Which past SC game should I use to train for SCV?

Which past SC game should I use to train for SCV?

• Total voters

MoonlitPhantasm

[08] Mercenary
Hello fellow Souls,

I was wondering which game I should use to train with until SCV is released. I have SCII, SCIII, and SCIV. I'll admit, I enjoy creating characters more than actually playing, but I would like to be as good as I think I make my characters look. Never bothered with SCIV online, but if the consensus is that IV is the game to train with, is it better to play against humans or AI? I would prefer an opinion from more hardcore fighters and/or people that have seen a lot of the gameplay already.

None can really 'prepare' you for it. This game is going to play totally differently than what we've seen already. Some characters in SCIV aren't in SCV and most of those who are won't be playing the same way (Ivy doesn't have as many stances in SCV and Mitsurugi doesn't have relic anymore)

Really you should play none because you may never know what they took, kept, or put in their move list.

Be that as it may, having some experience with the past games is better than never having played them at all. From what I've read on other forums, SCII is still held is high regard, SCIII not so much, and SCIV in between those two. I wouldn't even mind playing games in the series older than those if it would help. Generally, it seems the last game in a series is what to go by. Still waiting on other thoughts/opinions from the community.

Play one of the games with a huge step system. To get used to the super step in five other than that I think most of everything will be completely different.

I have played many fighting games, and I'm quite used to a lot of the 2D ones. It seems I would have had better luck asking this question on GameFAQs. I thought this was a legitimate question regarding SCV, not just SC casually in general. Apparently the admins don't think so.

Back