When Do You Think SCVI Will Be Announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
As the title states,when do you expect SCVI to be announced? (If there will be a SCVI that is).
I'm getting bored with SCV,it's not like the past SC games,seems just different,in a negative way.
But yeah,what's your expectations?
I think it'll be announced mid-2013,and released by the end of 2014.

P.S: Sorry if there is another thread with the same subject.

Peers into crystal ball....

Re: SC3 AE.

Most people who heap praise on it have never played it, or even SEEN a cab of it. It had it's own share of problems. SC3 AE still had the traditional SC problems: Step-G, extreme favoritism on defense, and was the original "holy shit the damage is too high" game. Was it better than what existed at the time? Definitely, 100%.

Here is the thing though: casuals won't want AE because you know all those "unique" CaS styles they love so much? Except for Hwang, Li-Long and Amy, they were not included in the arcade port. They got no re-balance, and were not included. That's gonna have an impact on sales, hahaha.

As far as I'm concerned, I spent a youth playing many games that got worse the better I got at them. People used to tell me that it was inevitable, but turns out those people are idiots. Turns out games can be good at all levels of play. So when I judge a game for being shit at high level, that means it's shit at every level, but people are too stupid to notice. That doesn't make it a good game. In this retrospect, I really really really appreciate Street Fighter 2 more and more now. It took SC 3.5 full games to be even reasonably balanced. In Tekken it took 6.5 (T5DR) and imo Tekken's type of balance is the lamest most boring shit ever.

Anyways, to re-iterate the topic: SC6, you won't be seeing it soon unless they decide to yank people off working on the new Smash game to work on it... and yes I find that to be awesome, that Nintendo basically said "we don't know how to balance a game" and handed it off to a company with big-boy pants in that regard. At best we are getting an update or revision first, and that certainly won't happen in November.

Wait, what? Smash is being handled by Namco next? O_o People take that game seriously as a fighter too? e-penises know not what holes they enter.

Wait, what? Smash is being handled by Namco next? O_o People take that game seriously as a fighter too? e-penises know not what holes they enter.

People take that game seriously, despite it's lead designer explicitly designing mechanics against competitive play, talking shit about it, not allowing MLG to show footage from it, and heaping disdain on competitive players personally. I figure Nintendo just decide to bite the bullet on this one and give in to cash in on a huge market share.

I have a feeling their games are all "items off", 1v1 only, Final Destination to kill any resemblance of fun the game normally carries too. :p

Also, holy shit, Solo! DX

Basically the same as Poker.

I WTF'ed this post at first, but you do have a point. Both RPS & Poker are based almost entirely around mindgames & mental setups, however things are actually worse for Poker because it legitimately has a physical luck factor to it. On the other hand you can win millions of dollars at Poker.... go figure???

Edit: @Nine-L: C'mon ZWEI has at least Rock & Paper. "Will he use EIN in the string? Will he not use EIN?" Oh... the yomi possibilities..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back