what is this new world

hardwire

[08] Mercenary
hello every one Im new here and my name is hardwire
im a very active memeber of test your might and they said for sc5 yall were the place to be.

any way ill keep this short as possible.
I have not played a sc sence 2 i just got into 5 on a whim (gut feelings are good sometimes)
and i like to play in tornaments, so this brings me to my only real question. Ive followed some of the bans that have been on sc4 for tornaments and I need to know who is or will be banned from compotition. I am also trying to find a main and an alt, Asteroth is looking really good as my main but now i want some one that is nice and fast and very very tricky on the mix ups.
any help will be appresiated.

TL:DR= Who banned will be banned and who should i main and alt

Welcome to 8Wayrun!
Your friends at testyourmight are right.
This site is pretty much the premier site for all soul calibur activities.

You can read up on banning in SC4 here.
http://8wayrun.com/threads/critical-edge-a-brief-history-of-banning.10035/

Currently in SC5, Dampiere is banned because he's not accessible to a lot of people (exclusive DLC)
and Devil Jin because he's a create a character only.

I see Dampierre being unbanned as soon as he's released to the public.
We're not sure what the tournament holders are going to do in the long term future with Devil Jin.
For now I would stay away from those two characters if you play to go to tournaments.

thanks for having me and thanks for the explination (I guess i wont be seeing dr doom at tornaments lol)

um onto the second part of my question

being as I do plan on playing in tornaments has any fighter rissen to the top as obvious top teir (yes yes i know teir **** (not sure of yalls cursing rules lol))

The game seems pretty balanced right now and it is hard to discuss tier list after only 1 week of release.
However, I believe the general consensus is that Natsu is a tier above everyone else at the moment.
This is something the strategy guide mentioned and many of us tend to agree.

The game seems pretty balanced right now and it is hard to discuss tier list after only 1 week of release.
However, I believe the general consensus is that Natsu is a tier above everyone else at the moment.

Knee-jerk reactions tend to be more common than subtlety when everyone starts pointing fingers at someone and saying they're top-tier. I don't know if I'd say she's a tier above everyone else. She has a lot of trouble with Mitsu, Nightmare and a couple others. Without PO sidestep she loses a lot of PO functionality. On top of that she basically relies on people playing unsafely around her. When people realize that, she's already going to be in enough trouble.

If you mess with her at all she will plummet to Taki level low teirness. Let us not start declaring tiers after a week eh? People think her damage output is high because they don't know her that well yet and blunder into things. When people recognize her tactics she'll probably get away with her tricks so rarely that the high damage will make a LOT of sense. Whittling her down now will only make her trash later. You finally got it right devs. The balance seems good. Let it be... just you let it be.

Back