What kind of music would you like to hear in SCVI?

I actually think they've killed it with everything we've heard so far. Even the main menu and character select themes are so memorable. I want to get a better listen at the stages, but it seems good so far.

It's interesting because given the time setting and aesthetics it kind of forces things down a somewhat specific road, but basically I want big orchestral pieces. Brass and string instruments, a real full and grand sound. I want them to copy how old movie composers did it, or even old game creators for like Mario or Zelda. Have music that helps tell the story.

I want music that really conveys strong emotion, too. Like the dark woods stage should evoke fear, the desert has foreign twangs, unique instruments, a bright and vibrant stage is energetic, etc.

I hope they really shine in story mode tracks. I want something as memorable as KH music, or the best of GG or SF. Something that'll stick.

I hope we get a sad chapter for something like this. Maybe they finally expand upon Mits.

This can be good music for the Main Option Screen.

-- Oh ... Brand new Character Idea.

Weapon - Long Bladed Katana
Gender - Female
Nationality - Not Known
Age - Not Known
Name - Chiang-Jun
Samurai
Fighting Style -> 'Has heard of the stories of an Evil Blade and will go through thick and thin to STOP such a TERRIBLE EVIL... IF THIS LEGEND MAY BE TRUE.

They should get as many songs as they can, and put them to the in-game Museum with an option to buy. Of course with in-game currency, not real money. Hearing one more time "An Oath of the Sword" in character select screen - priceless.
Yeah... On a Soul Caibur 7 maybe...

@#soulcalbur or whatever. I'M trying to hear that Taki and Mitsurugi song suggestion! Yo, @Draggonnfs, did you get the 2P version of my made-up character, homes! It's like GOTTA A HIT WITH THE PEEPS!

This can be good music for the Main Option Screen.

-- Oh ... Brand new Character Idea.

Weapon - Long Bladed Katana
Gender - Female
Nationality - Not Known
Age - Not Known
Name - Chiang-Jun
Samurai
Fighting Style -> 'Has heard of the stories of an Evil Blade and will go through thick and thin to STOP such a TERRIBLE EVIL... IF THIS LEGEND MAY BE TRUE.
EDIT: The nationality is of JAPANESE BIRTH!

My favorite music in the series is the stuff that leans heavily into portraying the culture of the character it represents, while having a unified, fantasy orchestral sound through it all.

I great like to play for a Vega or Raphael with the main theme of the Phantom of the Opera.
I will be very happy if in the new game, the music theme of the Raphael will be something similar

UPDATE:
in the Youtube I was advised a very good track with the right mood of old France.

Last edited:
Does PS4 allow to hear your music during play?
I am really looking forward to Soul Calibur 6 soundtrack.
I wonder, if Taki and Mitsurugi got their own stages and soundtrack?
But i'd also like some Fear Factory, for example, while playing.

SCVI already has me with that Moon of Oblivion track (plays during the dark forest stage matches, dont remember the name of it)

And there HAS to be a mitsurugi track no question. All of his themes have a signature motif that let's you know it's his (he's the only sc character I've noticed that with so correct me if there's more).

I'm going to start it off with:
  • The Edge of Soul (SE Opening)
  • Future Dancin (Taki's SE theme)
  • Tiny Amulet (Seong Mi-na's SE theme - SKS)
  • Destiny Awaits No One (SCII - Imperial Capitol Ayutthaya)
  • Ephemeral Dream (SCIII - Jyurakudai Villa)
  • Forsaken Sanctuary (SCIII - Lost Cathedral)
  • Phantasmagoria (SCIV - Phantom Pavilion)
  • Innocent Vision (SCIV - Jyurakudai Villa Virgin Snow)
  • Thanatos (SCIV - Tower of Lost Souls)
  • Sleepless: An Untamed Beast (SCV - Z.W.E.I's theme)
  • Wandering Seer (SCV - Viola's theme)
  • Dance of the Oracle (SCV - Viola Quick Battle)

I love the discography of this series, and I'm attempting to get myself a hard copy of each games ost. In addition to the ones Fatal's mentioned (I second Destiny Awaits No One, Ephemeral Dream, Hubris, and Edge of Soul SO HARD) I'll try to list favorites of mine not mentioned yet.

A Mediterranean Call (SB-KSS)
Yellow Sands (SB)
Recollect Continent (SB)
Bred From the Gap (SC)
Hubris (SC2)
Maze of the Blade (SC2, specifically the allegro part of the song)
Pure Breeze (SC3)
Radiant Souls (SC3)
Entwined Destiny (SC4)
Gigantesque (SC4)
Afterglow - A Silent Prayer (SCBD)
To the Wind (SCBD)
Daybreaker (SCV)
The Breeze at Dawn (SCV)

Hey how about an abriged version of this piece,
-Location: Ostriensburg Castle Ruins from SCIV, (before the massacre) with the same instruments and tempo of "Raise Thy Sword" from SCII --

-
--> "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"

- The music and stage from SCIV -> Phantom Pavilion

I hope Namco makes a new character.... *crosses fingers INTENSELY!*

Does PS4 allow to hear your music during play?
I am really looking forward to Soul Calibur 6 soundtrack.
I wonder, if Taki and Mitsurugi got their own stages and soundtrack?
But i'd also like some Fear Factory, for example, while playing.

Found out - It DOES for The Namco-Made Tekken 7 -- We should request that SCVI should do the same with customized-edited MP4 cuts by us, just like they do for Tekken 7 for the PS4!

Back