Who did they model SoulCalibur 2 and 3 Taki's Face after? If she's not modeled after a real person, what J-Idol looks most similar to her?

LibertoMMA

[01] Neophyte
There's an outrage because so far there's no confirmation whether Juia Voth will return as Jill for the Resident Evil 3 remake. Even back than as a child I always found Jill very stunning in the Gamecube Remake. Like she's a real life celebrity. So I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered today her REMake face was indeed based on a real model's face, Julia Voth.

Taki is just hands down the most gorgeous girl in Soul Calibur for me esp in her SC 2 and 3 incarnations. So I am wondering if she's based on a real Japanese woman's face? She's simply just too gorgeous even as a 3D model for me to believe they simply just drew her from scratch esp in 2-3! So there's gotta be a real lady in Japan they modeled her face after before 4 screwed up her design to look more animesque.

Does anyone know who was her source of inspiration? If she's not modeled after a real person but drawn from scratch, does anyone know any Japanese celebrity who resembles Taki's face closely? Thanks in advance!

Heniek

[13] Hero
Considering somewhat animesqe style of Soul Calibur I doubt they are based off anyone in particular, especially when we considered those games were made 15+ years ago

LibertoMMA

[01] Neophyte
So know one else knows of any real life idol who looks lik Taki?

Question came because someone on reddit stated Taki's features are basically a mix of whats considered ideal in Japan's standards of beauty.

RandyDrx

[04] Fighter
So know one else knows of any real life idol who looks lik Taki?

Question came because someone on reddit stated Taki's features are basically a mix of whats considered ideal in Japan's standards of beauty.
Which Taki? The one in SC2/SC3 or SC4?

WuHT

Premium Moderator
There's an outrage because so far there's no confirmation whether Juia Voth will return as Jill for the Resident Evil 3 remake. Even back than as a child I always found Jill very stunning in the Gamecube Remake. Like she's a real life celebrity. So I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered today her REMake face was indeed based on a real model's face, Julia Voth.
Why on earth are you talking about Resident evil ?

WuHT

Premium Moderator
omg i can't believe im' answering this:

Apparently the SC4 face model drew inspiration from Meiko Kaji 梶芽衣子

I used to think this was the most random yet specific soul calibur related question