What kind of characters would you like to see in future SC games?

Do you want to see Ashlotte in Soul Calibur six?

• Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters
What do you guys think of SoulCalibur having a werewolf character? I was thinking that Z.W.E.I.'s moveset could be reworked into a new character but instead of summoning a wolf spirit, the character attacks with a mix of Kreuzgriff and ghost claw slashes. This character could be the human form of E.I.N. since we're going back to the timeline of the original SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II and Z.W.E.I. would be too young.

Similar to how Kilik could transform in SoulCalibur VI, E.I.N. could have a wolf form which would give him access to new moves. We could maybe even repurpose Spawn's moves into this wolf form since he had some breakdance looking moves that would look really cool to see a werewolf do.

This also wouldn't be too far off since we already have a vampire in Raphael, a lizardman in Aeon, a golem in Astaroth, a ghost pirate in Cervantes, and whatever the hell Voldo is. Just think of Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers but with a sword tonfa thing.

A reworked concept off of Valkenhayn to fit the 3D sphere could be neat and logically fit into SC.

People have been wanting something like this for a while. Prior to SC5 i knew a lot of people wanted a crystal ball magician and a summoner/puppet master of sorts. We got both of those last game. I think they combined the concept of werewolf with the summoner idea and Zwei was the result of that. So i dont think they'll revisit this concept.

I was thinking, suppose the first wave of DLC does well, do you think we could possibly get ashlotte for sc6 Also, according to the wiki, she appeared on the chain of souls in broken destiny(can anyone confirm this?), Which means that she appears by name in at least three games, and is playable in one right? That's more than some one-shot characters. Plus she actually has a (small) bearing on the story, at least implied. Surely BAMCO could ask ogure ito for the rights to the character? It's not that far off.

Last edited:
I rather enjoyed Ashlotte's design, though Astaroth's style seems a BIT excessive with her.
If she has a unique moveset, maybe something like doing ballet twirls or something while positioning her enemies instead of throwing them around, idk.

She just seems too refined to be that aggressive, but she's definitely a neat idea.

Wouldnt mind if they brought her back with an actual robot like style. Similar to alisa just actually cool this time around.

I'm not familiar with Tekken but on the rare occasion i play it, Alisa is the character i usually select.

I suppose Ashlotte could do something similar with her own body as several weapons. That would effectively make her similar to Algol which is great for me but i dont know that a lot of people would like that. Or they could just give her a large spear-like weapon that she had and just do interesting things with it.

We really are talking about a brand new character at this point which is good. This might actually help her chances if i think about it. Since this is a retelling, PS doesn't have to shoehorn characters who never existed and just use a previous bonus character who was somewhat popular and make it "feel" brand new with a different moveset.

I'm not familiar with Tekken but on the rare occasion i play it, Alisa is the character i usually select.

I suppose Ashlotte could do something similar with her own body as several weapons. That would effectively make her similar to Algol which is great for me but i dont know that a lot of people would like that. Or they could just give her a large spear-like weapon that she had and just do interesting things with it.

We really are talking about a brand new character at this point which is good. This might actually help her chances if i think about it. Since this is a retelling, PS doesn't have to shoehorn characters who never existed and just use a previous bonus character who was somewhat popular and make it "feel" brand new with a different moveset.
This is so true imo, characters like Ashlotte, Valeria, Dürer, Solnhofen etc. All have space to be in the game as more important characters with their own actual moveset, and each have their own lore and potential, I feel Ashlotte and Valeria would be great starts, and Dürer has space to be a character as well. Maybe edge daddy IS Dürer.

I feel that Soul Calibur roster needs some diversity. Almost all characters are either from Western Europe or the Sinic world (ie: China, Korea, Japan). We don't have characters from Eurasian Steppe, Middle East - North Africa, South Asia, Sub - Saharan Africa, or Meso - America. Only character I can think of, that is outside the two main cultural world is Talim, who's from South East Asia.

What I would like to see is

1) A Central American warrior with a Macuahuitl. Maybe recycling some of Darth Vader's moves.

265365357778c7543e02db9aab198d4c.jpg

2) A steppe warrior with a mace and shield or sabre and shield. Recycling Link's moves.

