What Made Ivy and Xianghua so broken in SC2?

CassSophFan

A Young Lady Longing For Adventure
I was just wondering why they were so broken in Soul Calibur 2 other than the fact that most of the average character's moveset was safe on block.:/

Ivy was only broken if you or someone could use her really well. Which technically doesn't make her a broken player in my opinion. If I faced someone that wasn't good with her then they would get smashed.
Xianghua only was broken to people who didn't understand her fakeouts. otherswise she had 44B but other than that she's not much of a problem.

CS/SS wasn't that important in SC2 because it was slow (i21-i22 or something) and had less range. Because of the flaming CS glitch it was a true mixup, though. SS was better because it had 100% tracking and would catch the opponent even if he was behind Ivy. She also had crazy 2A with almost half screen range, 33A - step killer with advantage on block and half life combo on NH, WP 4A+B:B, a step killer move, with simple JF for 80+ dmg on NH, UB/CS mixup AND also guaranteed damage on block... there were more things like this, she was clearly powerful in almost every aspect.

ivy: 33a, 22b, 6b9 .....something like 95 damage...FC1b? maybe WRb i don't remember into ivy lick., 66a and the most amazing 2a of all time. lol her falming CS...2a>mash out CS>end it with 214>ROFL.

xianghua: 3a spam and 22b, 1b, fc3b

niether of these things made them broken, though. they are just, IMO, their strongest tools.

talim 33a spam was amazing. her bba/bbk, 44b, 44b did 120 damage or chip to death.

raph 6bb, SCC, 236a+b was amazing.

nightmare had his 2g safe 3b...

maxi had lvl 1 SCC 33b.

hwang had his amazing 6k SCC shenanigans and 3aa.

yoshi had his 1a > wrk shenanigans...

taki had her PO UB cancel rush.

kilik had legend rush.

even mina had an amazing 3b.

if you ask me the top tier in sc2 was most likely cervantes and yoshi IMO, but it debatable...nobody in the game except maybe heihachi on ps2 version was broken though.

Definitely not broken, just very good.

That's the beauty of SCII as you can see simply by looking through an archive of weekly and even major results, character wise anyone could win.

Definitely not broken, just very good.

That's the beauty of SCII as you can see simply by looking through an archive of weekly and even major results, character wise anyone could win.

I just think it is screwed up when back then, people complained certain things were "rigged", and now people seem to forget the "rigged" things in the old games.

All a Raphael player needed to do to win was really 6BB, which was kind of funny since all I used to do in SC2 was button mash and use Raphael's 6BB, then it turns out I wasn't far from being a pro with Raphael.

I just think it is screwed up when back then, people complained certain things were "rigged", and now people seem to forget the "rigged" things in the old games.

All a Raphael player needed to do to win was really 6BB, which was kind of funny since all I used to do in SC2 was button mash and use Raphael's 6BB, then it turns out I wasn't far from being a pro with Raphael.
Feel free to correct me as my memory may be fuzzy, but I'm near certain he got a huge nerf after Ver. B.

Feel free to correct me as my memory may be fuzzy, but I'm near certain he got a huge nerf after Ver. B.
Hmm I actually didn't know there were more versions. But I don't believe the speed of the attack changed much. 6BB was still probably the fastest attack in the game.

Yama, even though you could jump the second hit. I still think Hei's 9KK was broken.
If the blocked the high and didn't jump the low was guaranteed. It wasn't launch punishable. It was a NCc.
Thats just way too good

Also in Ver A: Taki 66AA~2 PO A+K was a NC... It was like 30% way way way too good. LOL

Yama, even though you could jump the second hit. I still think Hei's 9KK was broken.
If the blocked the high and didn't jump the low was guaranteed. It wasn't launch punishable. It was a NCc.
Thats just way too good
Hei was too much. In addition to the above, his Dragon Breath had insane priority. I really only ever cared about Ver. A-D and this is a big part of why, lol.

Also in Ver A: Taki 66AA~2 PO A+K was a NC... It was like 30% way way way too good. LOL
I really wish I could roll back versions just to play Ver. A Taki again, haha. I remember all too clearly, good times.

Hei was too much. In addition to the above, his Dragon Breath had insane priority. I really only ever cared about Ver. A-D and this is a big part of why, lol.

I really wish I could roll back versions just to play Ver. A Taki again, haha. I remember all too clearly, good times.

HAHA! Yeah. I guess your comment about it not being too broken wasn't towards me the first time! :)
VerA Taki was pure win!

HAHA! Yeah. I guess your comment about it not being too broken wasn't towards me the first time! :)
VerA Taki was pure win!
Oh, no way! Hei was silly pants.

I was referring to the OP in regards to X.

Ya... X was good
AA (CH confirm) B
3b 1B 66k
22b 1B WRk
3a
and she had a few things that you could SCC for plus frames.

Not broken, just really good.

Xianghua isn't broken, people just don't take the time to learn how to punish her attacks and fakes lol

Dude. Seriously. Stop replying to shit that's over a year old. We get it. You play her. You're afraid she might get "banned" for being too good or something. Or you're afraid you'll be labeled as a tier whore who only wins because he plays with THE top character in this game. Don't worry bout it. Just play and have fun.

Back