What Has Made you Rage the Most in SC Games?

Psykai

[12] Conqueror
Thought I'd try my hand at making a topic (mostly because I'm bored!)

We've all been there (unless you have the patience of a Saint...) where something in the game just pisses you off to the point of no return as the red mist descends over your eyes and your body trembles with rage...

My question to you lovely people is: what are some of the biggest rage moments you have had whilst playing Soul Calibur and how far were you pushed? (did you throw anything? break anything?)

For me I've actually forgotten most of mine but it's often the AI because I'm not very good at the games and thus often get my ass handed to me. Certain characters though...

In SCIV, I dreaded fighting Seong Mina because she would constantly spam this overhead strike that, despite my best efforts, I could never avoid, and she'd sometimes even trap me on the ground with it. The worst part was that, in that game, it felt like vertical slashes could track you horizontally (kinda removes the point of separating the two, right?) so even when I side-stepped or rolled out of the way, I'd get to watch as her body rotated to follow me and hit me anyway. I used to scream bloody murder at her.

Cervantes and Astaroth used to make me mad too. Me and my friend used to call the move where he slides his axe on the ground (usually if you're laying down) the "shovel your ass" move XD.

The Apprentice was the only character to make me scream into a pillow and throw my controller though. I seriously feel like Namco were just sucking his d**k because there was no reason to make him as ridiculously OP as he was in Arcade. Algol was a pansy compared to him. Someone on the team must've REALLY liked The Force Unleashed...

In fact, so many of the characters in SCIV pissed us off that we had childish 'hate names' for each one, usually replacing part of their name with 'ass' or something. Asstaroth, Cervantass, Sl*t-Meanie, Xiangwh*re, Sh*temare, etc.

In SCV, Lizardman was one of my biggest grievances I think (that B,B,B tho...) and A.Pat too (that style always has horrendously evil AI) but nothing pissed me off more than Kilik, especially in Legendary Souls. Add that to his sh*t-eating grin and "It's fate, you weren't meant to win" when he wins and it's like he KNOWS what he's doing. The only thing that pissed me off more than him was Edge Master in that mode, but I'm pretty sure that's true for everyone, lol.

The funniest moment happened when I was Skyping with a friend and we were both playing (but not with each other) and whilst I was fighting Ezio in the Arcade, he kept grabbing me over and over (like legit, that's all he did, like his AI just got stuck) and one of the things I'm useless at is breaking throws, so I just kept falling for it and eventually I screamed something like "STOP GRABBING ME YOU GRAPPLING PIECE OF SH*T" which sent my friend into hysterics and now she won't let me live that moment down XD.

I believe I raged at the final Elysium battle in the Story Mode too. Badly. Pretty sure things were thrown.

I'm a little annoyed I couldn't remember any more specific moments. How about you guys? Anything particularly funny happen during a good ol' ragefest?

(Sorry if this topic is boring or been done before, I was just bored. Mods can delete it if they want)

Back in sc4 days when I was new to soulcalibur playing it with friends I got one of my mates that mad about losing one day he ejected the disk, put it in the game case, opened the front door and flung the case like a frizby across the street lol

(It was his disk so I just found it haliarous)

I remember afterwards me running to get it back, bringing it back inside and saying to my other mates quietly 'I think we should play this later' XD

I usually don't get too salty in actual matches. Single player is another story.

Trying to get all the Olcaden weapons ("The Ancient") in SC3 was a pain. I really wanted all of them, but couldn't lose any fights in the story path. Once I got to my least used characters, this became incredibly aggravating. I think my file is still missing two of them (Yun Seong and Tira?). So annoying.

CPU input reading as a substitute for difficulty. That's what makes me mad.
This.

It's so obvious too. They hit you out of your move before your character even starts animating a lot of the time. It's ridiculous and unfair. How can you outmatch something that cheats by default?

I wonder if it's hard to make them not respond to your input until your character actually performs the attack or something. I'll be curious to see if it's any better in SCVI (I'ma guess not...)

This.

It's so obvious too. They hit you out of your move before your character even starts animating a lot of the time. It's ridiculous and unfair. How can you outmatch something that cheats by default?

I wonder if it's hard to make them not respond to your input until your character actually performs the attack or something. I'll be curious to see if it's any better in SCVI (I'ma guess not...)
I found in SC4 was worse on the hardest difficultly as you couldn't even do any highs without them ducking perfectly as if it was see able...

This.

Having made AI, it shouldn't be. It's not hard to simulate reaction time either.

One of the most annoying things about replaying SCIII over the last few days is the typical 100% perfect AI that shuts off completely on a random basis based on difficulty. You have to just sit there until they allow you to hit them.

I usually don't really rage when i play SC or other FG, but i really hate it and i can rage hell a lot when i play online and the match become laggy...

I got eliminated from a tournament solely due to it being held in a venue that was like 100 degrees with no air conditioning.

I could not concentrate, being the pampered bourgeois man of stature that I am, because it was so god damned hot.

The matches I played didn’t even occur in my mind. I would sit down to play, and then return back to the stream of conciousness once it was done without ever realizing I had played the match. It was awful.

I give it up to the people who beat me as they were far more rugged individuals than I, but even after all these years I’m still salty about that tournament.

I had to take a moment to go through the list, but I suppose if I had to choose, it would be the whiffing issues Namco seems incapable of fixing. This is especially true for supposedly "guaranteed" combo follow-ups and whiff punishment that is turned around on you just because some stupid little moe bitch in a dress has a hitbox 3 pixels wide.

The salt still burns.

Back