When Do You Think SCVI Will Be Announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul

Valide Kösem Sultan
Hi,
As the title states,when do you expect SCVI to be announced? (If there will be a SCVI that is).
I'm getting bored with SCV,it's not like the past SC games,seems just different,in a negative way.
But yeah,what's your expectations?
I think it'll be announced mid-2013,and released by the end of 2014.

P.S: Sorry if there is another thread with the same subject.

When people get bored of TTT2. I'm a cynic, but its more than likely the case.

In my case, that won't be until at least 2015. :P

Also, it's a bit early to be thinking about a sequel to SCV when the game's only been out for 4 months or so.

I would have to say mid to late 2013 when Soul Calibur VI is announced
By Summer 2014 , Soul Calibur VI hit shelves and hopefully sales enough to keep the series going.

It's more likely there will be a 'Super' SCV than an SCVI, and it's probably unlikely that there will even be a revised edition released. I'd like to think Namco is keeping story/character dlc away from us to work on a revised edition, but I'm not being optimistic. The bi-weekly Creation DLC is just getting more lacklustre with each release imo. Plus, it pisses me off how much effort Namco clearly invested in TTT2, what with its wealth of characters/modes/content/etc. which it then refuses to do for Soul Cal. Oh well, I guess =/

Reactions: Sha
LONG RANT AHEAD, CAUTION!!!

This is an interesting thread. I personally think that all of the shortcomings/failures of sc5 won't allow a sc6 to happen. They only focused on one thing : gameplay. This was how they shot themselves in the foot. Crappy single player modes, incomplete/ lazy roster, poor presentation, lame story, virtually no advertisements, you name it.

For a game that solely focused on the gameplay, it didn't even manage to do that very well. Every character has about 5 moves that dominate their whole game. Not to say that this was any better than it was in the past games, but you would think that after (how many games now?) they would have worked out all the bells and whistles so that almost every move in the game has roughly equal usefulness.

Here's an example of what I mean, these are moves I consider "too" useful. What I mean to say is how useful a move is in relation to the whole move set.

Sieg: 3B

Omega: DNS B

Alpha: JF twister

This tells me that PS still hasn't learned from it's past mistakes. High level play is just as boring to watch as it ever has been. For these reasons, I stopped playing. What's the point of having over 50 moves if you only use 10? Bad game design if you ask me. The only way to fight spam now is the oh-so-difficult JG bullshit. GI is stupid now because your wasting meter AND taking a risk. JI in sc4 was much easier than JG is in sc5, which worked great against the spam. Not to mention the addition of guard burst, which further encourages frame trapping spam. CF in sc4 almost never happened anyway so the guard damage didn't bother me as much as it does now.

Sometimes, some characters can have so much pressure that the game devolves even further with the defending playing doing nothing blocking and punishing. Sure, it works, but it's fucking boring as shit. I can hardly even sneeze the wrong way against viola without taking a STUPID amount of damage from ridiculously long combos that shouldn't even exist in SC. They basically gave her Tekken juggling capabilities.

And what's with all the tracking verticals? My god. Why use quick step when half of your opponents verticals track you anyway? Seriously, for me 7/10 times I quick step, I either get hit with a horizontal move, or by one of Mitsu's heat seeking verticals. Nice idea on paper, but white flashes make it too obvious.

And to PS, fuck you for removing characters/styles that everyone loves and misses. You just had to take the lazy way out and remove all the low tiers, instead of properly balancing them.

I hope there is NOT going to be a sc6. They had their chance to redeem SC in this game and they failed to deliver.

Oh and get this, Hilde still has an infinite! Bravo PS! Instead of trying to make your FG like others (meter system, JG), why not try and fix your own mess before you start stealing your ideas from other mainstream fighters? Fix the glaring character unbalances, fix the stupidly over-useful moves, add in decent single player modes with replay value, and most of all, STOP TAKING THE WORD OF TOURNAMENT PLAYERS AS THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN. Being skilled at something does NOT mean you automatically know how to design it well. It's similar to the different between an auto-mechanic and an auto-engineer.

flame me if you wish, I care not. I've heard it all before, I'm a scrub, I have no right to my opinions, I'm a douche-bag, blah blah blah.

I'm guessing there will be a Vita SCV port, maybe a Wii U one as well where its more of a GOTY edition rather than adding anything major, I'd like to think Namco will have learnt from the Broken Destiny controversy (As well as Capcom's problems with DLC and "SUPER" editions)

As for SCVI? Dunno at this point. I want it. Probably be best waiting for the next gen now because Namco always seems to roll out a Soul Calibur before a Tekken.

Or maybe they'll do a SCXT where they take everyones fave SC and Tekken guys and gals and have them fight it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back