What would you want to see out of an all-Marvel fighting game?

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
Marvel vs. Capcom bombing and DC's Injustice doing well made me think that maybe it's time for Marvel to try their hand at a fighting game solely dedicated to the characters of Marvel. This is especially true since they've said they wanted to get back into the world of gaming. If they did that, what would you want to see out of an all-Marvel fighter?

My wishlist:

1. Draw from the comics, don't just plug for the MCU. I mean, that just makes for a very boring and uninspired game like MvCI. Just look at how terrible that game did and one of the common complaints was that the roster was horridly dull.
  2. On that note, include X-Men and FF characters. Since Marvel should be getting the film rights back soon, they won't have shit to use for leverage.
  3. Oh, and make sure to include left-field picks!
  4. Have a proper budget and development cycle, to make sure we don't end up with well, another MvCI situation.
  5. Get a talented developer. The one I'd like to see is Arc System Works, because they're on a roll lately.
  6. Have plenty of content to keep players coming back.
  7. Support it! Post-launch is important to make sure the game has a long life ahead.
As for what I'd like to see out of the roster, here you go. I made use of all kinds of Marvel characters from the A-list classics to the lesser-known, just as a game like this should have.

DK8qm6r.jpg

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, Nova, Doctor Doom, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Cloak & Dagger, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Magneto, Juggernaut, Psylocke, Armor, Captain Marvel, Star-Lord, She-Hulk.

Bottom

Ant-Man, Ghost, Enchantress, Doctor Strange, X-23, Annihilus, Super-Skrull, Doctor Octopus, Black Panther, Nico Minoru, Gwenpool, Taskmaster, Storm, Sentinel, Dazzler, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Rocket Raccoon, Thanos.

So, what do you guys think?

1. Draw from the comics, don't just plug for the MCU.

The comics have taken a very unpopular twist on a lot of the traditional Marvel characters.
Its baffling how the comic sales have declined, despite the tremendous success the MCU has been.

You'd think there would be more interest in the comic medium due to the success of the films.

The comics have taken a very unpopular twist on a lot of the traditional Marvel characters.
Its baffling how the comic sales have declined, despite the tremendous success the MCU has been.

You'd think there would be more interest in the comic medium due to the success of the films.
To be fair, a lot of Marvel’s comic woes have been from trying to sync with the MCU (which is like fitting a square peg in a round hole) on top of pushing political agendas at the expense of good storytelling. I think it’s gotten better lately, though.

Also comics are still popular, albeit in the form of trade paperback novels.

Back