First example is a Mongols woman, second example is a Cuman man.
Queen_Anu,_Portrait_by_Dolgoon.JPG

Cuman_Warrior.jpg

3) A Mangbatu warrior with dual Mambele knives

931296614-1024x1024.jpg
main-qimg-44e45bbaa70bec7f4f060e08f915a1bf-c.jpeg

4) A Sikh warrior with a urumi whip sword

Sikhs_with_chakrams.jpg
Kalaripayattu_weapons_thumb[1].jpg

I would also like to see Arthur reinvented with a Odachi

Nodachi 2.jpg

I would like to see Gilgamesh from The Tower of Druaga.

latest

This is the game he appeared in...

Last edited:
I don't know. I'm trying to think of a character that would fit but all I can draw is Dark Souls.

If you didn't already know, SoulCalibur III had Gilgamesh CaS parts, so it wouldn't be entirely impossible they could return.

I would take any number of Tales characters, though, especially Jade Curtiss, Rita Mordio, Rose Rose is Rose, Zaveid, or Eizen.

I've said this before, but I'd prefer crossover costumes to guest characters. This means more space on the roster for returning SC characters and fewer one-time-use movesets. Dead or Alive had some crossover outfits with SNK, ArcSys, Falcom, Gust and Marvelous; which I thought looked way more interesting than the typical bikini fare.

And while all these costumes would be available as CAS parts to mix and match as you would, I think it would help sell it if they also acted as additional outfits for the main cast. Outside of marketing purposes, it would allow them to be used in tournaments.

From Tales of...
Taki as Velvet
Mitsurugi as Rokurou
Groh as Eizen
Tira as Magilou
Mi-Na as Eleanor
Talim as Rita
Siegfried as Jade

From Dark Souls
Siegfried as Artorias (pre-Abyss)
Nightmare as Artorias (Abyss version)
Groh as Ornstein
Astaroth as Smough
Ivy as Priscilla
Lizardman as the Gaping Dragon

From Tekken
Kilik as Jin (with a Devil Jin Soul Charge)
Xianghua as Xiaoyu
Maxi as Law
Hwang as Hwoarang
Mi-Na as Asuka
Ivy as Lili
Rock as King
Astaroth as Armor King
Lizardman as Alex
Yoshimitsu as Yoshimitsu... Hey, waitaminute

From other Namco titles
Siegfried as Gilgamesh
Sophitia as Valkyrie (a better character fit for the character than Cassandra was)
Talim as Klonoa

Chosen Undead / Champion of Ash with a Soul of Cinder-esque moveset where they have "stances" that determine which weapon set they have equipped, incorporating the vast majority of playstyles from Dark Souls into its moveset. Straight sword and shield by default, spear and miracle catalyst, sorcery catalyst and dagger, curved sword and pyromancy flame, etc. Something like that would be my absolute dream guest character.

Besides that, Artorias would be acceptable, though Nightmare and Siegfried are kinda already cornering the market on the "big sword haver" angle. This concern extends for Cloud and Guts, also.

Roronoa Zoro could potentially be real interesting. Probably just keep him as Ittoryu/Nitoryu by default, and give him a Santoryu stance with dangerous followups like Groh's split stance. Maybe a Shishi Sonson revenge move/attack throw similar to Yoshi's bA. Asura Ichibugin could be pretty cool for a Critical Edge, but I think Shishi Sonson would look a lot cooler with proper presentation. Soul Charge could just be a constant Santoryu state, adding additional hits to strings akin to other characters, or cancels into Santoryu moves straight from strings rather than having to pause from going into stance. Plenty of move possibilities, interesting potential for a moveset and design, incredibly easy to write him into the story, and a very popular character from a very popular franchise. I'd say he's a pretty solid pick.

I think it's probably unlikely, but given Geralt's presence, I could potentially see the protagonists of Nioh or Sekiro getting in. While I haven't played much of Nioh, I know the main character uses a wide variety of weapons. It'd be cool to see some kusarigama representation, maybe an odachi or something. Sekiro's protagonist has the potential to do some pretty wild shit as well, if the trailer is anything to go by.

Another one that could potentially be interesting, although not a Bamco property, is a Monster Hunter character, though, that'd require Capcom to willingly dip their hand into a competitor's game. I mean, they did it for Tekken, so why not? MHW is Capcom's greatest financial success in the history of the company, so a Monster Hunter character could potentially draw some much-needed attention to our beloved series.

2B's definitely the most wished-for guest I've seen, but I personally think there's a lot more interesting choices.

Back