what do you use to punish

I use BB mostly, B6 if the opponent is too far (ex: after Kilik's 22B) and 11BA if I'm really prepared (as it's kinda harder to do it fast enough). And then for the very punishable moves: 3B. As for the whiffs, 8wayrun A+B if I can, 2KB otherwise. I used to do 22_88B, but it's very unreliable.
2B and the kick moves are faster than BB, but they're so weak I didn't mention them.

Top wiff punishers
#1 k:B is the best wiff punisher mitsu has, it is also useful to punish blocked moves like astaroth A+B on mid-close range, Voldo 66A+B etc.
#2 b:A is useful to punish exremely long range wiffs (no AT , 29 dmg),
#3 66BB, no Oki, but great range and dmg.
#4 4KB worse than all the above, but easier.
#5 8wrA+B has the best range and good damage, hard to set up though.

For punishing unsafes theres not much to choose from, 6K is probably the best in terms of speed/advantage.

would i have to do the JF k:b or will regular do belial?

i am asking about punishing because i was looking for something that did more damage than b,b.

punishment is dictated by what your opponent is left at on guard. So if "x" move leaves me at -21 on guard, you can choose to punish with BB if you want. I would try to maximize the damage within the time frame allowed. There is no cut and paste answer on what to use for punishment.

First off, Mistu demands just as much skill as any other character to play WELL. That said ...

Experience is all that you need to help figure out what to use and when. If you had to make a static punishing move though, other than BB, I would have to say 2KB. Granted this only works within range, but you should be fighting mid to close range anyway. Now, I am not saying to go full bore throwin that out at every chance, but add it to your arsenal for potential punishment, close range. You don't want people to start reading that your are going to use that. If it connects, you have a grounded opponent and the wake up game begins. If you are long range and you can see the whiff coming ,setup 1B. Again, if it connects, you have a grounded opponent and the wake up game begins.

Personally, I like throwin the occasional unblockable (either of Mitsu's with different timing) out after either option. You might just catch someone blinded by the pretty flames.

smilingsaint: both hits of kB are only guaranteed on normal hit if you do JF version. normal KB is not only unusable as punishent but also 1frame slower than JF k:B

As far as I'm playing I believe k:B is essential in Mitsu game

k:b is also good for people back pedaling but even with the jf version I have seen people able to block the second hit even after the 1st has hit. Extremely frustrating. Also who the hell came up with these frame rates. Where is mitsu's litttle guaranteed quick poke. Asty has his rising knee, Sig has 3b (don't get me started on that!) Nightmare has his punch or that little front kick..etc. It makes no sense that these characters have moves that can still hit Mitsu even after block. He has nothing that can really be used affectively to punish. You may get a quick poke but it's definitely not guaranteed most of the time. Extremely frustrating.

k:b is easy....very very easy. Both on a controller and on a stick. There really shouldn't be a reason you can't take the tiny bit of time to learn to flick your finger (thumb or other finger of choice) from k to B fast enough for the just to come out. Most people just shoot themselves down before they even try and it leads them to never get better. b:A is the same deal. Just a matter of taking the TINY amount of time to learn it and you should be a-okay :). If a scrub like ME can do it...everyone on this site should be able to get it down :)

Yeah... it's not quite hard to do at all. As a funny side note, I had a few problems with k:b first! I couldn't find an appropiate position for my fingers and I was suffering as hell :D but again as GATOR said, it's just a matter of time and practice. That's it.

This may be out of subject though... I love to use FC 1A+B every now and then. It's slow and unsafe, however it's not something I have seen commonly in Mitsu players.

EDIT: Nevermind ¬¬ FC 1A+B does NOT combo into 1B.

Once again, Mitsu's moves are used to keep your opponent guessing. If you're crouching and continually use his rising moves or come up GI'ing or blocking, FC 1A+B is something you can throw in to sweep them off their feet. If you do that a few times that will either cause your opponent to duck try an ill advised fast attack to launch you, or back away from you. Like I said it's all about keeping them guessing. That's the only tactic Mitsu can really do successfully.

Whenever I get a constant blocker, I hit 'em with the :1::A:, It's a fast and dynamic sweep that they almost never see coming. And if that doesn't work, throw in a :B: for good measure along the lines of a guard-breaker.

Whenever I get a constant blocker, I hit 'em with the :1::A:, It's a fast and dynamic sweep that they almost never see coming. And if that doesn't work, throw in a :B: for good measure along the lines of a guard-breaker.

i play online and 1aB is easy to see once you have the blue lightning . it's an easy GI . sorry .

punishment is dictated by what your opponent is left at on guard. So if "x" move leaves me at -21 on guard, you can choose to punish with BB if you want. I would try to maximize the damage within the time frame allowed. There is no cut and paste answer on what to use for punishment.

wow i just remembered you from like a year ago and i thought you were awsome then you disapeared or atleast everyone that knew you gave me that answer :) whats up

wow i just remembered you from like a year ago and i thought you were awsome then you disapeared or atleast everyone that knew you gave me that answer :) whats up

Man I haven't seen this cat in over a year and a half. He was beastly on Live. If he would've kept up with this game I would have loved to see him and Belial go at it.

Man I haven't seen this cat in over a year and a half. He was beastly on Live. If he would've kept up with this game I would have loved to see him and Belial go at it.

ya luckboxdonk to he randomly came back on about 4months ago under another account and told me how he won a small local tourney by trying to copy belials play style to bad there ghosts :)

ya luckboxdonk to he randomly came back on about 4months ago under another account and told me how he won a small local tourney by trying to copy belials play style to bad there ghosts :)

Yeah, he was pretty good too but goddamn could he whine. Lol! He always had a habit of making some off the wall rules and shit. If he was playing with Mitsu or someone he'd complain all about ringouts if he was playing Hilde he'd kick anyone trying to pick a stage. His rules changed as his players changed. But overall a good guy.

BUUUUUUMP for awesomeness

I've separated punishement into tiers, yes punishment-tiers...
W-Tier = usually characters posessing attacks of i11 or faster can punish at W-Tier with them
X-Tier = punishing with the fastest attack from Neutral, usually i13~i15
Y-Tier = punishment considered to be between about i16 to i20
Z-Tier = can be punished by moves i20 or higher
(Yes some Tiers overlap depending on the character)

Well, for Mitsurugi, I figure it like this:
X-Tier = K*2A*FC 2A*WR K
Y-Tier = 6K*66K*k:B*b6*3B*FC 3B
Z-Tier = A+B:B*a+b[6]*b:A*4K*66BB

Maybe you can tweek this Belial??? Hope it helps...

Back