Which Character have the Best/Worst step?

Senzait

Steamed Buns!!
I know Talim and Cassie have pretty good step games but I dont know of anyone else.. and which characters have bad step? (I know Algol does)

Of the characters I've played with, from best to worst (and tiered just for a bit of an understanding) :

Above average: Hilde, Sophitia/Cassandra, Taki, Xianghua, Talim, Mina, Amy, Nightmare, Lizardman

Average: Setsuka, Mitsurugi, Kilik

Below average: Astaroth, Voldo, Algol

Only other person I could possibly comment on is Sieg's and, if so, I'd put him below average also.

Ivy has great step while in Coil stance, she has one of the worst step while in Whip, and average while in Sword.

Actually the WP and SW have the same and yes Ivys generally do. I specifically cling to CL when fighting Raph simply because of the range and stepping capabilities. I will also use CL to as a means to poke and space by back stepping if they hesitate till I'm at WP range.

S_L is right, WP has one of the worst movements in the game. It's not the same as SW. CL is one of the best in the game, and while Hilde's step is better (the best overall), Ivy has a better backdash in CL.

Hmm ill test that (not that i dont believe ring). I guess its just not as noteable a change as CL to SW, not like I really step much in WP either.

She covers the least distance with every step (backstep, sidestep, forward step) while in WP. Her WP movement is also slower, it seems to have some sort of a lag compared to SW/CL.

There is already a very useful step tier list thread with separate lists for backstep, sidestep, forward step, and 8WR.

siegs step and backstep capabilities are absolutely horrid. not only are the sidesteps tiny, the backstep is terribly slow. however where he really shines is his front step, which for sieg is absolutely amazing. 2, maybe even 2 and 1/2 times better & faster than all the rest of his step options. really helps close in from tip range to close range in a jiffy, and can even prove useful if u find ur being out-spaced.

Ivy has great step in CL, the difference is way noticeable.
Let's get to Mina. Mina's step is really good. She has to have one of the best back steps in the game except for algol, cassy, hilde, ivy you know. Her side step is average but her backstep if really good.

Back