Which SC is the Best?

After playing 5 for a long time now, I say 4 is the best.

Dude, you haven't been playing it for even half a year... Do you know how long that is in fighting game time? That's like, 1/40 of Street Fighter 2's lifespan, and technology is STILL being invented for that game. XD

Dude, you haven't even been playing it for even half a year... Do you know how long that is in fighting game time? That's like, 1/40 of Street Fighter 2's lifespan, and technology is STILL being invented for that game. XD
Lol you know people will like one game over the over simply because of moveset skins. Or it's taht whole GI thing I don't give a shit about.

6 months is more than enough time to determine if a game is to your liking or not, just saying.

SC died for me when they introduced JG and took away classic GI. All the other mechanics I like though, it's a damn shame that one aspect of the game can ruin it entirely for me. I tried liking the game, I really did. I miss that "what is my opponent gonna do?" moment after a GI, now the only thing people can do is re-GI (assuming they have meter). I don't like how if your opponent has no meter, your GI leads to guaranteed damage. A large part of the mind games have gone away.

Not to mention, damage output in general (especially wall combos) , creates a game that no longer requires you to make multiple mistakes to lose. Now it's 2 mistakes and you're dead. This doesn't allow for very many mind games to happen, nor does it allow for much adaptation within battles.

And finally, all characters that made it into this game have less moves to work with, so there's less to worry about defense-wise, and less to think about offense-wise. Which leads to (you guessed it) less mind games.

Verticals in general track like a mother fucker now. No point in QS when a third of all verticals track enough to catch you.

Losing moveskins was just icing on the cake for me. The whole game is silly and broken IMO.

Now I just play Skyrim. (got sick to death of oblivion).

Now it's 2 mistakes and you're dead. This doesn't allow for very many mind games to happen, nor does it allow for much adaptation within battles.

That doesn't sound like mind games, that sounds like hit and hope. Surely if mistakes become more costly mind games would increase, also mind games don't just stop when you get KO'd.

You can feel free to dislike the game but your reasoning is poor.

Different definitions of the words "mind game", it seems like. To me, more mind games is equivalent to having more opportunities to make mistakes or influence your opponent to make mistakes.

in sc4, it was roughly 3 or 4 mistakes needed to win, now it's 2, MAYBE 3.

^You're exaggerating SCV's damage. SCIV's damage was just low compared to every other SC.

Like both but if they made Talim and Zasalamel return, plus a new character, and also return Just Ukemi's this game would be complete.

I don't understand why so many people see it this way. I think it's actually the other way around, SCV went further into the fantasy/anime direction, to the point of having ridiculous designs like Zwei.
I agree to a degree but some of the characters designs actually improved from SCIV to SCV. Sieg, Nightmare, Raphael, Tira, Maxi, and Hilde since she came back looking as gorgeous as ever. To me all the vets came back looking better, minus Mitsurugi. Sieg doesn't look like some exaggerated protagonist anymore. Nightmare's design is extremely close to SCII's. Raphael, it just simply looks better to me in SCV, SCIV's design of Raph kind of annoyed me, and Tira's design actually looks pretty cool to me in this game. For the new people though... ugh... they needed better designs, minus Viola and normal Pyrrha; Omega shouldn't exist.

I don't understand why so many people see it this way. I think it's actually the other way around, SCV went further into the fantasy/anime direction, to the point of having ridiculous designs like Zwei.
Boohoo. Stop your pouting already.
naruto[2].jpg

I'd say SoulCalibur IV. Just guard and critical edge makes this game unpleasant for me.
What's so bad about just guard? It's quite similar to 'Just Impact'. I also don't see what's so bad about critical edges. They're just another attack just like everything else.

In my opinion, guard impact was more intuitive. Critical edge ruins the flow of the game and is a buggy concept that works with or against you.

In my opinion, guard impact was more intuitive. Critical edge ruins the flow of the game and is a buggy concept that works with or against you.
You can still impact, I also don't understand how CE ruins the flow of the game. They have start up times like everything else.

You can still impact, I also don't understand how CE ruins the flow of the game. They have start up times like everything else.
It's metered guard impact. CE ruins the flow with it's cutscenes, and it's usually as fast as basic attacks. Again this is an opinion.

What's so bad about just guard? It's quite similar to 'Just Impact'. I also don't see what's so bad about critical edges. They're just another attack just like everything else.
O.o really cuz i could do GI quite often and just done JG one time by acident, a think people like the others ones cuz they don t look like a spin off of the series

It's metered guard impact. CE ruins the flow with it's cutscenes, and it's usually as fast as basic attacks. Again this is an opinion.
I can understand that view about CE. The GI though is better than it's ever been. Larger window, does all attack levels, and larger window for attack after a successful GI.
O.o really cuz i could do GI quite often and just done JG one time by acident, a think people like the other one cuz they don t look like a spin off of the series
'Just Impact' was a special type of GI in SCIV were you GI'd the exact hit frame and it appeared red instead of green. It did major damage to soul gauges and left an attack window similar to SCV's GI.

I can understand that view about CE. The GI though is better than it's ever been. Larger window, does all attack levels, and larger window for attack after a successful GI.
It's still metered. Obviously it would be ridiculous if it wasn't. I just prefer SCIV's parry system. Don't get me wrong, I can JG, but it doesn't come naturally.

Back