When are you going to have to say "There are too many fighting games"?

I kinda already said this, can't afford to keep plunging into these games nor the time to put into them right now and that is simply cause I'm not motivated in the slightest to learn any of them after MvC3(which at the end of the day was disappoint to me). I've tried a lot of the 2D flavors BBs, MvC3, SF4s, AH3...out of all those, AH3 is a good time. But Im unmotivated cause its not on the system I play the most (Xbox360). Hell, I never even gave MK a chance and I've been hearing nothing but good things about the damn thing. Thought about giving BBCS another chance, but once again. Just can't bring myself to pick it back up...

Also its personally, the fighters I REALLY want to play are simply not out yet on console. KoF13, SCV, TTT2, and Skullgirls. So, Im just gonna go play some mindless shooters until those drop.

Oh well, once VF6, KOF and SCV come out, they can oversaturate the genre all they want. There aren't that many 3D fighters out there so that must counts for something. You can't use the FPS argument because its 2 different genres, people react differently to different genres so one trend in one genre will probably not have the same effect as in another genre.

Man, I wish Final Showdown would just come to consoles.

I promise I'll learn it if it does. I never played VF seriously before.

I would pay $200 for Final Shodown.

Hell, I'd even cosplay if I had to, even if I'd hate every damn minute of it.

Skullgirls isn't going to be for me, those types of games never are. What's surprising me is that I felt BBCS was crap, but BBCS2 seems to be at least decent.

I'd have to agree with the OP, at least in my case. Trying to learn Marvel, SSF4 AE and MK9 while also practicing Calibur and it is stretching me really thin. I think I'm going to have to drop at least one of these games soon if I want to make any significant improvements in any of them

So let's see, the fighting games that are currently active would be: SF, MVC, MK, TK, BB, GG, AH, SC, MB, KOF, VF, correct (not sure if DOA counts)? 11 seems like a pretty good number, I think we can all survive with those fighters, most others would end up being shameless ripoffs of one of the above, like it was in the 90s. If it gets to that point, that might be when there are too many fighting games, but we should all be smart enough to stick with the "good" ones previously mentioned.

The only games that are active right now are SF, MVC3, and MK. Even though BB is at EVO, there is not much going on for it. Tekken gets players in a couple of areas. Barely anything going on for GG, SC, or AH. KOF, DOA and VF are dead until an actual new game comes out on the console, and I am sure that when they do, most will stick to just playing online.

And after 6 months, most people are on to the next game. So I am still not worried about there being too many games.

By active, I just meant that the series actually has a competitive community, albeit how small it is. 8way seems pretty alive right now, as do dustloop and homingcancel, and I recall a VF tourney being at NEC last year, lol. I'm more saying that other fighting games like Battle Fantasia don't really fit into this group. I dunno, maybe I'm just talking out my ass.

Im glad 3rd Strike Online is coming out, get me back in the groove of playing fighters before the ones in my last post, come out...I fucking LOVE 3S!

YES! YES! SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS GOOD YES!!!!!
That's very VERY close to my reaction when I heard about KOFXIII too. XD

Too bad they're trying to tweak the KOFXII netcode instead of using Arc netcode or GGPO. I'm worried about the netplay, and I know no one will play locally.

Supposedly Atlus is going back and forth on Dream Cancel to get some feedback on the best approach. Don't know how true that is.

YEEEAH, playing KoF XIII now!!!

EDIT: Yeah, I found their Atlus feedback thread so there is some community interaction going on here.

Finally, my prayer has been answered, I wish they add Vanessa and Geese/Yamazaki on Console Version. I really can't wait for KOF XIII and SCV.

[quote="SolidSonic, post: 245259"YEEEAH, playing KoF XIII now!!![/quote]

What? What?! How's this now? E3 still going?

The Taito Type X2 files got leaked to the Internet. The same thing happened with BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (and apparently Arcana Heart 3).

Back