What kind of characters would you like to see in future SC games?

Do you want to see Ashlotte in Soul Calibur six?

• Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 55.4%

• Total voters
I'm hoping for a new lady to join the roster in VI. Something like a female Aztec warrior would amazing.
This! All of this! But then again, knowing SoulCalibur VI nearing its completion in four months, that seems unlikely, especially if the other new character is Grøh's father.

This! All of this! But then again, knowing SoulCalibur VI nearing its completion in four months, that seems unlikely, especially if the other new character is Grøh's father.
To be fair we don't know if there's only two new characters or not (Vergeben didn't know how many there are). It'd be kind of lame if the only newcomers are Groh and his dad.

We need someone that uses a morning star
tumblr_oo5nvurvc01vnq1cro1_500.gif

Like full on Gogo Yubari from kill bill! That would be such a cool style.

• Johan Dürer has been around in SoulCalibur lore for ages but yet to be given a unique appearance. We have Geralt for now but I would really like to see a user of a Longsword that isn't comically large, actually a whip sword, or used like a tonfa.
  • Dampierre's crew member Alphard has a really neat set of weapons and a unique look to SoulCalibur that makes me want him to be playable.
  • My most wanted character is Bangoo. Rock is the character that got me into the series in Soul Edge. Particularly because he was like a Berserker with his bear hood. Since then they sorta crapped on the character, and really he doesn't fit well into the series, being a weird pastiche of William Adams who crash landed in the New World instead of Japan and for some reason became a Cave Man while he has a Native American son. (Can you imagine "Dad, please, put a shirt on or something, you're embarrassing me"). I'd like to see Rock retire and for Bangoo to take over as the representative of the New World. I'd also like to see him not be a gimped clone of Astaroth, instead opting to give him a unique moveset. Ideally a Hatchet/Tomahawks.
  • Another potential representative of the New World would be to tie in the Lost Colony of Roanoke to Soul Calibur lore by having it be the result of the Evil Seed. I imagine a Witch Hunter-like combatant with a Saber and Torch, or Crossbow and a zealous drive for revenge and to rid the world of Soul Edge.
  • A representative of the Ottoman Empire as a rival to Sophitia and her family. The Ottoman Empire was absolutely MASSIVE at the time, and yet they are unrepresented besides the Alexandras who are really fully (ancient) Greek. This concept art of an cut character fits the bill.
  • Another Ottoman representative could be a Barbary Corsair with a history tied to Cervantes' background as a Spanish Privateer.
  • A Middle Eastern representative with a somewhat exotic weapon (I'd have chosen Katar or Chakram if they weren't already technically taken) would be cool. Maybe an assassin character like Silat from Berserk, with a curved dagger, or another cut character who fits the bill.
  • A new African would be neat. I imagine one with one of those fucked up monster knives like the Mambele or Kpinga.
  • I'd really like to see the Kusarigama get some use in the series (proper use, the one in SCIII CaS was a really shoddy implementation. It would also be a cool way to bring back Li Long without having two Nunchaku users. He already has blades on his Nunchaku and you could just say he learned the Kusarigama in his time with the Fūma Clan.
  • I would also really like someone to use a Rifle (+ Bayonet), it's the end of the 16th Century after all. Maybe a Japanese mercenary with a Tanegashima like Samurai Warriors' version of Magoichi Saika.
  • A Rajput from India with an Urumi would be pretty cool.

• My most wanted character is Bangoo. Rock is the character that got me into the series in Soul Edge. Particularly because he was like a Berserker with his bear hood. Since then they sorta crapped on the character, and really he doesn't fit well into the series, being a weird pastiche of William Adams who crash landed in the New World instead of Japan and for some reason became a Cave Man while he has a Native American son. (Can you imagine "Dad, please, put a shirt on or something, you're embarrassing me"). I'd like to see Rock retire and for Bangoo to take over as the representative of the New World. I'd also like to see him not be a gimped clone of Astaroth, instead opting to give him a unique moveset. Ideally a Hatchet/Tomahawks

• Return the Bangoo - this is a very good option to please the most mass buyer of this game.
    But a small poll showed - the offer to make a wolf native amerian (Indian) to this buyer did not like.
    From several proposed options, he most of all liked the proposal to make a Bangoo similar to Mowgli, and a Rock similar to Tarzan or Conan (do not forget that in their first versions, Tarzan and Conan were very similar to Mowgli)
    Also, with all due respect, I note that in this game there is no good Indian hero. The authors of the game confirm that the Kilik is Indian, but it does not look like an Indian with face features or skin color

Considering Groh's father is a woman I don't think you have to worry. Kappa

I would like someone that mostly fights with their hands and feet, but has weapons that upon using have great application and are dropped or thrown after that one time. I would like a character that really has to consider the whole arena and having someone that plays chess trying to get back to their weapon would be a fun way.

