Which Characters Do You Like/Hate Fighting As/Against?

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
Before we start, I wish some ground rules...
  • Please, don't say you hate a character because you fought them when used by the A.I.: It is well established that the computer is a cheating bastard that reads inputs and has reaction times that outmatch any human being's. Would you hate your favorite characters if you fought them on the highest difficulty setting and kept losing to them?
  • If necessary, please mention the specific game the character was in.: Character balance changes from game to game. If a character was good/annoying/OP/terrible in a certain game, please name it.
  • You are free to reference or dismiss the tier lists.: Though skill is an important factor when deciding the outcome of a fight, some characters do have advantages over others. As mentioned before, you can like/hate a character for being too good or not good enough. You can disregard tiers in favor of personal experience as long as you remember the first rule. Your opinion can be based on both tier lists and personal experience.
If the anyone (especially the mods) finds any flaw with these rules, I would like to hear how these could be revised.

Let's begin...

Because Link :sc2lnk1: got me into the Soul Series, I've been using the sword and shield styles in his honor. Most of them are the styles of the Alexander family. They are very similar in term of fighting style as the have stabs, aGI's, and :2::3::6: steps. They are among the most simple and effective fighting styles in the series.

I like using Sophitia :sc1sop1: and her daughter, Pyrrha :sc5pyr1:. I am very well into the simplicity of their fighting styles. They also have groin kicks that are good for interrupting attacks and leaving them stunned. They also have stabs that come out quick and powerful and have their lethality increased by pressing :4: at the right time. The Alexandra girls have the most dangerous butts in the series and they can make opponents stumble and fly out of the ring.

I also like using Patroklos :sc5pat1:. Back in SCIV, I originally wanted to make a male sword and shield user, but found Sophitia's and Cassandra's styles to be too girly and silly for him. Because of this, I made female sword and shield wielders, which kick-started my habit of making waifu, even after a more masculine sword and shield style was given to me in SCV. I have more experience designing females. I still made male fighters, but they don't look as good as my female ones. I have picked up Patroklos' style before, but I preferred his sister's styles over his and thus, didn't use him much. After watching people here play him, I decided to pick him up again. Patroklos may not have murderous thighs, butt bashes, or groin kicks, but who needs those when you have a high meter gain, Knees of Justice, and a plethora of attacks that combo into his Critical Edge. Though, some may say his style is a pale imitation of his mother's (even Z.W.E.I. says it in the SCV's story mode), I find it unique in its own way and am kind of glad that Patroklos wasn't too accurate when interpreting his mother's style.

Last edited:
I hate fighting against Astaroth. Talking about SCV cuz that's the only one i played seriously. I just hate the guessing game against him.

I love playing as Tira! She was the reason I got into SC; mainly because of her mood changing. I started playing SCIV about four months ago, and I had no idea what to do or where to start. All I knew was that I wanted to play Tira. When I finally got SCV in February, I started to really get the hang of her. I know her stances and I know her BE's. Sometimes I change mood during battle just it's fun! Her A+B Guard Impact is so much fun to use in SCV because it can knock back. She was the first character I used for casual online matches, and it went pretty well.

The only other character I've been paying attention to so far is Maxi, but I'm still much better using Tira. I like returning to Tira because I feel she's familiar.

Did I mention I like playing Tira?

"Ti-ti-damn it!" - Tira SCIV, Gestopft Madness

I've used Sophitia and Cassandra since SCIII, and since both of them are gone in SCV I think Pyrrha is a good replacement. They really fit my style of up close and personal

I main Leixia and Pyrrha because their mothers were mains of mine. I also find their styles easy and lethal.

I main Leixia and Pyrrha because their mothers were mains of mine. I also find their styles easy and lethal.
Hmm yeah they are simple but effective characters if you spent plenty of time with them, and if you want a more badss version of Pyrrha, me encourage you to try Pyrrha Omega. She's madness but hardcore though.

She is my 4th main 3rd being Viola.
Most people that like playing Soul Calibur chicks is into Viola; which is unsurprising if you are into very cute females or just like playing the opposite sex like me. I been thinking about playing Viola as my 2nd because of her being Amy, but older.

She is my 4th main 3rd being Viola.
Hey if you want to get better with Viola I suggest you do every move set like combos, grapples, being tactical with the orb, using the ToD (Touch of Death) for her on training mode and later play her in offline matches so you can get a feel of using her playing against opponents. You can also play as her on the hardest difficulty once you get very good with her, best characters to go against while playing Viola will be Nightmare, Z.W.E.I., Xiba, Raphael, and Pyrrha Omega.

Back