6 shake break, but.. damn u muscle memory ha ha

66B and 1K.

If you're suggesting a counter to Taki's 214 -> 236, A/B and its follow ups, 66B doesnt work at all. I usually have to avoid it by stepping back or do a low GI.
My bad habits are using Mo near the edge of the ring my theory is to use mo A, or FOTD, but they always roll be hind me while im stuck like that xD and get a free move.. usually a ring out, i try to do 2_8 B+k to jump to teh side, but for some reason makes me do mo k... which is self ring out lolz.. Also when I try to shake a stun.. (I do complete circles to shake) i end up dong MO or BP MO.. so either my MO GI, or i get hit yay me. Guess I should learn to do 4 6 shake break, but.. damn u muscle memory ha ha

when your opponent is at the edge, I think its much better to use BP instead of MO ;)

i use a lot 3BB
maybe i love too much this laucnher, the problem is that unsafe (the second move is not really safe)

I gotta say my worst bad habit in general is not compensating for less than optimal connections therefore f'ing up my GB Asura, Asura as a whole, combos, etc. Not very Kilik specific, and I'm good at trying to adjust to <=300ms~ ping times, but I just forget... I'm happy enough to stun a scrub in their lag as it is lol

Not enough turtle iWS B.
Trying to Asura over lows on reaction that I know have a good chance to still hit me anyway (Night 1A or Cass 1A).
Not enough turtle iWS B.
Doing too much FC 3B the moment I get in While Standing.
Not enough turtle iWS B.
Not playing SCIV enough to work out the above.

Not enough turtle iWS B.
Trying to Asura over lows on reaction that I know have a good chance to still hit me anyway (Night 1A or Cass 1A).
Not enough turtle iWS B.
Doing too much FC 3B the moment I get in While Standing.
Not enough turtle iWS B.
Not playing SCIV enough to work out the above.
All of that too.

love kilik's down a... brings me back to sc2 days... which is my bad habit.
i keep thinking i'm playing sc2 kilik and doing things i would normally do with sc2...
and they dont' work in sc4..... so i'm fucking screwed...

(madnis never has nor will he ever do numbers... in relation to sc.)

Back