What the heck happened to Ranked?

ZOo00OOm

is dead
A month ago, the ranked playlist used to be full of players. But now, it's barren and devoid of competition. What happened? Did all the players move on to player matches and Black Ops II?

I guess people have moved on to other games. That, or people aren't serious with ranks anymore. Rank doesn't matter much to me anyways.

cause rank is garbage. but with this game not coming to EVO and it basically dying a slow death in the competitive community, it's no wonder that less people are playing Soul Calibur and playing the newer games. That's what happens when the devs don't support their game for long. they rushed it and brushed it aside and gamers are doing the same thing. 1 year is about the lifetime you get when that happens.

cause rank is garbage. but with this game not coming to EVO and it basically dying a slow death in the competitive community, it's no wonder that less people are playing Soul Calibur and playing the newer games. That's what happens when the devs don't support their game for long. they rushed it and brushed it aside and gamers are doing the same thing. 1 year is about the lifetime you get when that happens.
1360301874570.png

sorry for me stating facts. yeah. you're cool for putting up a little pic that you went through the trouble of finding on google images. good for you. now be like an actual adult (if you are one) and put something that actually adds to the conversation.
Online ranked=/=Offline competition. Online ranked has always been pretty bad (mostly) anyway, plenty of legitimately skilled players are more frequently in player match. Also proves you're not paying attention to anything really seeing as FR is shaping up to be a very large event SC-wise. Not to mention I'm sure all the anime games aren't dying slow deaths seeing as they are never featured at EVO. Come on now. But lets not transform this thread into the ever exciting online v offline debacle.

Online ranked=/=Offline competition. Online ranked has always been pretty bad (mostly) anyway, plenty of legitimately skilled players are more frequently in player match. Also proves you're not paying attention to anything really seeing as FR is shaping up to be a very large event SC-wise. Not to mention I'm sure all the anime games aren't dying slow deaths seeing as they are never featured at EVO. Come on now. But lets not transform this thread into the ever exciting online v offline debacle.
oh, i agree. the online vs offline debate has been done time and time again. yeah the anime games are dying out as well but only a select few of them. i went to SCR and the usual games Marvel and SF were big as usual but also KOF also seemed to have a very large fan base. i was just comparing the two in a metaphorical sense. but i did notice, on PS3 at least, that SC5 online seems pretty dead. i just went off on some long rant. because, i'm a writer and that's what i tent to do like i'm doing now. >_< i just like to type.

Screw this, Tuesday Takeovers usurped Ranked. I'll only play Ranked if I wanted to try something out from practice, even then it's more fun to play in GC. At least, I don't have to wait like 8 to 10 min just for match.

I know Ranked on PSN isn't that great but I've been having no issues with it on XBL. There are quite a few decent players on there, and it usually doesn't take me long to connect. I even sometimes set it to search 3+ bars and get connected to Europeans on a decently playable 3 bar connection.

I still play ranked when I want to find opponents with decent connection quality.

The thing with ranked is, if I heard correctly, there's an infection around, some ranked players are infecting others with it. The infections gets your progress and corrupts it. That's why I stopped playing there right away.

Bad servers and matchmaking really it's to be expected though your trying to find a match blind (quick match) instead of having ranked rooms, it would probably get more people to play the mode if it had them.

The thing with ranked is, if I heard correctly, there's an infection around, some ranked players are infecting others with it. The infections gets your progress and corrupts it. That's why I stopped playing there right away.
This has to be a joke, right? I've never heard of nor had any problems with ranked. I prefer it to the other two modes personally. I'm technically taking a break from it, but that's because I'm hooked on Tomb Raider, but I'll be back on soon. Don't fret my friends, just set your connection status to Any!
I don't know why but 0 bars are somehow usually better than 5 bars for me...

Back