What characters you want added to SCV?

I'd pay $500 to be able to cancel Natsu's EXC super, just sayin'.

Not a Talim player, but definitely think she should both be in the game and that the fans of her deserve it.

It's more about the slots that they could have went to versus why they aren't in.

3 sword and shield styles one of which doesn't belong to lizard man, followed by three mimics.

I'd say some fans of characters from last game have a right to be frustrated.

I don't see any Necrid, Link, Spawn, Heihachi, Assassin, Berserker, Vader, Yoda, or Apprentice fans complaining.

I don't see any Necrid, Link, Spawn, Heihachi, Assassin, Berserker, Vader, Yoda, or Apprentice fans complaining.
Quite honestly I don't think any of those characters were previous in a previous iteration.

However I am one of those people that would like all those movesets to return

A hell of a lot of interest for Talim it would seem! I had no idea she was so popular. I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say the only two characters that I used online in SCIV, Yun-Sung and Zasalamel. Thanks Project Soul for removing the two characters I use the most!

Hwang should make a return too (i.e. the Hwang fighting style from SCIII).

They should add some completely new characters. No more S&S unless it's Tower Shield and Bastard Sword (or something besides short sword and small shield). I would like a true dual weilding style that focuses on frame traps or something, and a long sword user. :D

But if they had to add something old I would just say Talim, Zas, or Yun. They're the most unique out of the older styles that were left out.

How about we leave the past in the past and get 2 new characters?

We got two new characters in SCIV and we all know how that went. I'm not saying new characters are bad I'm just pointing out for someone who cares about the core gameplay you should want movelists that are tournament viable. Why risk getting completely asinine unwinnable characters or broken monstrosities when there are already several movelists which are completely viable and already have an established player base?

I get that you hate casual players and want to see characters removed just to see them upset. What I don't get is why you seem willing to go to that length at the potential expense of having an superior game?

Innovation is tantamount to keeping the series fresh. I'd rather take the risk of innovation than more of the same old shit (See T6: 40 movelists of the same old shit). Also, old movelists aren't a safety net in a game where the core system has changed so much. Wouldn't a new movelist taking into consideration the new facets of the engine be inherently better (and at less risk of translation brokeness) than cobbling in an old one? Of the 100% new styles we got, Patroklos, ZWEI and Viola... not a single one of them approaches broken.

I also tend find the same people complaining about "we want a better story" are unwilling to let characters be removed. You can't have it both ways, folks. Someone has to die/get removed/have no point to be there and be removed.

I lost all 3 of my tournament mains in the transition from 4 to 5, you don't see me bitching about emotional attachment to a fictional character. It's just ridiculous.

All jokes aside, new and old characters could and should have been inserted. As much as I love Cassy, I would/do understand her not being included since there are other S&S characters. However the roster is thin compared to other fighters.

They not only removed fan favorites but gave no substitutes. What they did do with some of the ones they replaced was manipulate existing moves and all together take some out.

Other fighters have been able to include new and old. I don't see why not SCV.

UMVC3 went the way of mostly new, and again, as much as I love that game and my X23, well we see what "new" characters did to the sales of that game.

Other fighters have been able to include new and old. I don't see why not SCV.

I actually give games like SC5, BlazBlue, etc for having a quality cast over a quantity cast. We don't really need 6 S&S characters. Certainly don't need Taki and Natsu in the same game. Patsuka and Setsuka would be silly.

SC5 could've easily bumped it's roster but chose to stick with a smaller set of character with very well defined and different styles. It seems like they went quite far out of their way to remove extras like most of Yoshimitsu's and Ivy's stances, while landing moves, etc, etc. It seems pretty streamlined on mechanics and unique fighters.

I totally agree on the S&S, as much as I miss Cassy. My biggest issue is the removal of things. Moves, characters. I just don't understand the logic behind it. Maybe I'm missing something.

With that said, I still absolutely love the game.

If I wanted styles refreshed and polished for SCV, I'd choose Zas and Talim styles. Some people love that scythe and elbow blades. And imho, those are the only styles worth coming back.

If I wanted styles refreshed and polished for SCV, I'd choose Zas and Talim styles. Some people love that scythe and elbow blades. And imho, those are the only styles worth coming back.

You refered to yourself as I instead of Pocky-Yoshi? FOR SHAME!

You refered to yourself as I instead of Pocky-Yoshi? FOR SHAME!

Pocky Yoshi is sorry......

meanie.jpg

Back