Also, someone with a great suit of armor. Just gets to apply more buffs to their armor in some way. Kind of like Bui from YYH.

Dark Templar type, villian, female for no reason other than SC6 still appears to be a bit of a sausage fest at the moment.

Publicly an authoritive officer whos official mission is to locate and eliminate Soul Edge or any residual fragments of it. Is secretly after both swords in an attempt to consolidate power and influence for her church.

Apprarance resembles a Templar with a tabard, maybe a brest plate and chain-mail. I'd like to see a helmet too because almost no one in this game sports headgear. Obviously with a little more style and flair to the outfit than a typical, generic Templar. Something we would expect to see on a SC character. Of course with dark colors to match her hidden, dark agenda.

Weapon appears to be a standard looking mace or scepter. Not overly large or long. Something that she can one-hand but generally swings and attacks two handed anyway (no shield). The weapon is dual purpose in that it functions as a catalyst for some additional magic or ranged attacks. Maybe the "head" portion fires out like a crossbow of sorts then returns. Not sure exactly but something other than "just a mace".

Her general gameplay mechanic revolves around absorbing/destroying opponents' meter. Landing certain attacks will accomplish it, like auto GIs or command grabs or whatever.

The gist of her storymode play will be absorbing fragments of Souledge and Soulcalibur from various characters with the entire swords being the ultimate goal.

soulcalibur-6-talim-shot-04-jpg.49921

So, when Talim got released, this image popped up here in the forums and it got be really interested on this chapter of Sophitia's story. "Sophitia VS Rothion" obviously indicates a fight with Sophitia's husband (or husband-to-be), but since this is too obvious to be a leak of a main character from the roster (specially because Rothion never did much aside marrying Sophie and giving her children), it seems like he will be one of those lesser characters made for story purposes with a moveset that mimics someone of the main roster. I wonder how will this happen, will he and other characters in the same situation have unique models? Will they be CaS made? Will we have a Bonus Character slot like in SC3 and SC4? Will they have templates for CaS if possible? Who else is gonna appear like that?

They already did this in SoulCalibur IV, the companions who would be with you and/or fought against in story mode. The hope can exist that they would be unlockable, at the very least in template form, but perhaps as a Bonus Characters slot if, like in SoulCalibur IV, despite being creations, some of them can't be recreated faithfully, due to them bending the rules to accomplish things that you can't replicate, like Valmiro (wears Aculeus Suit that doesn't overwrite other creation parts) and Marienbard (wears Belle Gloves that don't clip/get overwritten by the sleeves), and/or having non-unlockable parts, like Arcturus (Algol's parts) and Ukon (chest tattoo), and also anyone who uses monster growling voice.

There's more reason to believe they won't be unlockable than to believe that they would be unlockable, however, looking at the past three games. There were only a small handful of them unlockable in SoulCalibur III, with the vast majority of story and Chronicles of the Sword characters not being unlockable, the only reason being that we got what we got was to have stand-ins for the unique styles. SoulCalibur IV didn't unlock any of them, with even more appearing in Tower of Lost Souls. Same for SoulCalibur V with the Quick Battle folks and the small handful from its story mode. We'll see. I hope so, but I'm not optimistic about it.

Edit: Added second paragraph.

Last edited:
Yeah, i liked her in design and in character but her being an inferior Astaroth ruined it for me. Wouldnt say i liked her as much as Valeria though.

Her existence has spurred me on to wanting puppet body types for CAS rather than her specifically. Which is probably all we'll get if she does show up in SC6, a CAS-made stand-in of sorts.

Honestly wondering what the legit popularity of Valeria is? I think a lot of people were demanding the return of CotS since SC4 and i believe if a single aspect of that whole thing had to be narrowed down concerning popularity, it would be Grieve Edge and Valeria by extension. Or at least that was my assumption. Anyway... thoughts?

I personally used a Kierkess CaS far more than Valeria, and Grieve Edge wasn't even close to being my favorite custom style, either. Lance, Chinese Blade, and Katana were my favorites, with Wave Swords, Sword & Shield, and Dagger right behind those.

I think a lot of people were demanding the return of CotS since SC4 and i believe if a single aspect of that whole thing had to be narrowed down concerning popularity, it would be Grieve Edge and Valeria by extension. Or at least that was my assumption.
I don't think one style had anything to do with the popularity of CotS. Honestly, I think the mode would still have been popular if it had only relied on the movesets of the main roster. But perhaps that's off topic.

I liked Valeria's design and I liked her moveset. I'd be very happy to see her return.

More generally, I love it when games have shops with shopkeepers in them. It adds a nice bit of world-building, and it's even better when the shopkeepers are unlockable. Dampierre could also fill this role, but something tells me people would rather patronize Valeria's business.

I'd love to see Valeria in Sc6, with a fleshed out moveset. It'd be interesting to see more of her character. Also imagine the reaction you would have if she got revealed. I would scream

Back